Diablo® III

Controller Support for PC

(Locked)

As the title states, has there been news or announcements for controller support coming to pc?
Blues have confirmed there are no plans to bring controller support to the PC. Likewise, there are not plans to bring mouse+keyboard support to consoles.

The games were built around their respective control schemes and will likely stay that way forever.
if you have a logitech controller you can do it yourself.

make a game profile and map all the important keys to the gamepad

the only annoying part is you have to keep clicking the button you have for left mouse click to move and pay attention where the cursor moves to

i thought you could bind move and left click to the joystick.. but appears I was wrong or havent figure that out yet... that way when you hit left it would move the character left without having to click the left mouse button each time you want to move to the cursor

i could be missing something about limiting how far the mouse cursor can move. cause that would really help in not scrolling all the way in 1 direction with the cursor... right now it's more cursor with left joy stick and stop when the cursor is where I want it to be.. click button to left click and it moves.

it seems seriously flawed that a company like blizzard cant or is unwilling to add gamepad support... what does it take like 5 minutes to come up with a functioning solution to enable gamepad support?

or maybe gamepad support programming is beyond their skillset.. who knows
i thought you could bind move and left click to the joystick.. but appears I was wrong or havent figure that out yet... that way when you hit left it would move the character left without having to click the left mouse button each time you want to move to the cursor

There is a program called D3gamepad, you can get it here: http://www.d3gamepad.de/content.php?lang=eng&content=downs

It's a little complicated to setup, but it works. I found a tutorial about it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-hI_UikPL4
They've confirmed in probably 10 different threads and posts that there will not be controller support. Learn 2 search function.
I hear the game actually plays better on controller :P
Blizzard Employee
09/23/2013 01:28 PMPosted by Prestegist
As the title states, has there been news or announcements for controller support coming to pc?
We don’t have any current plans to support an analog controller hookup for the PC. In a similar vein, since the console version of Diablo III was designed with a controller in mind from the ground up, the console version of Diablo III doesn't support USB mice or keyboards.
Keybind WASD for your 1234 spells, potions on spacebar, left and right mouse buttons obviously where they are, all done,no brainer.
Would love it if Blizz added controller support. Tried out the PS3 demo and really enjoyed it, actually i enjoyed it so much that i cant take anymore of this f*cking mouseclicking.

probably have to get this game for PS4 later on.
Why is that? Im sure a lot of gamers would prefer to have a controller over keyboard and mouse for different situations. I dont own a console otherwise id have D3 on that. Is it really so hard for you guys to do it? I understand controllers go to consoles and keyboard and mouse to pc but all in all its a game and gamers want to play the way they want to right? Just my views, i feel like id play a lot of D3 if i had a controller. Thanks for all the feedback though guys. I really appreciate it.
09/23/2013 05:41 PMPosted by Prestegist
Why is that?

Because PC culture doesn't involve a lot of intelligence ie. "this is how the game is designed!" "controllers are for consoles!" "yuck! why would you want a controller!?"

Blizzard and co. forget the fact that people have injuries, disabilities, and just plain old preferences that would draw them to an alternate control method. The whole point of PC is flexibility, or it used to be anyway, now it's just anal elitism by people with (I'm guessing) fat nipples and an intolerance to gamepads.
We don’t have any current plans to support an analog controller hookup for the PC. In a similar vein, since the console version of Diablo III was designed with a controller in mind from the ground up, the console version of Diablo III doesn't support USB mice or keyboards.

Perhaps... You could patch up console UI to the PC version and when someone hooks up the controller they go into options and select "analog controller UI" or something written more intuitive for the option. Once that option is chosen whole UI gets replaced by the console version UI. No need for additional work and invention to make it work on PC.
All it takes is a day at long shot to incorporate this into the PC versions code and another day to fully test it. This way it won't ruin the keyboard and mice controls and everything will be clean and tidy. You got controller and want to play with it? It simply swaps the PC UI with console UI and everything is ready! :)
PS:
I personally don't like controllers and would not use it to play D3 but as we can see there are people who enjoy playing with controller more. If your goal is to satisfy your customers and make them happy i'm sure you can make this work in less than 10 days since you already have everything you need for playing D3 with controller.
You make this happen and people will be more satisfied. No need to spend money on developing it since it's already been done and people will become happy! It's a win=win situation right? :)
Edited by Marclar#2736 on 9/23/2013 6:38 PM PDT
09/23/2013 02:38 PMPosted by Vaeflare

From the "ground up" Thats adorable. You make it seem like it would take any half competent lone programmer more than 60 min to implement this as an in-game option. Their are already work-arounds. What a cop-out and a complete over-dramatization of why lack of a good feature exists. Just say there are no plans to implement it and be done with it.
Diablo is a PC franchise. OP have some pride and use a KB and mouse.
10/07/2013 11:17 AMPosted by Ghstbr
I am completely mortified and embarrassed to call some of you people gamers. You make everybody with similar hobbies just look bad and not to mention YOU look very stupid. I suspect I will be met with vehemence and tantrums after I post this but its worth it.

The PC version in its current state is truly an insult to customers. Rubber-banding, AH-centered game mechanics, an excuse for PVP.... And now lacking controller support because "it's so hard to do".

You need to learn that you don't have to take it from any company to be treated like a second rate customer.
Because speaking up is what grown ups do, which you clearly are not.

The PC version in its current state is truly an insult to customers. Rubber-banding, AH-centered game mechanics, an excuse for PVP....

And here I thought a 700ms ping was working as intended since any dev team with half a brain and even a small set of !@#$%^-*s would sack up and fix something like that immediately.... for the players... right?
09/23/2013 02:38 PMPosted by Vaeflare

then change your plans
Yeah i dont see why anyone would want to play D3 with a controler, the keyboard and mouse give you so much more control and mobility.Then again i guess some people are actually ALOT better with a controller then me and can use it better. I just prefer the mouse, its like for FPS games...... controller? F THAT. Definately a mouse and keyboard.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]