Diablo® III

What to do on a boat

Okay so I made a post in June or July when my season started, but since then I need more stuff to do. I fish in the middle of the ocean on a boat without internet and I need fun things to do.
I just bought a new alienware lappy with all those high end specs.
I'm asking you guys to suggest movies, tv series and games to take with my on my trip.
I have steam, but would actually prefer non-steam games because steam always craps out mid way through a trip (sometimes I'm out there for several months)

I bought and have yet to play Dust, Tombraider, Starcraft 2 hots, and Trine 2 to name a few. I still have games I don't mind playing again like Peggle, Baldurs gate and Skyrim.

For series I have under the dome, Firefly and the walking dead. I've watched most mainstream fav's but I'm looking for lots of suggestions.

And all movies suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Do you like TV shows with quirky characters and off-beat humor? If so, try:

Sci-Fi:

Warehouse 13
Eureka

Fantasy:

Grim
Once Upon a Time--though I think the 1st season was better than the second.

Action/mystery:

Bones
Psych
Burn Notice
The Mentalist
The Finder
White Collar

Also, straight sci-fi:

Defiance

Games:

Defiance has a decent third person shooter that's tied into the show. I managed to get it for $10.00 from Amazon. However, I don't think there's an offline mode.

Don't Starve is an excellent game, though I think that was suggested last time you posted. Same with The Walking Dead Game by Telltale Games.

If you like matching games, Coffee Rush (1 or 2) is good mindless fun.

Good luck in your hunt for entertainment :)
Reply Quote
Great addition. I've seen eureka, bones and the mentalist, but definately will look into the others. I'm not a huge fan of what I've seen of defiance.
Yes don't starve was suggested last time and I picked it up.

Thank you.
Reply Quote
http://imgur.com/gallery/fsEIjoT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Great addition. I've seen eureka, bones and the mentalist, but definately will look into the others. I'm not a huge fan of what I've seen of defiance.
Yes don't starve was suggested last time and I picked it up.

Thank you.

Defiance sort of reminds me of Babylon 5 in that it was, like B5, slow and clunky in the beginning. However, also like B5, the show has found its footing with the storyline becoming tight and cohesive at the end of the season. I'm looking forward to Season 2.

There are two more shows I forgot to list above:

Drama

The Bridge
Longmire

Both are very, very good.
Edited by Bird#1227 on 9/22/2013 1:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'll look into those. Another question do you know of anyway to remain good and league of legends without actually playing lol? I need an offline alternative, sc2 is the closest thing I have currently.
Reply Quote
TV Series

Supernatural

Game

Dark Souls (get a controller and DSFix mod)

I'd also suggest State of Decay buuuuut it's in Early Access right now. It's a really fun single player zombie survival (not multiplayer like DayZ) and has an actual story. The game plays out differently each time due to random events, people dying (everyone except one character can die) and such. The game will also progress when you're offline so if you leave your base in good condition, it'll be in good condition when you come back. Leave with it with morale issues and zombie hordes in the area and !@#$ will have hit the fan. It's very solid for now but unless you're going to have access to download updates, you may want to pass.

I know you would prefer non-steam games but that's all I know :)

OH, and if you're going to be around for a couple more weeks; Terraria. It's getting a HUGE update on October 1st (supposedly).
Edited by Ringo#1617 on 9/22/2013 7:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I leave today or in the next couple :( I've been looking forward to Terraria update and Starbound forever!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]