Diablo® III

[Updated] Recent Auction House Issues - 9/27

(Locked)

Support Forum Agent
Update 9/27: Although there are still reports of excessive delays for some auctions, we've received many reports from those affected that these auctions in question are either finally going through, or returning the funds/gold/items. I will continue to update the thread as needed, but do ask that those intending to use the Auction House in the meantime remain aware of these issues noted below. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 9/26 4:20PM PDT: The gold and real-money Auction Houses are again online. To everyone affected by these outages and delays: thank you for your patience! For more information about transactions which may yet still be currently be delayed, please check the previous updates.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 9/24 7:10PM PDT: Hello again everyone! Thanks for hanging in there until we could dig deeper into this.

We've found that, for a large number of auctions posted this past week, an error had occurred which caused these auctions to register as having successfully completed, when in fact they had not. The issue which was preventing these transactions from being recognized as having properly failed has now been resolved, so they should start to process out as normal. Note that these particular auctions which were excessively delayed may still appear as "completed" in-game for a few days. Any funds that were temporarily associated with these auctions, however, are not being held by Blizzard and will be released through the financial institution that was used in conjunction with these transactions.The release times for these payments can vary depending on which bank or credit card was used.

We again apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and thank you for your understanding.

Across the last week we’ve received a growing number of reports concerning excessive delays with both the Gold and Real Money Auction Houses. We’re currently investigating the situation, and will be sure to update this post as more information becomes available.

Thank you to everyone affected by these delays for your patience while we work to resolve this. We apologize for this inconvenience and will do everything we can to take care of this as soon as possible.

In the meantime, may your Treasure Goblins be plentiful and your enemies tremble before you.
Edited by Araxom on 9/27/2013 1:50 PM PDT
Across the last week we’ve received a growing number of reports concerning excessive delays with both the Gold and Real Money Auction Houses. We’re currently investigating the situation, and will be sure to update this post as more information becomes available.

Thank you to everyone affected by these delays for your patience while we work to resolve this. We apologize for this inconvenience and will do everything we can to take care of this as soon as possible.

In the meantime, may your Treasure Goblins be plentiful and your enemies tremble before you.
Thank you for working on this, I have auctions delayed for a full week now.
Welp, you can say that Blizzard is doing a fine job supporting a system that will eventually get shut down in the near future.
Is this a scam? This is online theft. I've been waiting for 7 days and have had multiple contacts with support. Nothing is being resolved and I have been denied a refund for my purchase. How can any business run in this manner? Resolve my issue or refund my money before I contact my legal services. Class Action suite anyone? Terrible experience, terrible support, terrible company. I will not be doing business with them again.
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
There has been a sticky about AH delays over in Tech Support for weeks, however within the past day or two the time frame for delivery of items has been extended to 8-10 days. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9628212936

Some players are being told via tickets that the backup is due to a surge in AH use after the announcement of closure. I would be interested to hear if that is true or if this is something easily fixable during Maint. Thanks for looking into it further and keeping people up to date!
Edited by MissCheetah#1661 on 9/24/2013 10:41 AM PDT
09/24/2013 10:37 AMPosted by CrazyLogic
Is this a scam? This is online theft. I've been waiting for 7 days and have had multiple contacts with support. Nothing is being resolved and I have been denied a refund for my purchase. How can any business run in this manner? Resolve my issue or refund my money before I contact my legal services. Class Action suite anyone? Terrible experience, terrible support, terrible company. I will not be doing business with them again.

This here has to be a top reason the AH is going bye bye. Why would they want this headache?
There has been a sticky about AH delays over in Tech Support for weeks, however within the past day or two the time frame for delivery of items has been extended to 8-10 days. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9628212936

Some players are being told via tickets that the backup is due to a surge in AH use after the announcement of closure. I would be interested to hear if that is true or if this is something easily fixable during Maint. Thanks for looking into it further and keeping people up to date!

I think somebody hit the wrong button during maint and the surge is a scapegoat. The transactions I have pending over 24 hrs were made the day of the announcement, and should have been finished the next day. However based on gold value, the expected surge in transactions didn't happen for 3 to 4 days after the announcement, starting in earnest Friday night. Ironically, when the surge was in full effect it didn't seem to cause much problem, I have no long delays from after the 19th.

Edit: forgot to point out that the xpac announcement generated even greater volume on the rmah then did this announcement, I had no excessive delays at all. Currently I believe I have 6 outstanding between the 17th and the 19th. I will wait them out since they are just sales I don't have immediate need for, but eventually when gold goes back down I'll be buying more.

Edit 2: I did audit my transactions and discovered 2 from the 21st. stll pending. So perhaps not totally unrelated to the surge after all.
Edited by DOOM#1404 on 9/24/2013 10:57 AM PDT
70 Dwarf Paladin
What's a Class Action Suite? Is that one with a separate bedroom and sitting room? Just not quite sure.
09/24/2013 10:37 AMPosted by CrazyLogic

yet another reason and example of the problems the AH's cause. i'm glad the ah's are being removed. dev's how about removing the RMAH and gold Ah when current auctions expire and not allow new ones in the mean time instead of putting up with the trouble they cause till march.
I've managed to find ways of getting the AH to deliver items more quickly than 8-10 days. In the gold AH, I've made purchases that didn't arrive right away, so I played around a bit with the AH. I purchased one flawless gem, and one tomb of secrets, and over and over again until the item showed up in my stash. For some reason, when an item gets held up, then just purchasing gems of tombs seems to prime the item to show up. I don't know if I'm talking out of my behind or what, but it's worked like a charm for me. :)
09/24/2013 11:17 AMPosted by Smpwast3d
I've managed to find ways of getting the AH to deliver items more quickly than 8-10 days. In the gold AH, I've made purchases that didn't arrive right away, so I played around a bit with the AH. I purchased one flawless gem, and one tomb of secrets, and over and over again until the item showed up in my stash. For some reason, when an item gets held up, then just purchasing gems of tombs seems to prime the item to show up. I don't know if I'm talking out of my behind or what, but it's worked like a charm for me. :)

I listed a bunch of gems last night on the RMAH gave it 10mins, then started cancelling them to see if that would trigger the system... no luck.

