Diablo® III

Spectral Blade--why does it work so well?

View profile
This is a mystery that's been scratching the back of my head for a while. I seem to kill things much faster with Spectral Blade than I would expect from the description. For example, it kills things with fewer hits than Arcane Orb, even though Arcane Orb is suppoed to do more damage per hit as far as I can tell.

Is there something I'm missing about how to understand the descriptions of these skills?
Reply Quote
I noticed that too. The only drawback is having to get in close. I don't know about others but when I slot Thrown Blade in it doesn't seem to work. It's like I still have to get in their faces to damage them.
Reply Quote
It's because you hit each enemy multiple times every time you cast it. Until you get a lot of crit and APOC it's better for proc'ing CM than WW is so you can use your other cooldown abilities more often.

Once you have the gear to spam WW nonstop, WW just blows Spectral Blades away for melee wiz though.
Reply Quote
View profile
Sorry, WW? To me that means "whirlwind" FSR I'm not making the wizard connection....
Reply Quote
View profile
Ah wicked wind got it.
Reply Quote
Because your cast can damage three times (three cuts), that's why, so on multiple mobs in range, it's more damage than the tooltip leads us to think.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]