Diablo® III

[Updated] Recent Auction House Issues - 9/27

(Locked)

Across the last week we’ve received a growing number of reports concerning excessive delays with both the Gold and Real Money Auction Houses. We’re currently investigating the situation, and will be sure to update this post as more information becomes available.

Thank you to everyone affected by these delays for your patience while we work to resolve this. We apologize for this inconvenience and will do everything we can to take care of this as soon as possible.

In the meantime, may your Treasure Goblins be plentiful and your enemies tremble before you.

how do you guys not know what the problem is...???
is it due to overload on purchases in RMAH??? well in this case, here is your answer! OVERLOAD!
is it due to a bug from a recent patch? well in this case, here is your answer! BUG!

whatever it is, you can tell us. you by not telling us, means you either are hiding something or since AH/RMAH is being closed, you don't care.

how many people work at BLIZZARD ENT.? how many people work at D3? how many people work specifically regarding AH/RMAH?

I am sure you guys know but not telling us because of reasons that you don't want us to know.

I THOUGHT WE WERE FAMILIES!?!?? =(

we all appreciate the work you guys do and personally i like the idea of closing AH/RMAH; which is to get people to start slaying more then sitting in front of computer all day eating pizza while jerking around in AH/RMAH. really defeats the purpose of Diablo.

Please let us know as soon as possible! THANKS!
Across the last week we’ve received a growing number of reports concerning excessive delays with both the Gold and Real Money Auction Houses. We’re currently investigating the situation, and will be sure to update this post as more information becomes available.

Thank you to everyone affected by these delays for your patience while we work to resolve this. We apologize for this inconvenience and will do everything we can to take care of this as soon as possible.

In the meantime, may your Treasure Goblins be plentiful and your enemies tremble before you.

how do you guys not know what the problem is...???
is it due to overload on purchases in RMAH??? well in this case, here is your answer! OVERLOAD!
is it due to a bug from a recent patch? well in this case, here is your answer! BUG!

whatever it is, you can tell us. you by not telling us, means you either are hiding something or since AH/RMAH is being closed, you don't care.

how many people work at BLIZZARD ENT.? how many people work at D3? how many people work specifically regarding AH/RMAH?

I am sure you guys know but not telling us because of reasons that you don't want us to know.

I THOUGHT WE WERE FAMILIES!?!?? =(

we all appreciate the work you guys do and personally i like the idea of closing AH/RMAH; which is to get people to start slaying more then sitting in front of computer all day eating pizza while jerking around in AH/RMAH. really defeats the purpose of Diablo.

Please let us know as soon as possible! THANKS!

In another thread they indicated it was a recent ongoing technical issue which was compounded by the recent surge in activity from the so called self found players returning to the game and using the RMAH to celebrate it's removal.
Thanks DOOM!!
Support Forum Agent
Our investigation into the issue is ongoing, thanks everyone for your continued patience! At this time, even if your particular auction has exceeded 10 days, I would ask that you refrain from submitting a ticket as whatever is going on with any of the Auctions is likely related to this core issue. I will be sure to provide regular updates as we go along - if you have any change in the status of your auctions, please post that as well. Thank you!
thanks but NOT COOL........ jk.. thanks for the continued effort.
Edited by HammyFitz#1514 on 9/24/2013 4:13 PM PDT
09/24/2013 03:46 PMPosted by LI7L
Thanks DOOM!!
No problem.
90 Human Paladin

How is this relevant to this issue? Knowing how many people work there will not justify if the problem will be fixed faster
Edited by Crimpson#1288 on 9/24/2013 4:39 PM PDT
I bought a weapon upgrade for my monk and some gold today from the RMAH, and i was charged and the transaction was complete and my items haven't shown up on the completed tab? Im getting worried. =(
How is this relevant to this issue? Knowing how many people work there will not justify if the problem will be fixed faster

