Diablo® III

For the Barbs : Skorn is better than dual wield

i run mp 10 only , i never die, and i use hota as left click, and ww as right click, with permazeker rltw and rend and battle rage into the fray ofcorse, damage output is doubled compared to my dw build, even though i have the same dps on paper with dw or skorn. rend is twice as good with skorn compared to dw, and because i run full IK set my fury is always plentyful and i can hold zerker easy and also my cc is 80% when wotb, dps is around 400k =]

hands down skorn is way better for me. i get through a run twice as quick... =]
Reply Quote
and yes i still got my dw set and i choose to run with the skorn =] , same dps on paper but skorn just smashes mobs and rend melts everything...
Reply Quote
09/24/2013 05:17 AMPosted by Absolution
What a lousy barb.

u just jelly =]
Reply Quote
Respect the shield!
Reply Quote
Depends on how you're built. If you have enough gold, you can make a DW build that will do better overall damage than a Skorn build because all the 600k crits add up. You're hitting faster, and can do more overall damage.

I just like Skorn because it's the most useful for my buidl. And a good lifesteal Skorn is far from being budget, if you're looking for over 1400 dps with lifesteal..

I hear you. Most expensive item that I got :(
Reply Quote
Yeah, mine wasn't cheap either, but I suppose one could call it budget in comparison to a similar Echoing Fury. :D
Reply Quote
Peace out, my berserker thirsty brothers!
Reply Quote
View profile
09/24/2013 03:10 AMPosted by lamadoo
depends how good ur dw is, ive seen some 1.4k dps maces and insane echoes. skorn is 4 budgets

+1

S&B is better.

+1
Reply Quote
09/24/2013 04:45 AMPosted by RagingKoala
whats a shield?

Protects my back from arrows when I'm resurrecting skorn barbs

Well played
Reply Quote
View profile

Here let me add to this, it's what we use to carry your body from the field of battle.

MP10 act 4 run anyone? :P

Respect the shield
Edited by Wannabee808#1418 on 9/26/2013 9:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
09/26/2013 08:58 AMPosted by Wannabee808

Here let me add to this, it's what we use to carry your body from the field of battle.

MP10 act 4 run anyone? :P

Respect the shield

Close but no cigar. They used your shield to carry your body. Shields are cool, I have one.
Reply Quote
I have a decent skorn...my DW barb nukes the hell outta elites. The skorn is too slow IMHO. I can float thru with both DW and a skorn...but I can fall asleep or watch football while I DW...never have a problem with resource regen or life regen.

+1 for DW.
Reply Quote
I like the Skorn, and with enough attack speed it works well for me.
Reply Quote
screw skorn my WW barb is at 3.4(3.8 if a demon) mil tdps soon to be over 4 as soon as a LS mace drops in the AH that I like b/c then I can switch out my passive to berserker's rage (prefer it over brawler b/c I can keep it up on elites when no trash mobs).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/maskoaa-1251/hero/36195306

Anyone have a mace like mine for sale but with LS?
Edited by MASKOAA#1251 on 9/26/2013 3:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I am new to the barb and patch 1.0.8 and I spent roughly 1B gold ($30 dollars) for my entire build w/ Skorn. I have tested all acts on MP10 Inferno, no issues here including w/ groups. I get about 500k DPS w/ buffs and have no problem keeping resources up. I hardly die , life is at 50k w/ 800~ resist and 1.54 APS which is enough for my breaking point. I haven't tried UBERS yet so can't comment on that. So far I enjoy it, and for leveling a barb up in 1.5 days and geared out for $20-30 dollars, just enough to do all of MP10 Inferno, I am a happy camper.
Reply Quote
This topic comes up every few weeks...

Skorn is not better across the board, nor is dw. They both have strengths and weaknesses, and each is better for some situations and some playstyles.

Skorn is better for trash farming, because rend damage is based off main hand damage. Likewise, the healing is stronger if you use rend:blood lust.

Dual wield simplifies fury management, making it easier to maintain wrath. It also gives a smoother flow of healing. At the very top end of gearing, beyond what 99.9% of us can afford, dw beats skorn because you get an extra gem socket.

In the end it comes down to personal preference. Do you like big slow hits, or small fast ones?
Reply Quote
I think most people prefer attacking faster over attacking slower, but what really always brings me back to Skorn is the rend healing, that, and the lack of fear.
Reply Quote
This topic comes up every few weeks...

Skorn is not better across the board, nor is dw. They both have strengths and weaknesses, and each is better for some situations and some playstyles.

Skorn is better for trash farming, because rend damage is based off main hand damage. Likewise, the healing is stronger if you use rend:blood lust.

Dual wield simplifies fury management, making it easier to maintain wrath. It also gives a smoother flow of healing. At the very top end of gearing, beyond what 99.9% of us can afford, dw beats skorn because you get an extra gem socket.

In the end it comes down to personal preference. Do you like big slow hits, or small fast ones?

She likes it big and slow =D
Reply Quote
View profile
They used your shield to carry your body.

They'll be waiting forever. I don't die (unless of course I have to leave my mouse to change my son's diaper! :P)

Nice 292 DPS btw Genghis. I'll get there someday, only at 276
Edited by Wannabee808#1418 on 9/26/2013 9:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
a barb using 2h over 1h is the same as a barb wearing inna pants over rare pants, both making the barb look cheap and retarded

oh yeah im the almighty barbarian but im holding a stupid red monk bell and some cartoonish undies
Edited by Lastfighta#1786 on 9/27/2013 9:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]