Diablo® III

Expansion tidbits & defensive / slower pace of game

RD is a challenge , I love it, it make the game exciting so i don't want to remove it and make the LS useless. Blizz, you should development a good ideal, not a stupid ideal..Tks
Edited by DevilHunter#6873 on 10/12/2013 3:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
RD a challenge? (i skip the bahahahaha), my barb is happy when he sees reflects, and its a 3m equipment barb.
Reply Quote
10/12/2013 05:54 PMPosted by dusk
RD a challenge? (i skip the bahahahaha), my barb is happy when he sees reflects, and its a 3m equipment barb.
No !@#$ RD is easy when you have low dps and LoH or LS.
Reply Quote
its also easy with high dps if its not a cheap glass cannon.
Reply Quote
RD is ridiculous with barb, sure. passive skill, belt and high AR/Armor & dmg reduce... seek for the most important of these...

but RD without LS is a killer
Reply Quote
Why are we always talking about making this a slower paced game?

Why are we fiddle!@#$ing around when D2 was amazeballs for over a decade?

Increase mob density. Increase drop rates on loot. Add a lobby so people can trade their stuff.

Quite frankly, I don't see how you can lessen healing options or why you would even want to. Most of your player base is terrible. I rarely get into a public game that I don't have to carry the other 3 jackhats on my back. First trip to the NPC to sell and they're all getting wiped out and rage quitting.

Tactics? Read above. I slop through any pack, any affix, any MP with frightening alacrity. The only tactics I tend to see in public games is a lot of running away and dying. An arcane sentry pops and I'm the only one left in the middle of it. I can't seem to wrap my mind around how taking away healing options helps these poor souls be more "tactical".

Look, I've had an irrational love for the diablo franchise from dying townsman to the pinnacle spire. Something like 17 years of blissful demon slaying. I'm going to dominate this game regardless of any changes you make and you won't see me wasting time on the forums crying about them, or on the forums much at all for that matter. All I'm trying to say here is that you touted this game having options and now we're discussing removing them from people that, judging by some of the gear I see, have precious few options for not getting face rolled every 5 minutes as it is.

Take it for whatever it might be worth. Or don't. I'll be in-game.
Reply Quote

Increase mob density. Increase drop rates on loot. Add a lobby so people can trade their stuff.

Quite frankly, I don't see how you can lessen healing options or why you would even want to. Most of your player base is terrible. I rarely get into a public game that I don't have to carry the other 3 jackhats on my back. First trip to the NPC to sell and they're all getting wiped out and rage quitting.

Tactics? Read above. I slop through any pack, any affix, any MP with frightening alacrity. The only tactics I tend to see in public games is a lot of running away and dying. An arcane sentry pops and I'm the only one left in the middle of it. I can't seem to wrap my mind around how taking away healing options helps these poor souls be more "tactical".

Look, I've had an irrational love for the diablo franchise from dying townsman to the pinnacle spire. Something like 17 years of blissful demon slaying. I'm going to dominate this game regardless of any changes you make and you won't see me wasting time on the forums crying about them, or on the forums much at all for that matter. All I'm trying to say here is that you touted this game having options and now we're discussing removing them from people that, judging by some of the gear I see, have precious few options for not getting face rolled every 5 minutes as it is.

+1

Why? Face-rolling the game and forums is worthy of recognition. The post would only have been better with quotes taken from Kanye's newest album.
Reply Quote
My opinion.

Nerf or take away altogether the CHD, it's a 'must have' right now, that is probably going to go back with the Proc's being changed, but i think that crit chancew and crit damage is the biggest game breaking mechanic. you can't do end game without crit. and you should be able to.

Life on Hit or % on hit, possibly could stay the same but they need to buff Life per Second and Health Globes to make them more relevant. There is just no substitute for Life on Hit.

Jailer, Frozen etc, all of the affixes need to be changed in many ways, i like some of these ideas but the main thing for me is that you can even be jailed and Frozen, arcane orbs are too much with that. So the set up now with whatever defensive and offensive affixes that they have a broken.

Please look at Monsters Affixes too. Affixes like Vortex, Nightmarish, Reflect damage and Jailer. They are really bad.

Vortex: I can't really see what this is good for. I mean you can't run away from it and as far as I know, no gear can help against it, except better EHP. So you don't get kill by the monster when it make you teleport to them.

Nightmarish: This one is one of the Affixes that I hate the most, because you don't have any control over it. You got hit by monster then, you randomly run around for a few sec.

Reflect damage: I can't understand why It hurt me if I hit the monster. Honestly this Affixes should just been remove.

Jailer: You don't have any chance to run away. It should be like Diablo Affix. A few skeleton jails show up from the ground and if you run fast enough away from it, then you'll be safe.

Remarke the Affixes so we can have a chance against it and not this "unfair" Affixes.

