Diablo® III

Safe Resistance for MP10 Uber Soloing?

(I totally derped and posted this in the EU forums by accident. Sigh)

Hey all, just a quick question really.

I have enough to purchase myself a better Natalya ring since I'll be getting a nice heap of gold in the next coming weeks, and it's pretty much a Atk. Speed/CC/CD ring, but I risk bringing my resists all the way down to 517 (This is simmed at Paragon100 on d3up http://d3up.com/b/1078966#gear).

What would be a ballpark estimate of all resistance to be at to solo Ubers on MP10? All of the other stats I believe I have in the bucket (55k HP, Tons of life steal, 5k+ Armor, 200k unbuffed if I get that ring, etc).

Just something I'm curious about, or if anyone can provide any insight on what I could do if the resist is too low with the ring equipped.
Reply Quote
View profile
i do it with 522 all res
Reply Quote
Depends on your builds and other stats.
Reply Quote
Not sure if you'll be able to see this, but I'll try:

http://d3up.com/b/1078966#gear

Current build and stats are all there.
Reply Quote
what's the prefer build for uber solo? is it still nirvana?
Reply Quote
Y go solo when u can be a boss and carry 3 others. Stack LS and vitnamese as well
Reply Quote
09/23/2013 05:09 PMPosted by KimSulki84
Depends on your builds and other stats.

It is true!
Reply Quote
Stun Bells. Drop OWE for Exalted Soul like a boss.
Reply Quote
Cookie/duo/palms here. I got 530.
Reply Quote
The answer is that it's possible to do them with lower resists, you just have to be extra careful about the huge damage spike attacks (anything ZK/SB do, Rakanoth's teleport move, butterflies, etc.), as they can kill you almost instantly if you're not at 100% health. Also be ready to kite Ghom if you're lifesteal isn't enough to negate his gas attack.

I've killed MP10 SK/Magda and Ghom/Rakanoth many times without ever having more than 600 AR, and I've had ZK dead and SB down to about 5% with 559 AR, (here's the gear build I used for that attempt http://d3up.com/b/1064197). I suspect they'll be a real challenge for you, but I'd also suspect they'd be a real challenge even with 600 AR.

what's the prefer build for uber solo? is it still nirvana?

I was under the impression that Nirvana does not play well with the uber fights, especially ZK/SB where there are no adds to utilize for infused with light. Both bells and tri-gen work fine for the other two duos. They work fine with ZK/SB too if you've got pretty good gear (KimSulki has videos showing kills with all sorts of fun specs), but the OP's gear might require a more specialized set-up. Earth Ally can be a huge help for this fight, as can SSS-pandemonium, dashing strike, serenity, or stun bells if you've got the mana regen to keep ZK locked down nearly constantly. No spec is going to make the fight ez mode if you're undergeared for it, but many have reported one or more of those skills got them over the hump.
Edited by overg#1771 on 9/24/2013 4:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Why not save higher defense items for ubers and swap them in as needed? I'd say get the ring and save the one you have just in case.

I run with 934 AR, 3% LS, Resolve, Earth Ally, and Mantra of Healing - Time of Need (gets me to 1120 AR), quickening/stun bell and I can normally carry 3 others who are under-geared in MP10 without more than 1-2 deaths per fight from those being carried.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]