Diablo® III

Resolution for Covetous Shen?

Diablo 3 left quite a few storylines without resolution, but in particuarly, Covetous Shen's search for Dirgest's gem goes unfulfilled. Will we get some sort of resolution for Shen in RoS? I think there may be some follower stories out there that need wrapping up as well, but I think it's already been mentioned that it's coming.

No details, please, just confirmation would be nice. I'd love to see a short quest chain in RoS that has us seek out Dirgest's gem for Shen.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
There are definitely plans to dig deeper into the mysteries of not just Covetous Shen, but the other artisans and followers as well. You've had the chance to get to know these characters and their backstories in the context of Diablo III, and Reaper of Souls will give you the opportunity to advance their tales even further. What exactly will come of Dirgest’s gem, though? Well, you’ll just have to wait and see.

09/24/2013 10:48 AMPosted by SuperRob
No details, please

Wish granted. ;)
Reply Quote
Now that the blacksmith killed his wife and his apprentice is dead he has been kind of lonely. Maybe he can get over his loneliness once he sees the voluptuous new Mystic. Shen provides a Diamond (hint hint blizz) so he can propose. The Mystic Transmogrifies a lump of coal to look like the Dirgest's gem. Once Shen gets it he turns into a Golum like creature petting his precious.

And they all lived happily ever after.

The End (_I_)
Reply Quote
There are definitely plans to dig deeper into the mysteries of not just Covetous Shen, but the other artisans and followers as well. You've had the chance to get to know these characters and their backstories in the context of Diablo III, and Reaper of Souls will give you the opportunity to advance their tales even further. What exactly will come of Dirgest’s gem, though? Well, you’ll just have to wait and see.

No details, please

Wish granted. ;)

As longs as it's(dirgest's gem) socketable I could care less what you do with the story! Just kidding, although a socketable legendary gem would be pretty cool.
Reply Quote
No details, please

Wish granted. ;)

Great thanks SuperRob.
Reply Quote
No details, please

Wish granted. ;)

Great thanks SuperRob.

Somehow I think this particular genie doesn't have the power to reveal any more then that anyway.
Reply Quote
Omg Can Blizzard please stop putting so much effort into this "lore" and stories of characters and concentrate on making a good game by fixing skills and affixes?!
Reply Quote
09/24/2013 05:13 PMPosted by Snoofo
Omg Can Blizzard please stop putting so much effort into this "lore" and stories of characters and concentrate on making a good game by fixing skills and affixes?!
Lore isn't done by devs, it's done by writers not coders.

Also lore lovers are a large % of the gaming community. The blizzard gaming community is almost exclusively in high demand for lore..
Reply Quote
Lore isn't done by devs, it's done by writers not coders. Also lore lovers are a large % of the gaming community. The blizzard gaming community is almost exclusively in high demand for lore..

Well, the in-game lore and story for Acts I-IV was garbage...

[Edit] Actually, I'll rephrase that and state that the in-game presentation was garbage. Acts I-IV need to be reworked.
Edited by Robert#1622 on 9/25/2013 1:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Please make this gem locked in Horadric Cube, so we can open it and use it afterwards :)
Reply Quote
That gem could be more than you think.
Reply Quote
I have always suspected Dirgests Gem was hiding out as the chat gem from the D2 lobby. Click click click.
Reply Quote
73 Gnome Death Knight
The different followers have triggered lines of dialog for certain situations; I'd love to see contextual events, too: if XXXX follower is with you when you enter YYYY location, then ZZZZ story event occurs.

Perhaps at some point "the rest of the Thieves Guild wi'll fi'nd you." =P
Reply Quote
Perhaps at some point "the rest of the Thieves Guild wi'll fi'nd you." =P
Ya i was waiting for that for a long time..
Reply Quote
What about Lyndon returning to Westmarch? Isn't her still a wanted criminal there?
Reply Quote
I hope they dive deeper into the mysteries of pvp. I hear its a great way to keep a player base.
Reply Quote
The gem he is looking for, is likely purposefully left open, as in, it may play a huge role in the upcoming game.
Reply Quote
10/11/2013 09:25 AMPosted by Lailoken
What about Lyndon returning to Westmarch? Isn't her still a wanted criminal there?

When you are a companion and help the savior of mankind destroy, even temporarily, the prime evil, I am sure stealing some bread can easily be let go.
Reply Quote
73 Gnome Death Knight
In one of the conversations with Lyndon, your character promises to go back with him to set things to right. He's taken aback and expresses gratitude... but so far I haven't had the option to go help him gain closure. :v
Reply Quote
10/14/2013 11:12 AMPosted by Scootaloo
In one of the conversations with Lyndon, your character promises to go back with him to set things to right. He's taken aback and expresses gratitude... but so far I haven't had the option to go help him gain closure. :v

Lyndon is really the only one who gets close to you as a player, at the end he tells you you are family to him and he will follow you anywhere, in a nut shell
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]