Diablo® III

For the Barbs : Skorn is better than dual wield

brawlers ftw. :)
Reply Quote
12B gold that you earned...with less than 1 million kills.

Guess he meant gold that he earned from using his Credit Card........
Reply Quote
View profile
09/24/2013 05:19 AMPosted by Herppderpp
Yes, I am going to take advice from this scrub. I have been on my barb since day one. Before mp levels were introduced. Been playing back when barbs were the worst class in the game, and DH/Wizards had to carry barbs.

Dude, get up on the wrong side of the bed? Calm down buddy. I assumed he was referring to the OP, why would you think he meant you?
Edited by GenghisKhan#1476 on 9/24/2013 7:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
YOU ALL ARE BAD CREDIT CARDS AUCTION HOUSE SELF FOUND UNDERPOWERED OVERPOWERED DEMON HUNTER RUBBER BAND A THOUSAND A MILLION A BILLION A TRILLION

TWO SKORNS IN ONE HAND

-tgc
Reply Quote
09/24/2013 06:43 AMPosted by Tekneekz
^^ That's a joke right?

I'd either get that missing attack speed on you gloves to hit 3.33 or do a gear overhaul starting with IK belt+brawler=>Crafted gloves and Rare pants/diggers and MS IC.
Reply Quote

TWO SKORNS IN ONE HAND

-tgc

that sounds like fun, thanks for the idea tgc
Reply Quote
09/24/2013 03:14 AMPosted by comerain
if you can get 1.8AS then skorn is better than buying 2 1 handed weapon with each of them have same price as the skorn.

the problem is, that to get it with a skorn, you are missing on a lot of things, mainly survivability, and I have been once at the point whre I had around 1.91AS with a Skorn. Then simply switching to DW it skyrocket to more then 5 ... the bonus you get from the weapons, dual wield and of course the echoying fury ... is simply stagering, when you compare it to Twohandweapons and Shields ... but the worst part from all is. A skorn can not roll all stats. For example, if youre looking for a Skorn with LL, you will be missing attack speed. You have to make a sacrifice with DW weapons as well. But you have A LOT more freedom here in the choice of stats, going for more AR, Armor, main stat, life etc. on other items simply because you dont have to stack IAS like a madman on every item slot.

A lot of people start using Skorns, because its rather cheap, and killing trash on MP10 doesnt require that much, 100m in the past, compared to the billions it required to play everything efficiently. But at the end of the day, a Skorn limits you a lot in your choices. Particularly as far as skills goes, something that you realize in a very pinafull way when playing with groups. Because particuarly if the group is "good" you will be craving for getting resources.

The game is still suffering from the fact, that twohand weapons have been the biggest garbage Blizzard ever designed for D3. I mean, in the begining they didnt even rolled higher stats compared to one hand weapons ...
Edited by CrniVuk#2227 on 9/24/2013 7:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
For farming a1 fields etc I use a 1500 dps no ias high cd skorn. With barely any ias so all my dmg is for rend. I understand my ww suffers from this but my main goal is just rend dmg and man does it do dmg.

build I use is

opks
rend ravage
ww hurricane
sprint rltw
hota
br into the fray

passive brawler
weapon master
ruthless

im at 300k unbuffed and 1.3aps and I melt trash like no other I dont rly bother with yellow elites since vs 1 target this build blows. Only have 3% ls on belt and no fury generator but I have absolutely no issues maintaining wotb and barely every die

if im doing elite farming or ubers dual wield is def the way to go through you cant compare. I switch out to a cd ls os axe and an ias os echoing fury toss on a witching hour and a cold -5 hota soj. Im at 250k unbuffed and absolutely roll through elites and ubers.

edit: forgot to mention I change rend to hota smash for dual wield
Edited by Diabolicman#1965 on 9/24/2013 12:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
YOU ALL ARE BAD CREDIT CARDS AUCTION HOUSE SELF FOUND UNDERPOWERED OVERPOWERED DEMON HUNTER RUBBER BAND A THOUSAND A MILLION A BILLION A TRILLION

TWO SKORNS IN ONE HAND

-tgc

I'm silverfire and I approve this message.
Reply Quote
I would love to holda Skorn in one hand and a Grandfather/IK hammer in the other.

That would be awesome. I would even accept the fact that you do less damage. And that it would be a passive. But it would be awesome.

Sadly, we proabaly will not get it. It would be to much fun.
Reply Quote
i'll stick with my warmonger while maintaining decent dps, it's enough to keep me entertained on mp10. love me warmonger...

the awesomeness is unparalleled.
Reply Quote
Well I have both a LS skorn and set of DW weapons. Both are lots of fun and I change them depending on what Im doing. Generally I find the Skorn is best for killing Ubers and DW for DE farming.

Cheers
CC123
Reply Quote

TWO SKORNS IN ONE HAND

-tgc

Time to copy and paste...
Reply Quote
12B gold that you earned...with less than 1 million kills.

Guess he meant gold that he earned from using his Credit Card........

Depends how much he played the AH thats how most people made their gold if they had alot. All you really had to do was get up to 2bil then from there camp the AH for a GFG snipe....6/9 Mempos were good ones to camp for use to be able to sell for 4-10bil depening on how they rolled.
Reply Quote
I made most of my Gold through the Brimstone spike, also I can't quite remember, but I'm pretty sure Nothing cost over 1.5B. 12B was a lie, I went back and looked through Ah records and only 8B was spent :)
Reply Quote
Even though I like to see big crit numbers on screen, I really dislike the slow attack speed. Besides, spinning with a parking meter is not appealing to me.
Reply Quote
i'll stick with my warmonger while maintaining decent dps, it's enough to keep me entertained on mp10. love me warmonger...

the awesomeness is unparalleled.

I love my 2h sword too!
(my sword may be with Barb's enchantress.)
however
1. the dmg of 2h sword is far behind from skorn..... Bliz should do sth about this...
2. Weapon Master passive is not giving you any extra Crit chance. So you have less cc then a skorn. it gives 15% dmg instead. with only 15%, it may be better just drop WM and use Berserker Rage or Brawler instead.
3. Since lacking CC, it's better to have a WW soj for extra CC...for WW 2h sword build.
Reply Quote
Hopefully in the expansion we can argue about more weapons possibilities. If your play style benefits skorn more use it. If your play style benefits duel weld more use that. Personally I like to use my skorn and 2 hand it up but if blizzard answered my wishes I would use two 2 handed weapons.
Reply Quote
Only use a skorn cause I like to smash things. Never have been a pretty little twirler and dancer, but thats just me.
Reply Quote
Depends on how you're built. If you have enough gold, you can make a DW build that will do better overall damage than a Skorn build because all the 600k crits add up. You're hitting faster, and can do more overall damage.

I just like Skorn because it's the most useful for my buidl. And a good lifesteal Skorn is far from being budget, if you're looking for over 1400 dps with lifesteal..
Edited by MimSiEOD#1720 on 9/24/2013 11:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]