Diablo® III

New wizard - what's wrong with my build/gear?

I'd really appreciate some help. I just picked up my wizard again the other day and bought some gear on the AH based on recommendations from a gear thread in this forum. I'm sad to say I don't think it's working out for me. My stats seem OK for MP1 where I'm playing, but it takes me forever to actually kill anything solo, and I feel like I'm not even making a dent in public games.

This is basically the standard WW/CM build, but I changed WW to shock pulse/living lightning, which actually seems to work much better. My survivability is great with tons of mobs since I can crit rather well, but on single enemies like bosses I don't do so hot. I think I died about 4 times beating Belial with one other friend.

I have about 20-30Mil that I'm willing to invest in this guy. Specific suggestions for gear changes are really appreciated. TIA
Reply Quote
CC is under 50% -- you should use Deep Freeze for farming. You're not quite at 2.73, but that's not the issue. You should try to raise your crit chance. I see your Nat's ring doesn't have it or your Storm Crow.

I think you need to fix those, your general CC issue, and go back to Wicked Wind.

And don't use Belial as some kind of standard measure of CM performance; he can't be frozen.
Reply Quote
CC is under 50% -- you should use Deep Freeze for farming. You're not quite at 2.73, but that's not the issue. You should try to raise your crit chance. I see your Nat's ring doesn't have it or your Storm Crow.

I think you need to fix those, your general CC issue, and go back to Wicked Wind.

And don't use Belial as some kind of standard measure of CM performance; he can't be frozen.

Thanks for the tips. I picked up a new storm crow that has 4.5CC, but had to give up the socket. There were literally none on the AH with both attributes. It doesn't really seem like I need the life anyway.

Are there any other builds that would be able to use CM gear? I'm worried I'm pigeonholing myself into this build with the gear I've bought. Frankly, CM/WW is very effective, but I find it a bit dull.
Reply Quote
09/21/2013 07:54 PMPosted by Azazel
I picked up a new storm crow that has 4.5CC, but had to give up the socket. There were literally none on the AH with both attributes.
Storm crow only gets 1 random attribute, it can be either a socket or crit chance, but not both.
Are there any other builds that would be able to use CM gear? I'm worried I'm pigeonholing myself into this build with the gear I've bought. Frankly, CM/WW is very effective, but I find it a bit dull.
You can do an archon build with a slight change to gear. Life on hit is not very effective with archon so you want a weapon with life steal. Getting a black damage weapon with life steal, socket, and crit damage, and a triumvirate source will allow you to run a pretty effective archon build.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]