Looking forward to the results, Mr!
Edited by mzy#1101 on 9/21/2013 1:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Standard SNS
Waller, Desecrate, Frozen, Teleport: 0:52.5
Nightmare, Vampire, Waller, Frozen: 0:57.0
Shielding, Jail, Electrify, Molten: 0:59.5
Frozen, Fast, Jail, Shielding: 0:58.4
Arcane, Electrify, Horde, Frozen: Died (frozen, electro dance party)
Frozen, Knockback, Arcane, Extra Health: 1:04.6
Average Time: 0:58.6

Although the average time is a little better than CM/WW/Meat with Unleashed, it's not that much better. Meat/U does more damage than standard SNS if there are more than four or so enemies so that does make up for a little bit of time lost against singles.

So, as kiza said, without true controlled variables (elite affixes, number of mobs, positioning of elite in the WR, if they are archers with Knockback/Nightmare/Horde -.-, etc..), these tests will always have a little random element in there. Not to mention the ongoing issue with both CM/WW and Meteor in that single targets become a bit of a pain, especially if they have CC effects which make you move or stop you from attacking.

Tekk
Tried using just Meteor without very little or no WW... wind up got me killed a bit... needing more EHP got me killed a bit... single targets with annoying affixes got me killed a bit... I guess I'll have to find another way to control WW use. The whole idea is to keep permafreeze (stutter for singles) and keep up the stream of Meteors so using WW is a must.

I guess I could micro better and really control my spell casts... ie. for every two WW I cast, I cast six Meteors before having to cast another two WW. Skill and consistency will come into play a bit here which leaves more room for error... hahaha... damn you, Meats!
Reply Quote
Tekk
Tried using just Meteor without very little or no WW... wind up got me killed a bit... needing more EHP got me killed a bit... single targets with annoying affixes got me killed a bit... I guess I'll have to find another way to control WW use. The whole idea is to keep permafreeze (stutter for singles) and keep up the stream of Meteors so using WW is a must.

I guess I could micro better and really control my spell casts... ie. for every two WW I cast, I cast six Meteors before having to cast another two WW. Skill and consistency will come into play a bit here which leaves more room for error... hahaha... damn you, Meats!
So play with me sometime, and I'll show you some things to help. :)

And it's just fine to cast Wicked Wind initially if you aren't able to get Frost Nova off (like one or two), as often it can help to have some sustain because of the casting delays of Meteor and Explosive Blast . But the idea is not to alternate back and forth between Meteor and WW. This really holds back a lot of wizards that use meteor. For most meteor runes (except Liquefy), one of the biggest benefits of running Meteor is frontloading your damage. So if you're forced to cast Wicked Wind anyways, then you're better off running just Wicked Wind and normal SNS. Usually you should only be using WW when 1-2 enemies are present, or casting a few when you approach a mob.

EDIT: Just realized you were trying to spam Meteors on singles. That's not very effective at all. That's one of the big reasons you include Wicked Wind or Living Lightning in a Meteor build (ie to help with singles). Only very dedicated Meteor setups (both gear and skills) can sustain a Meteor spam on singles. And that comes from someone that did do that. I got "the t-shirt on it," and take it from me that it's a highly overrated and masochistic thing to try! :p I'd focus on being able to spam Meteor non-stop on either 3 targets (elites) or 2 targets (ubers). But with Loot 2.0+RoS, it should be a lot easier to attempt single-target spamming, since Meteor will have lower AP costs and APoC/Meteor values on lvl 70 gear will be higher. :)
Edited by TekkZero#1963 on 9/21/2013 8:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah.. that's exactly what I thought. Right now, the only reason why I use WW is for better LoH returns amongst a sh!tstorm of affixes or if Meteor isn't returning enough AP.

I just wanted to do these tests to see what works with my setup and if there was anything better than I didn't think of.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]