As a side note, I think you should just shut down the RMAH for a day, and let the system catch up. That way the people who have been waiting 5days+ can move on, and during downtime you can perform maintenance on it.
Edited by Brenden619#1402 on 9/24/2013 12:09 PM PDT
If you're aware of the delays, why are you still accepting payments and not advising people before they make a purchase that they will have to wait 8 to 10 days?
09/24/2013 12:11 PMPosted by Axl
If you're aware of the delays, why are you still accepting payments and not advising people before they make a purchase that they will have to wait 8 to 10 days?

it was 3 days, then 5...now 8-10. you see the pattern here? Blizz do not guarantee when the delivery will happen.

Like the poster above said,

why not close down the rmah and let it catch up for a day...and fix whatever issues there are in that downtime

yet another reason and example of the problems the AH's cause. i'm glad the ah's are being removed. dev's how about removing the RMAH and gold Ah when current auctions expire and not allow new ones in the mean time instead of putting up with the trouble they cause till march.

LOL, if you used the RMAh at all you would know that some players have a backstock of items waiting to be listed for sale, if Blizzard did this with no warning they would have devalued hundreds of dollars in assets for some players, myself included. What you suggest is outrageous and more importantly, it would be a disaster since the expac and LOOT 0.5 haven't drooped yet, so players would be stuck on current drop rates and have no ah to make up for it. Ofcourse the drop rates are the problem, not the rmah/gah.

I listed a bunch of gems last night on the RMAH gave it 10mins, then started cancelling them to see if that would trigger the system... no luck.

As a side note, I think you should just shut down the RMAH for a day, and let the system catch up. That way the people who have been waiting 5days+ can move on, and during downtime you can perform maintenance on it.

The transactions in question are all out of the range of the normal 24hr period. Lately it seems to be working fine, we just have excessive delayed items left over from when it was not, so I don't think shutting it down will really change anything at this point.
09/24/2013 11:12 AMPosted by Mactavesh
What's a Class Action Suite? Is that one with a separate bedroom and sitting room? Just not quite sure.

A class action lawsuit is where a group of individuals join together in a "class" that has the same standing to file a lawsuit against another party. Common examples are when an entire segment of the population uses a drug which has an unknown side effect, or if a company is being accused of making false claims during advertisement of a product(false advertisement). The entire class litigates as one entity and all must abide by the courts decision if they agree to join the class. YOu can however opt out and sue the party(s) in question yourself.
Edited by DOOM#1404 on 9/24/2013 1:20 PM PDT
The transactions in question are all out of the range of the normal 24hr period. Lately it seems to be working fine, we just have excessive delayed items left over from when it was not, so I don't think shutting it down will really change anything at this point.

What do you consider "lately"? I tried again on Sunday, still have yet to receive anything.
09/24/2013 12:11 PMPosted by Axl
Exactly what part of "Bad Business Practices" do you not understand? They won't deviate from a formula that gets them paid with minimal to no effort.
Time to outsource to a company that can handle the Auction house traffic, perhaps the Auction house could be managed by such a company in the future instead of Blizzard. Hell I wouldn't mind 7-15% of all RMAH transactions for the next 20 years, sounds like a lot of fat dough for doing nothing except digital processing of orders from a solid inventory system. Maybe Capitol One would like a slice of that pie, or even Providian they handle and could handle such a volume of digital orders with an infrastructure to process even greater amounts.
Edited by ZIO#1500 on 9/24/2013 2:51 PM PDT
I have been told to wait 8-10 business days twice for the same items. They also told me that it had to do with the notification of the AH going down. However, my situation occurred on 8/31/2013. Way before the announcement of the AH and they still can't figure out what has happened to my 21k square flawless gems that disappeared in the AH system. I've been trying to get it taking care of, but I get a different response from them every 3-4 days. Including to leave my stash open, so they can go directly into the stash and not where the items would go in the AH tab with the history. This allows me to not have the chance to farm or play my characters due to the lack of space to keep items in. I know things happen and it takes time to get it fixed, but waiting almost a month with no real answer is kind of tiring and annoying.
I have 3 items delayed (buying) on the RMAH, all from the 17th, gold and 2 items. Those 3 were purchased using credit/debit. I purchased gold using leftover funds on my account and it showed up in 15 minutes....on the 17th

I purchased gems using the gold auction house on the 18th and they were instant.....

Is it just the credit / debit feature holding things up?
09/24/2013 01:55 PMPosted by Brenden619

What do you consider "lately"? I tried again on Sunday, still have yet to receive anything.

I amended my post to account for the fact it may not be as "fixed" as I thought at first.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]