Diablo® III

Advanced groupfarm for experience guide

*update2 in post #74 http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10039054064?page=4#74 *

*update1 in post #36 http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10039054064?page=2#36 *

Hey guys,

Ever since the information about the global Paragon system get released, there haven't been much else to do in the game, other then leveling characters in preparation.

So i thought i could share what i have been doing towards this goal.

Route:

1:The festering woods (for valor stacks)
1.5: If we only got 2-3 stacks in woods, we go Leoric mansion for 1-2 stacks
2: The Fields of Misery
2.5: If The Decaying Crypt and/or Scavengers Den spawns, clear them out (always made sure we had 5 stacks before doing so)
3: Repeat

Doing this run with a geared group, you can gain 350-400 mil xp per hour on average

Some "Pros" for doing this act1 run

- You can get 5 stacks in Festering Woods very fast (sometimes even 6stacks: 2 elites in Crypts, 3 elites outside + 1 out of 2 random Events)
- You can get +1 stack very easy in fields of misersy (random chest outside - "the old man" + chest in random dungeons)
- You got a decent chance to find ether 'Scavengers Den' or "Decaying Crypt" (both are awesome for exp/hour)
- All Mobs in fields are pretty fast (you can pull them all together with a wd using locust swarm - pestilence rune)
- Inside the "Decaying Crypt" you can make all those female zobies double or even tripple spawn using locust swarm - pestilence rune (afik they spawn 3 3 2 1 zobies and yes they all give exp + loot)
- 95 % of the Mobs (except trees and beastes myb will die to a decent stacked crit rend of 2 or 3 barb in a 4 man Party)
- The map layout is always the same in fields (easy team coordination)

Group composition: 3x WW/Rend barbs + 1x puller Which doctor

Reasons for a WD

- To kill elites to get to 5 stacks very fast (use fire bats + Voodoo+ Mass Confusion/hex 20%dps + Soj)
- To lure all Mobs together in fields of misery using locust swarm - pestilence rune + place your Voodoo im big packs
- To make all those female zobies in the decaying crypt double or even tripple spawn using locust swarm - pestilence rune

Reason for barbs

- To find all those elite outside the crypts in Festring Woods very fast ( barb is most effective due to perma Speed buffs)
- To freez the elite with a cold soj while in festering woods (they wont run out of the wd's bat range that fast + mass dps)
- To kill all the trash the wd lured together using rend with massive crit dmg and crit chance up to 93 %

So onwards to the video showing how its done, and proof for my claim in title

*update3* The great GRIND is over, paragon 1000 barb! @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xGiBwYu5bs

*update2* Diablo 3: Advance group xp farm netting us over 500 mil xp per hour @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz6iDupnwl0

*update1* Level 1 to Paragon 100 in 31 hours and 24 mins @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPaofJymsyg

Diablo 3: Level 1 to Paragon level 100 in 34 hours, featuring a average 405mil xp per hour run @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEyZKTq5-vk

(showing gear and build at the end of the video)

I picked this "only 3 stacks in woods" video to avoid the accusations for a cherry picked run.
You can top out at over 450mil xp per hour in single runs, if you are lucky...

I would also like to add that its even possible to do it quite a bit faster faster then 34 hours. I was playing mostly solo in the start, and that slowed me down.. I would guesstimate ~30 hours is possible with the right "know how" and group.

If anyone have any comments or questions, feel free to ask :)
Edited by Det0x#2856 on 1/19/2014 1:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
Love your vids, Envious of your gear. Keep pasting vids about speed runs and alt builds. I am no where near geared enough but i love WT barb.
Reply Quote
interesting post.. thanks! I'm guessing that other than WD, the monk also has a skill that "sucks" enemies in and the barb also has a rune for Leap but I don't think that's effective enough.. So my only question is if there is no WD in the party, who and what skill type can lure baddies instead?
Reply Quote
Always doing the impossible. Good job Detox.
Reply Quote
Sorry detox, my post was meant for another thread but ended up here for some odd reason which I have already deleted. Anyways awesome vid! Appreciate what you have been doing for the community! More power to you! ;)
Reply Quote
What about halls 2 ? Skip ?
Reply Quote
09/21/2013 05:07 PMPosted by Paxnominus
interesting post.. thanks! I'm guessing that other than WD, the monk also has a skill that "sucks" enemies in and the barb also has a rune for Leap but I don't think that's effective enough.. So my only question is if there is no WD in the party, who and what skill type can lure baddies instead?

Actually i think i would run this route with 4 barbs instead of a monk, if we couldn't use a WD.

There are really no other class that get close to a WD in pulling power.. he can aggro creeps from the other side of fields, and make them come to you.

Unleash a plague of locusts that swarms an enemy, dealing 360% weapon damage as Poison over 8 seconds. The locusts will jump to additional nearby enemies.

This pretty much give him endless range, if the mobs are standing reasonably close, which they are in Fields of Misery, and especially in Den and Crypt
Reply Quote
09/21/2013 05:54 PMPosted by Wockets
What about halls 2 ? Skip ?

Inconclusive atm, as the group couldn't seem to survive there.. :P
Reply Quote
where's your profile?
Reply Quote
09/21/2013 06:31 PMPosted by DethAxe
where's your profile?

