Diablo® III

Hellfire Ring in PS3

What's the best way to get 5 stacks of valor before you use the infernal machine? I tried a video but the locations didn't match the PS3 version. Any tips? Thanks.
Reply Quote
They keywardens are in the same place as the pc version and It isn't 5 stacks, 3 stacks is the cap on console. Act 1 is in the fields of misery, best way to farm it is to pick the last quest in act 1 and teleport to fields of misery and go south. Act 2 is in Dalghur Oasis, pick the black soulstone quest and get your stacks in the desolate sands while searching for VoA. Act 3 is in Stonefort, you can probably just start with beginning act 1 quest and move through the quest line quick to get your 3 stacks and run into him. act 4 keywarden is in Crystal Spire - Level 1
Reply Quote
Festering wood in act 1 90%chance three e in a smallish area
Reply Quote
I have the keys and already made a machine, I just need the 3-5 stacks to get the demon parts for the ring. I can't find three valors to stack before I open the hell rift to access the uber bosses.
Reply Quote
09/22/2013 02:27 AMPosted by Joseph
I have the keys and already made a machine, I just need the 3-5 stacks to get the demon parts for the ring. I can't find three valors to stack before I open the hell rift to access the uber bosses.

festering woods 2 small cave areas in there with guaranteed elites and 1 roaming around outside usually

its very easy to find 3x valor before opening the uber portals.

also leorics has a guaranteed elite also if your 1 short.
Reply Quote
If you can't find anything it's because you aren't looking, there literally a dozen places to get your 3 stacks, but remember the drops aren't guaranteed unless your on master 5 and in a 4 person group.
Reply Quote
09/22/2013 02:58 AMPosted by Gimpo
but remember the drops aren't guaranteed unless your on master 5 and in a 4 person group.

master 5 guarantees the drop there is no need to be in a 4 man group to gain the item.

it is nice to fill your party for ubers though to allow others a chance at the drops too no point wasting 3 free slots.
Reply Quote
Gimpo, don't be so quick to assume to know lol You have no idea what I was doing.

Thanks for the info Argo, most people say five so I'm glad it's just three. I'll go do this now. I tried gathering three others, but two had 4k in life and only 6k in damage = tougher bosses with lacking partners :/ I have a better shot doing this alone.
Reply Quote
Just got it but wow, what a huge disappointment. All this work and effort for a ring that is no better than my previous rare ring :/ Extremely let down with this, I thought it would be great. I know you can craft more but the gamble seems like a waste of time if a Hellfire can produce such terrible stats.
Reply Quote
hellfire can also produce great stats its all in the rolls :-)

cant really pass up that extra exp gained from the ring

av dmg
main stat
crit
crit dmg
ias

would make for a very nice hellfire ring, although im not sure just how many stat rolls the hellfire rings get.

-Edit-

check out this guys hellfire ring i would definitely say there worth it when rolled well :-)

http://www.diabloprogress.com/item/26837313
Edited by AgroAnt#6163 on 9/22/2013 5:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah it can, I've seen some awesome ones but it seems to be hit or miss. This ring should be a bit safer in terms of the gamble. I would rather have to get 60 demonic parts for a more 100% powerful ring than the gamble with 3 parts lol
Reply Quote
dont forget though that the ring is also usable at level 1. so its great for leveling alts.
Reply Quote
Plus you can always salvage bad ones for a brimstone.....For me Ubers is about the challenge and fun...with a bonus chance to get a good ring!!
Reply Quote
its the same as pc d3 just easier. 2 guaranteed stacks in festering woods and there are generally a few elites there just hanging out on the map. If you need to restack leorics manor also has a guaranteed stack.
Reply Quote
hellfire can also produce great stats its all in the rolls :-)

cant really pass up that extra exp gained from the ring

av dmg
main stat
crit
crit dmg
ias

would make for a very nice hellfire ring, although im not sure just how many stat rolls the hellfire rings get.

-Edit-

check out this guys hellfire ring i would definitely say there worth it when rolled well :-)

http://www.diabloprogress.com/item/26837313

But is that console or pc? we dont know what has changed if anything.
Reply Quote
But is that console or pc? we dont know what has changed if anything.

that ring is PC

but on console things can roll past the limits put on PC

so the console hellfire rings can roll more improved stat ranges.
Reply Quote
09/22/2013 07:08 AMPosted by Ordik
dont forget though that the ring is also usable at level 1. so its great for leveling alts.

Good point, forgot about it. Might do Hardcore 30 challenge so the hellfire would be good for that.

09/22/2013 07:17 AMPosted by Vikesfan353
Plus you can always salvage bad ones for a brimstone.....For me Ubers is about the challenge and fun...with a bonus chance to get a good ring!!

I have tons of brimstone but appreciate your suggestion. I agree it is fun and challenging but so is using no armor or low level armor on M5 Inferno for some ;) I also like those two aspects but just think less gamble and a bit more assurance is ideal in light of the fact it requires so much effort to attain.
Reply Quote
09/22/2013 03:57 PMPosted by Joseph
less gamble and a bit more assurance is ideal in light of the fact it requires so much effort to attain.

at least they give you the option of choosing what main stat it has. imagine if all of the extra affixes were random :)

but agree, given there is so much variability in acquiring the machine keys, then in acquiring the ring pieces (assuming you cannot farm these at high master levels) the chances of a crappy ring are almost too high.

case in point the first one I made on the console rolled magic find and gold find. I was not a happy camper.
Reply Quote
also you can stick it on your follower for 11.2% exp gain. which is better then nothing and at that point who cares how it rolled, its on your follower.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]