Diablo® III

They remove AH so ppl will buy expo then re-add after

(Locked)

Yep Blizzard knows people will not buy their expansion based on how terrible D3 was overall. So they decide to hype it up with removing the AH before the release of RoS so that people will think well they are removing the AH maybe ill give it another shot. So they cash out on bigger sales for the expansion then they re-add the auction house about a month later once people have bought the game
you sound ridiculous
Looks like we got another Nostradamus here.
I really hope you're right.

If enough player demand is created for the AH then Blizzard will listen to the masses. Though it's pretty clear that at least 80% of players want the AH gone right now so I don't see things changing.

Edit: Question for OP?
Since Blizzard is only out for $$$. Why didn't they wait until after the holidays and the PS4 Diablo 3 launch to announce the AH shutdown? Surely baiting everyone to buy that version as well would have been a huge financial boon. Why announce this before the holiday console rush is over?
Edited by babinro#1836 on 9/23/2013 1:49 PM PDT
Dude if they did that....they would loose on so must trust from their fans.
09/23/2013 01:50 PMPosted by HeavyDuty

AND they haven't from the pvp bullsh-t.......how about the build nerfing exploits, that were in game, how about there stance on multi-boxing, yeah if you think this is the first letdown, you must be noob!
Re-adding the AH would be the worst and dumbest move Blizzard has ever done in HISTORY.

1. Even without the removal of the AH, a ton of people were excited about RoS and ready to put a ton of cash into the RMAH at release.

They would make so much more money with the RMAH if they kept it at release of RoS rather than adding it later again.

2. Also, they'd really lose all of the respect from their fans.

At the end of the day, the respect of players for Blizzard and Diablo 3 means more money for them than the RMAH.

Removing the AH is a win-win situation for Blizzard and Players.
They make a better game, and more people will buy the expansion, and the players will be happier with the game.
Edited by TomCii#2893 on 9/23/2013 2:12 PM PDT
09/23/2013 02:04 PMPosted by rufusjwb

AND they haven't from the pvp bullsh-t.......how about the build nerfing exploits, that were in game, how about there stance on multi-boxing, yeah if you think this is the first letdown, you must be noob!

PvP is still being worked on.

Build nerfing exploits ... I have no idea what this means.

Stance on Multi-boxing, no clue what is wrong with it. They have allowed it since the beginning of WoW and it really doesn't change the game at all.
You sound like my FB gamer group, most of them saying the same thing.
My argument against it is : This is the first time blizzard came out in a video and said something definite. Not "we have no plans to change x in the near future" or " we are consider the idea of x".
09/23/2013 02:17 PMPosted by DragonFlyy

PvP is still being worked on.

Build nerfing exploits ... I have no idea what this means.

Stance on Multi-boxing, no clue what is wrong with it. They have allowed it since the beginning of WoW and it really doesn't change the game at all.

Really you think wow features are suppose to be ok in a diablo series, that's ignorant, and exploit was some like this one, gold stacking on goldskin, where players were able to make 5 mill a hour or more, how about wd zero dogs exploding and gaining exp from it, the exploits all have been there, and to top it off you say pvp is being worked on, yeah you can't tell me that wasn't a letdown at all, we seen the videos, we all saw the promotional stuff about it pre-release, and yet after this long it isn't a letdown. yeah, don't tell me that didn't impact anybody playing, exploits, hurt everyone, unfair advatages hurt everyone, and not delivering a finished product didn't let down anyone! There is so much more that happened, yet most people choose to ignore the fact these problems plague'd the game from day 1!

Im not pro or against the ah, and really I could careless, it simplified my evening, not having to chase down items, like crafting materials or gems, to make stuff, I can live without it, I liked selling gear, that I did have fun, 3 weeks after release I sold a nats ring, and yes it dropped act 4 from a jar, before that was nerfed, for 300 mill, 3 weeks there was a person that had that much gold already, and you can't say they were all ready buying on the rmah gold that fast either, you are blind if you don't see the exploits were there from day 1, I've said this before, the only people that actually play the game from day to day, are the only ones getting a slap in the face, all the quitters left came back and left again, never had to deal with the stuff real players deal with on a daily basis.
Community Manager
While I can respect a good conspiracy when I see one, I'm going to shut this one down. We have no plans to add either the gold or real-money auction house back into the game after they are removed.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]