Diablo® III

[Updated] Recent Auction House Issues - 9/27

(Locked)

Ah was working fine for me until an hour ago, haven't had any issues with it at any time until now.

Sounds like i can expect not to get my gold very soon..
one of my auctions has been in processing state since 8-20-2013 in RMAH (5 radiant start rubies sale), the myth of "Nothing has ever been lost in ah" is about to get busted.
also 6 of my auctions in RMAH between 9-17-2013 to 9-22-2013 are still stuck in processing state.
i have 4 trans acins i whays told thay whar going 2 go throw thay whar clerd and 2 just keep a eye out for the gold on the ah houes gm do u need my id #'s?
for hte ordering i made and ps the ah for me in iowa usa is still down
Edited by johnnyboy#1599 on 9/26/2013 4:05 PM PDT

yet another reason and example of the problems the AH's cause. i'm glad the ah's are being removed. dev's how about removing the RMAH and gold Ah when current auctions expire and not allow new ones in the mean time instead of putting up with the trouble they cause till march.

Another lame reply from someone that's geared to the gills... Easy to say when you have BIS that you bought yourself and now don't want to share...

Don't like competition i guess!
nvm i reloded the game and its up and i have my items thank u
@Araxom, can you find out what's going on with my ring I sold on the RMAH?

Order ID is 1748976967.

Also, if the auction failed, does that mean the item is gone, or will it eventually be returned?
Hey Araxom I had 2 pending transactions for the RMAH that I was waiting for since last Tuesday and from last Friday. After the AH has gone down and now come back up, the pending charges to my credit card are no longer there(There has been nothing charged). However the RMAH is displaying these transactions as both "claimed" even though I have not claimed the items for these transactions. Should I open a support ticket for something like this?
Support Forum Agent
@Araxom, can you find out what's going on with my ring I sold on the RMAH?

Order ID is 1748976967.

Also, if the auction failed, does that mean the item is gone, or will it eventually be returned?

It doesn't look to me like the auction is going to process. Please keep watch over your completed items list if you haven't already received the item back. I'm continuing to make note of these specific types of auctions and will continue to provide updates as we go along.

@Nova, you're welcome to put in a support ticket with the transaction ID#'s. Please be aware though that due to the volume of tickets we have right now, it may take us some time to get back to you.
Edited by Araxom on 9/26/2013 5:16 PM PDT
Hi Araxom,

Thank you for the updates so far, you're doing great! however it is a little frustrating not knowing if your auction has gone through or failed, when they appear to be 'completed' in the auction house. Is there a way of finding out if this is the case, or if they are actually still pending to be processed?

can you please advise if possible!
Support Forum Agent
Hey Edan, thanks!

Indeed- I totally understand the frustration. Basically, as I understand it - there's two different things going on here: 1) we have auctions that failed (like both of yours have done, confirmed), but still show up on the player side as 'completed' and 2) auctions that are still taking longer, but on our side have a specific code saying something to the affect of 'under review' - auctions will typically have that message for as long as it takes for us to confirm the payment status and make sure all is well between buyer, seller, and appropriate payment systems. However - when that message is displayed for a prolonged period of time (we're talking over 5 days), this generally means that the auction is not going to process. When we have failed auctions like this, these are the ones that usually take about 10 days for our system to just give up on the transaction, and then items/gold/money are sent back, released via the financial institution, etc.

Bottom line is - we don't want you to wait, and as players have seen today, the AH has been getting more than a little punchy. I advise players to be aware that we may yet see further delays before this is through.
Hey all,

Has anyone else experienced problems with the RMAH and a transaction failing only to be charged later on?

Earlier today I made a purchase which resulted in a time out. I had experienced issues last week as well, to which Blizzard stated they've been experiencing high traffic problems post announcement of AH closure. That one in particular also failed; however my money ended up returning (took 7 days and 10+ emails to Blizzard). This one however, reported an error and did not show up in my completed tab. I waited a few minutes and tried again, same problem. Like a fool, I then tried two more times ... no dice. Nothing showed up in completed nor did my PayPal account show any activity.

About 30 minutes later, I got four emails from PayPal stating that I authorized purchases to Blizzard! Then came the emails congratulating me for winning an auction from Blizzard.

I immediately opened a ticket with Blizzard to which they replied:
"Unfortunately with Diablo 3, a refund for a purchase in the RMAH can not be done, as there is no functionality within the game that will allow us to do such thing. While it is completely possible to dispute the charges with PayPal, I just wanted to make sure that you're aware that if these purchases are indeed disputed, your Diablo III license could be locked as a result."

So that's ... awesome. Not only will they not refund my money for their faulty software, they've also stated that If I attempt to reclaim what's rightfully mine by filing a dispute with PayPal, that they'll lock my account.

I followed up with a phone call in which a phone tech more or less stated the exact same thing. That there is absolutely NOTHING they can do with the exception of re-selling in game and take the 30% loss for their fee's. He also did inform me that should I file a dispute and they lock the account (which they almost for sure will), that in order to unlock that I would have to pay them back the money for the back charge from PayPal. So they've basically left me no options at all except bend over and take it.

I am at such a loss for words. I don't know what to do here. I am now out over $100 for an issue with their software and they refuse to take any accountability for this matter. Purely on principal I want to pursue a dispute with PayPal; however my account has hundreds of hours and a nice chunk of money spent on it. I enjoy this game too much to simply walk away from it; however that's a lot of money that they've basically stolen from me and the fact that they're unwilling to support me puts me in a very bad position.

