Diablo® III

Does anyone know how lvl70 and PL 2.0 will work?

Will you gain regular levels from 60 to 70 while earning paragon experience at the same time?
Reply Quote
Hasn't been announced, not possible for anyone to know the answer to this other than Blizzard.
Reply Quote
That's a really good question. My guess is that Paragon 2.0 will kick for any account with at least one character 60+. Otherwise, people who do not buy RoS will not be able to experiment Paragon 2.0
Reply Quote
I'm pretty sure that you have to farm "the normal XP" first to get to level 70. Once you're level 70, then the "Farming Paragon XP" gets enabled.

It's as if you'd start a whole new character from scratch and level him up to level 70. That character probably won't get paragon XP either when he becomes level 60.
Edited by TomCii#2893 on 9/23/2013 2:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
+1 for a good question.

No way to know for sure, but generically I would guess that RoS players would start at 70 and Vanilla will begin at 60? That said, I would not be blown away if Paragon started at 60+, I just don't expect it (like I did not expect the AH thing).

Maybe a blue can answer this and add to the FAQ thread
Reply Quote
I've heard that you don't gain Paragon exp until you get to 70.
Reply Quote
Game Designer
Paragon experience is only earned when you are playing a character who is max level. If you are level 60 and paragon 100, when the expansion launches you will continue earning paragon experience in the new system. Once you have the expansion enabled your experience earned will take you from level 60-70 at which point it will again be added to your paragon level instead of character level.
Reply Quote
09/23/2013 03:51 PMPosted by Travis Day
Paragon experience is only earned when you are playing a character who is max level. If you are level 60 and paragon 100, when the expansion launches you will continue earning paragon experience in the new system. Once you have the expansion enabled your experience earned will take you from level 60-70 at which point it will again be added to your paragon level instead of character level.

wont that trivialize the new expansion content to be boosted instantly to level 70 like that?
Reply Quote
09/23/2013 04:04 PMPosted by Adecoy95
wont that trivialize the new expansion content to be boosted instantly to level 70 like that?

It's not an instant boost. Without the expansion, a level 60 character under paragon 2.0 will earn paragon experience since he/she's playing at maximum level. Once the expansion is installed and the level 70 cap opened, paragon leveling freezes until the level 60 levels to 70, at which time he/she is once again maximum level, and paragon experience accumulation resumes.
Reply Quote
That would be good if true, Goldilocks, since the wording of the explanation leaves room for ambiguity on that point. Ah, English, how I love thee, the back-alley mugger of languages. :)
Reply Quote
09/23/2013 04:04 PMPosted by Adecoy95

pretty crappy wording, but what he meant was...

Once you activate the expansion, you cannot gain paragon xp until you are max lvl again.
Then once you hit 70, you can continue to accumulate xp towards a higher paragon lvl
Reply Quote
09/23/2013 05:43 PMPosted by MVP

pretty crappy wording, but what he meant was...

Once you activate the expansion, you cannot gain paragon xp until you are max lvl again.
Then once you hit 70, you can continue to accumulate xp towards a higher paragon lvl

What that phrase not clear enough I will try to make it even clearer. When you buy the expansion and you have a level 60 paragon let's say your paragon level 60. Now with the expansion enabled you stop earning paragon experience because you are not at the level cap. Experience you earn now takes you down the road. First to level 61, then 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70. When you ding 70 your experience earned goes toward climbing to paragon level 61. Now is that better.
Reply Quote
09/23/2013 03:51 PMPosted by Travis Day

In the meantime, will my character level 60 benefit from the paragon bonus?

And if I create a new character, will he benefit from the paragon bonus from the beginning or only when he will be level 70?
Reply Quote
It does not feel right that we cannot place our paragon points in whichever category we please at any level. If I want to put 200 points in the "Utility" category before I put any points in something else I should be able to, Otherwise what's the point? why doesn't Blizzard just put my points in for me? ie: a script comes up and says "You can now place one point in utility category or 1 point into your Main state". zzz

From what I understand at P1 I am only given the option to put my 1 point into say "Defense" while the other category's remain locked (aside from the main state category), P2 I can put a point into say "Utility" but not another point into "defense" if I wanted to.

I feel as if this takes the freedom out of the system. In D2 if I was a level 5 Necro I could put all my points into vit or stam or anything I wanted at any point. If Blizz restricts my choice to put my first 5 points of Paragon stats into the same category then for me it pretty much ruins the entire idea of being able to "choose" where I want my points to go. Most Hardcore characters concentrate heavily into defense; If I feel my lvl 25 Paragon character is getting beat up then I want to put 20 of those points into defense if I want to.

Anyone else feel the same way?
Edited by MEDIC#1153 on 9/24/2013 1:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@MEDIC - Other then the fact the original question for this thread relates to Paragon experience, your post has nothing to do with this thread at all. There are several other threads however that do relate to your concerns, and I suggest taking it there.
Reply Quote
09/24/2013 01:37 PMPosted by Kaede
@MEDIC - Other then the fact the original question for this thread relates to Paragon experience, your post has nothing to do with this thread at all. There are several other threads however that do relate to your concerns, and I suggest taking it there.

Sorry I was linked here from a post on Diablofans.com about my topic.
Reply Quote
I read that Paragon will be account based meaning you're only going to be leveling up one paragon no matter which character you play as (assuming they're max level). Since all the paragon experience we gain now will count towards Paragon 2.0 it seems wise to move on to another character once we reach paragon 100 with one. That way we're still gaining paragon experience that will ultimately go onto Paragon2.0. If any of that makes sense.

So basically when you reach paragon 100 with one character, move on to another and another so you have the most possible paragon experience when its converted to paragon 2.0.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]