YES!

Please change these to be more skill based.

I'll reiterate my suggestion again here.

Jailer - Make it work like Bone Prison where you have to stand still in order to get jailed.

Reflects Damage - Either just nerf the hell out of it or remove it. This Affix does not belong.

Vortex - A Black Hole forms over your character over X second/s. If you are within the vortex area you will be sucked in.

Nightmarish - The enemy casts a skull / cloud / whatever at your location that rises / falls over X second/s. If the skull / cloud / whatever touches you then you are feared.

So long as these skill-less affixes remain as is, things like Mortar, Molten, Desecrator, Fire Chains, Plagued, Arcane Enchanted, and Frozen will remain frustrating and become instant one shotters.

I have no problems at all dancing Arcane Beams, moving around walls, dodging mortars, or whatever. I just hate these affixes.
Reply Quote
Hi@all,
when i read such announcements/thoughts from Dev´s, i am getting the feeling that somehow, somewhere on the long way of developing D3 and "tuning" it etc., they seem to forget more and more the concept of D3...

D3 is meant to be a "Hack´n Slay" game where people grind monsters for better Loot, isn´t it?! Grinding for better gear the whole day long, killing as many monsters as you can! Who want´s to play such a game with a huge "tactical" component?! I don´t want that at all^^

I want to be able to jump right into huge crowds of monsters, then use mighty skills and blow them away in seconds for Epic Loot (if my gear fits the choosen MP-Level^^)! And then instantly run to the next crowd! I don´t wanna carefully circle around monsters and try to avoid getting hit, or even become forced to stand still and wait in a "safe corner" for my HP/Resource to refresh!

When i am getting low on health, i wanna have exactly 2 options to choose from:
Do i risk to die during the attempt to leech me back to full life, by "tactically" attacking just a small group of monsters (for just a couple of seconds!), before jumping into the next huge crowd to blow them away? Or do i have to confess that i get constantly One-Shot, so my gear is simply too bad for the choosen MP and so i need to lower the MP-Level to have fun again? These are enough "tactical decisions" to make in such a game, in my opinion!

Don´t get me wrong, because i don´t want the game to become more easier to play as it is already! Elite affixes like DR, Mortar, Cutter, Waller and ground-effects should remain fairly "untouched", so that they still remain a good reason to watch out for them and try to avoid them during Elite fights. That´s enough "challenge" for a H&S game. Maybe... how about just lowering the amount of LL received, when standing in puddles of poison or trails of fire, so LL won´t let you stay in there without painful consequences? That would already be enough additional "tactical motivation", to watch out for it more thoroughly, imho.

In short words: "Try to avoid getting hit and play tactical, even when just facing normal monsters no matter how much DPS and LL you have, or you will die!" in a Hack´n Slay/Grinding game... simply sounds ridiculous, or not?! Paying higher attention when fighting elite packs is ok, but "Trashmobs" should remain "harmless", as they are now. There are plenty of 1st Person Shooters and other games out there, where people can play "tactical", so no need to have this implemented in D3^^

And btw... don´t nerf the Barbarian!^^ That´s definately the wrong way to go in D3! Better buff the other classes, so they can deliver the same "grinding satisfaction" like the Barb does! Because Barb is the only class that lets you play D3 the way it´s meant to be played. Jump right into the action, kill everything in seconds with mighty skills and leech the hell of HP out of them while they hit you over and over, just for gaining even more resources to blow them away! And then head out quickly for the next crowd, to keep your Berserker and your killing streak up and running... so you never need to stand still to regenerate resources and so you will never become bored, or even feel throttled just by the kind of class you´ve choosen to play! That should be the goal for the Dev´s, when they think about reworking the skills for the other classes in the game...

Best regards
Samtron
Reply Quote
Possible way how to not scratch LS completely

I don't know if this was discussed before or already suggested, but how about leaving the LS mechanic as it is and only remove Life Steal from crit procs?

I believe this is well within the scope of change Wyatt was talking about. I haven't done number crunching yet, but the sole removal of CC/CD calculation from LS must amount to huge portion of incoming HP's, therefore bringing it down to other life management mechanics level. If anyone has the precise numbers and likes the idea, please feel free to reply with calculation done.