Not that it really matters, but here it is: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Det0x-2856/
Reply Quote
^ here:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Det0x-2856/hero/432203

This is the kind of vid that makes the devs nerf barbs even more haha! :D

Truly impressive teamwork there, Detox. And coupled with Rick Astley lol! :D
Reply Quote
good to know.. btw, would you suggest this same route for solo run? thanks for answering my first qustion, man.. :)
Reply Quote
Not fast enough. Try better!
Reply Quote
3 Paragon 100 barbs, I bow to you
Reply Quote
The will to play!
Reply Quote
@Detox

Thanks for your calculations and group efficiency research. Pretty much the only downside of this route I see is you get nv stacks in FW and sometimes even port to Leo - thats a considerable amount of time, and then with 5 nv you clear only ONE map with 0-2 side dungeons, and then have to restart and recharge 5nv.

Have you tried a2 route Nubtro suggested? 5 nv in Vota => Oasis=>Forgotten Ruins=>Chnnels=Storm Halls ? ( http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8796351234?page=1 )

The pluses of this route:
1. Fastest 5nv in game,
2. More maps to clear before restart=>less time wasted getting 5nv overall,
3. All maps are 100% spawns, no rng.
Downsides:
1. Channels are corridor-based dungeons and you cannot pull large groups there=> wd is pretty useless.
2. You can go wrong way in Channels corridors and drop wrath.
Reply Quote
Yeah grats from me again.

Btw. I´ve been playing A1 a bit more these past few days and have horrible Festering RNG, the elites spawns there are too unreliable for my taste. I mean, most of the time I get 3, very rarely 4, I haven´t had a 5 spawn in like forever, not to mention the quest is non-existent in my game. Leoric´s Mansion is even worse. You get 3 in the Woods and go there only to find 1 more...

Also, Crypt spawn is like 1/4 for me, Den is quite short and without those I feel like I´m wasting too much time getting stacks and the actual FoM is too short.

It´s even worse when I run my WD solo. Ghosts slow me in the Woods, Bowmen run away and I have to time my Jaunt perfectly through the mess with 150 mobs on the screen in the Fields so that I don´t get killed by the charging beasts. Nightmarish, Frozen and Knockback all lower my efficiency (again most of the time I don´t see a thing through locusts and CoB). I really, really hate the fact that basically the only WD mobility skill is also the main defensive survival skill and has a cooldown. Other than that, WDs are broken lol.

Anyway, on topic. I still think that if you guys really made the effort and weren´t so scared of A2, that you´d get better results. No matter how hard I try, solo I can´t beat my A2 exp gains in A1.

EDIT: Consider having Rend on left mouse button, which would allow you to auto-swing to get the initial Fury for Battle Rage instead of standing there for 12 seconds until the monsters damage you enough. As I saw in the video, with your defensive stats this takes a while :)

EDIT 2:

Downsides: 2. You can go wrong way in Channels corridors and drop wrath.

In a group he can leave->continue to refresh WotB like he did after Leoric´s Manor.

I wish I had equally geared friends to play with hmm :/
Edited by Nubtro#2147 on 9/22/2013 4:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@ Nubtro

Anyway, on topic. I still think that if you guys really made the effort and weren´t so scared of A2, that you´d get better results. No matter how hard I try, solo I can´t beat my A2 exp gains in A1.

The thing is, while the act2 run is the best run for a solo ww/rend barb no questions asked, we don't really have enough information on how they stacks up in group..

Chaz have shown is possible to break 400mil xp per hour in act 2, with a pretty much perfect rng run, we did that quite casually with a 3 stacks in woods start, even with one guy dieing all the time..

I asked Zylog which is playing in "Chaz's group" how much xp they were getting in group on a "per run basis" in act2. And this is response i got:

We were getting quite a lot of XP, about 350 mil xp/h for a poor run, 380-390 on a typical one, and with good RNG, over 400.

Thats pretty much exactly the same as we are getting in act 1..

But we should stop measuring this on a per run basis, and instead look at a longer "real-life" timescale.
And i can start giving some information about this.

A ww/rend barb named Rob were playing with us for a few hours, and he managed to get 712 800 000 xp in two hours exactly. This makes out to 356mil xp per hour over a 2 hours period time, and this included picking up items, identifying them, selling them, repairing gear and just joking around ingame as we normally do etc etc.

356.400.000 Exp Per Hour @ http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=68838355&f=68

I would very much appreciate if we could get/make some numbers like that for the act 2 route (with "proof"), so we could actually compare the numbers, and see how they stack up under "real group game-play".

What iam really trying to explain in this post, is that just because the act2 run smokes act1 in solo farming, it doesn't necessary mean its the same way in group farm..

Some of the benefits to playing with this group composition in act 1:

- You explorer woods for elites like 3.5 times faster then solo.
- The WD really helps on the killtime on the elites.
- The WD pulls all the mobs for you in fields, so you really don't have to "scout" for things to kill
- The WD can make those female zobies in the decaying crypt double or even tripple spawn using locust swarm, before you even get there.
- The areas are pretty small/compact, so the move speed of the WD dont slow us down.

I simply don't know if you would get the same benefits with a group in act 2.
Edited by Det0x#2856 on 9/22/2013 5:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I have seen Chaz Solo Charts for the Act 2 RUN he was on avg 230M/Hour that 400M+/hour was just lucky he had like the perfect shrines as well. I've done some act 2 testing as well on my WD and afaik act 2 is inconsistent. on one run i had over 500M/hour and on others i had less than 200 solo. so what im trying to say is Chaz 400 run was extreme luck with monsterspawns, shrines, elites.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]