I suppose shame on me for retrying a failed process that clearly stated that it timed out and that it did not complete. I should have known that this was still going to charge me and it's definitely my fault as the customer for not knowing this.

Curious if anyone else has had/or having these experiences has/is doing.

Thanks
Edited by DASBEAN#1820 on 9/26/2013 6:01 PM PDT
Support Forum Agent
Hey Dasbean, I'll be happy to check back into the specific issue, but please be aware that because I am not at liberty to check each individual auction through the forums, it may take me some time to get back to you. Additionally, I ask that you refrain from making other threads regarding the AH at this time as we are aware of the aforementioned issues in this thread and are currently addressing those. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Edit: I see you have an open ticket regarding the issue- we will be responding momentarily.
Edited by Araxom on 9/26/2013 6:07 PM PDT
Thanks Araxom; however my assumption is that you'll come back and tell me what two other techs already have, that there is absolutely nothing you can or will do.

I am simply at a loss of words here. This is not the Blizzard level of customer service I would have expected. I truly don't want to lose my account; however I feel the only appropriate course of action here is to file a dispute so that I can at least get my money back.
Hi Araxom, I have sold 2 items but shown as still under process/review for more than 5 days. Should I wait or submit a support ticket?
Support Forum Agent
@Dasbean we're going to do our best to help you get this resolved. Being that this original delay issue has caught us a bit by the wayside, I think that our response was likely compounded by that. Really, all I can say for now is to express my thanks for your patience - I have a approached a supervisor on your behalf as your situation is a spin on what I am directly dealing with. I will also stay apprised of your particular issue, although I am not in a position to rectify the issue directly.

@Leon - please see my above response - normally, I would have you put in a ticket, but being that the queues are as long as they are, you'll find the answer out one way or the other before we could likely respond. My best guess is that you fit into category 2 - please see above. If after some time passes you wish to post the transaction ID #'s I'll gladly to my best to let you know what I see.
Hi Araxom,

Great job giving people updates on their purchases. I've been in a pending state on an order for 6 days now, I have a feeling that it may have failed like others have, but would really appreciate it if you could possibly take a look and confirm for me so I'm not stuck waiting. Order ID: 1749702906

Thank you!
Hey Edan, thanks!

Indeed- I totally understand the frustration. Basically, as I understand it - there's two different things going on here: 1) we have auctions that failed (like both of yours have done, confirmed), but still show up on the player side as 'completed' and 2) auctions that are still taking longer, but on our side have a specific code saying something to the affect of 'under review' - auctions will typically have that message for as long as it takes for us to confirm the payment status and make sure all is well between buyer, seller, and appropriate payment systems. However - when that message is displayed for a prolonged period of time (we're talking over 5 days), this generally means that the auction is not going to process. When we have failed auctions like this, these are the ones that usually take about 10 days for our system to just give up on the transaction, and then items/gold/money are sent back, released via the financial institution, etc.

Bottom line is - we don't want you to wait, and as players have seen today, the AH has been getting more than a little punchy. I advise players to be aware that we may yet see further delays before this is through.

Great - thank you for the informative detailed reply - I appreciate it!

I've got another question - as per the updated first post in this sticky, the GAH and RMAH are now open to be used again, are there still issues with using credit / debit cards, or should I add funds to my account and put the transaction through that way? What would be the best suitable way to avoid having it fail again?

Or are all systems updated and ready to go again? :)
Support Forum Agent
@ Wubonk: That transaction ID# 1749702906 appears to be Category 1 (as I'm calling it) - showing up failed on our side, and if it looks like it's completed on your end was affected by the script we ran yesterday which helps the financial institutions involved to release the funds that were likely held. This is where it gets murky for me, and I apologize that I don't have more specific information - but as I understand it, Blizzard did not hold the funds for these specific purchases, but the funds were likely being held by the financial institutions that our system was in contact with.

Hopefully that makes sense. TLDR: (for those that were attempting to purchase items with real currency) If you don't have the money back, you'll be getting it- keep watch on your financial statement in the meantime.

@ Edan - The immediate reports I'm getting are that the AH is working much smoother now. Please take that with a grain of salt. I don't want to be unclear, but I can't predict the future. The AH has seen a lot of turbulence this week, and although we've brought the systems back online we may yet be still having to deal with further issues regarding these delays. I will do my best to keep my eyes and ears open in the meanwhile.
Edited by Araxom on 9/26/2013 6:50 PM PDT
Hey Edan, thanks!

Great - thank you for the informative detailed reply - I appreciate it!

I've got another question - as per the updated first post in this sticky, the GAH and RMAH are now open to be used again, are there still issues with using credit / debit cards, or should I add funds to my account and put the transaction through that way? What would be the best suitable way to avoid having it fail again?

Or are all systems updated and ready to go again? :)

i think you will still be experiencing the delay. i sold some stuff 45hrs ago when it should be working. but nw the status changed to completed but i did nt get any payment :X
Thank you Araxom. I have spoken directly to a supervisor as well as sent an additional communication to a higher level manager directly via email. I am currently still being told that there is nothing that we can do; however I am hopeful that I will gain traction with this latest communication. Any additional support you can provide would be most welcome and appreciated.

Thank you
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]