If you like the idea of LS staying in-game, please like it and try to get it to blue's attention

Main reasons:
  • mechanic stays, while not interfering with the change-of-combat-pace design pivot
  • other HP pool management skills will be still viable - LPS, LOH, LPRS...
  • erases the need for trifecta builds and removes LS as a defensive stat
  • slower 1h/2h builds with higher DMG/main stat, not DPS, generally less emphasis on CC/CD
  • easily fine-tuned with diminishing returns percentage above lvl 60
  • Edited by Okomrd#1344 on 10/31/2013 8:48 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    u cant use tactical combat on closed spaces , where u have fast minions with horde , that are running everywhere ....

im lucky if i manage to hit them with my barb , not to mention the other cc affixes they may have .

why not lower the life steal affix ? since 500k dps is already achieved atm , im guessing the new dps will be close to 1m .

so , why not make the life steal of 0.02% , or something simmilar ???

i jsut cant imagine there is that much room for tactical combat . what if i want to play solo ?

and again , how can u make up for 50k hp while in combat with packs ( had up to 3elites packs on me in hc ) , with loh only ??? !!!! ?????!?!?!??!?!?!?

I can do no prob with LOH so far with WW barb build ;p
    Reply Quote
    So, Wyat, mind explaining why every elite monster in D3 is spellcaster with instant cast spells,all of them AoE and CC? How is that better solution from having melee,ranged ans spellcaster elite types with appropriate abilities?Is that intentional or you were simply rushed and just slapped same abilities on every elite?
    Narrow corridors+ instant cast aoe and unavoidable CC= you will die if you try to challenge yourself and play on difficulty that is not below your gear level.Only way to make this game more tactical is to change layout of certain maps and to change elite abilities into something that actually makes sense, that does not feel like cheap shotting.

LMAO! yeah like a blue pack of jailor, frozen, arcane, desecrate monsters in a hallway. i mean yeah some packs are sposed to be harder than others but why elites can be harder than the boss demons that are commanders in the army of hell and or ubers has, is and always will be beyond me. throw in the damn rubberbanding issues that can come up and there is no better example of cheap shot potential. nothin like tele-lagging into 457150250571094180595710 ice bombs about to go off as 189052014 arcane beams criss-cross the same 5square feet of space and 1084 desecrates are cast literally underneath your corpse's feet (as if your not dead enough). so i exagerated a bit :P point made still i think.
    along those lines please make the RoS end boss challenging enough to qualify as endgame nothing sadder than getting ready to fight what you hope will be a worthy opponent only to see that said opponent is pathetically unprepared to fight you especially when the few attacks they have are so easy to see coming and avoid that hellen keller herself would giggle in undaunted very-slightly-amused annoyance. azmodans balls of fail i mean fire for instance
    Reply Quote
    You nerf life steal and other life gaining items yet you place cool downs on potion?? During the early days of D3 most characters focus on defense then they nerfed the skills which focuses on defense but also nerfed the damage of monsters.

Now, here again nerf the life gaining abilities of characters. Then after regearing, they will again make nerfs here and there then force characters to regear again. Is that the gameplay that they want? never ending regearing due to nerfs?

Then what's the point of picking a build and gearing for it when blizz is just going to nerf that build then force you to pick another build and regear?
    Reply Quote
    - life regeneration
    - life per kill
    - life on hit
    - health globes
    - life per spirit spent
    - life per fury spent
    - % of max life per hit
    - % of max life per second per enemy hit (new Rend Blood Lust)

all this is the problem.

give us a bottle we can drink from that has some fun stats like regens on kill and over time + when you go to town and the rest is armor dodge resists and the skill of the player

and get rid of those !@#$ing "Life Steal gear check" thorned mobs!
    Reply Quote
    10/13/2013 10:06 AMPosted by Raunchy

lol I had to quote this...
    Love those 15k elite kills. Must be carrying ALL the newbs with that! CONSTANTLY!
    Please tell me your secret!

This post brought you by the letters A and H.
    Reply Quote
    I am sorry what tactical positioning are we talking about here? Have you played Diablo 3 with any kind of monster power or maybe developers are playing another version or something that is drastically different.

The way my D3 currently works is the screen is littered with trash monsters to the point that it is impossible to move. Then you encounter an elite pack ... that has wall/frozen/vortex/horde to spice things up(sometimes all at once). I dare you to try "strategically" position yourself unless you are a barbarian. So yah I am all for skillful play but then you have to rework all of current classes to include the skills needed to be able to actually pull that off and from what is tickling down from beta tester that has not been done. You also have to remember this is Diablo not Dark Souls we are playing here.
    Edited by Proff#2728 on 1/2/2014 2:48 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    This expansion is going to suck

That is all

Goodbye.
    Reply Quote
    I am concerned about how viable close combat characters will be with this nerf. Barbarians and now the Crusader and Monk will all take a lot more damage. Seems to me this will hurt them more than the others. And promote more glass cannons from the Wizard and Demon Hunter classes.
    Reply Quote
    I get what you're saying here and I agree.

Let's take the example of the "mortar dodger" though. You want him to be able to take a few hits, but be rewarded for dodging. While the one who stands in the mortar line of fire should be punished. The most obvious solution that I can see is to increase the amount of damage taken by consecutive mortar shots. This can be applied to all forms of damage.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]