man power? lol i dunno
This is unacceptable for a company like Blizzard. Especially when transactions have been going through within minutes. My RMAH purchases have been delayed for almost a week now.
WTF are you trying to achieve? You give us a system you make tons of money off, then take it away, and just the news of that breaks the entire system? I am more disappointed than most of these [edit] posting. Shame on you!!!!!
Edited by Araxom on 9/24/2013 5:36 PM PDT
Blizzard, when you inevitably have your meeting on reconsidering the proposed removal of the rmah/gah, remember this thread as evidence of how many are using that system. Current issues not withstanding, it's usually well liked by those who use it. Until this week I cannot say I've had much problem. I can also confirm something was done specific to the rmah, because my paypal authorizations got wiped and I had to reconfirm them with SMS text codes.
09/24/2013 02:49 PMPosted by ZIO
Time to outsource to a company that can handle the Auction house traffic, perhaps the Auction house could be managed by such a company in the future instead of Blizzard. Hell I wouldn't mind 7-15% of all RMAH transactions for the next 20 years, sounds like a lot of fat dough for doing nothing except digital processing of orders from a solid inventory system. Maybe Capitol One would like a slice of that pie, or even Providian they handle and could handle such a volume of digital orders with an infrastructure to process even greater amounts.

instead of using 3rd party site this is actually could be much better for the future of trading in the game.

i definitely see this coming in the future...
90 Undead Priest
So the maintenance has come and gone. Still the items I purchased last friday are not showing up. Did the maintenance solve anyone's problem or am I the only one still stuck?
09/24/2013 06:12 PMPosted by Zaedok
So the maintenance has come and gone. Still the items I purchased last friday are not showing up. Did the maintenance solve anyone's problem or am I the only one still stuck?

Some say the maintenance probably triggered this issue... Some say it is a virus that bugged up the system...

The problem was noticed by users starting on the 17th.
Edited by LI7L#1279 on 9/24/2013 6:27 PM PDT
I got this notice about an auction on 9-19-13

the auction was done on the 17th

Items in review

300,000,000 Gold

Time of transaction

31 Dec 1969 04:00 PM PST

Total value in review

$9.59
Update 7:10PM PDT: Hello again everyone, thanks for hanging in there until we could dig deeper into this. We found that for a large number of auctions this past week, the game was displaying these as having successfully completed, when in fact they had not. The issue which was preventing these transactions from being recognized as having properly failed, has now been resolved. These particular auctions which were excessively delayed may still appear as ‘completed’ in-game. Any funds that were temporarily associated with these auctions are not being held by Blizzard and will be released through the financial institution that was used in conjunction with these transactions. The release times for these payments can vary depending on which bank or credit card was used.

We again apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and thank you for your understanding.

hi, this is just one part of the issue. how abt those with pending payment from rmah sales? will items/gold from those failed transactions be returned and the intended proceeds be sent to the paypal account?
Edited by Xus#1248 on 9/24/2013 8:46 PM PDT

Update 7:10PM PDT: Hello again everyone, thanks for hanging in there until we could dig deeper into this. We found that for a large number of auctions this past week, the game was displaying these as having successfully completed, when in fact they had not. The issue which was preventing these transactions from being recognized as having properly failed, has now been resolved. These particular auctions which were excessively delayed may still appear as ‘completed’ in-game. Any funds that were temporarily associated with these auctions are not being held by Blizzard and will be released through the financial institution that was used in conjunction with these transactions. The release times for these payments can vary depending on which bank or credit card was used.

We again apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and thank you for your understanding.

So are you saying that the auctions I have been waiting 10 days to receive, I will never receive? And that I must wait for the bank to return my money?

If this is the case, has the issue been fixed and I can now purchase additional items on the RMAH without any issues? Or am I going to buy them and then receive my original items a few days from now?

Please elaborate on your statement. There's a lot of people here with real money floating around in balance. Thanks a lot for your time though.

Edit: Just checked my bank account. All charges after the 17th have been removed. Thank you for this. HOWEVER; I would still like confirmation then when I get home this afternoon - I can purchase my items from the RMAH and have them delivered to me within the normal time frame.
Edited by Reflex#1805 on 9/24/2013 8:41 PM PDT
i've been waiting for 6 days now for 130 dollars that i sold in gold through RMAH to go to my paypal account. how will this update affect me? will the money still go to my paypal acct? will i just have to wait?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]