Diablo® III

What is going to happen in March 2014?

Looks to me at this stage that shutting down the auction house will just make more non official sites that will still sell equipment for high real money prices. As long as you can not get the best in game, there will always be someone trying to take advantage of that. What do you all think??
Reply Quote
March is when I prune my roses.
Reply Quote
Credit card warriors will use 3rd party sites.
Flippers and pro-AH will use D2JSP or whatever Blizz come up with.
People who are against AH will simply won't have the option anymore.

All in all, AH whiners will have the ILLUSION that the people they play with are legit because there's no big AH button on the main menu.

Everyone else will simply have additional work to do to get their gear the way they see fit.
Reply Quote
1. I will sit down and run D3.
2. I will level at least one character from lvl 1 to 60. Will try to do self found only, just have fun with loot 2.0.
3. If they're right with loot 2.0, I will spend some decent amount of fun with d3. WITH THE GAME I WANTED TO PLAY 2 YEARS AGO, BUT BLIZZARD GAVE US JUST PILE OF CRAP USABLE ONLY BY AH WH0R3S.
4. When I will have enough, I will just quit the game and find another source of fun..
Reply Quote

All in all, AH whiners will have the ILLUSION that the people they play with are legit because there's no big AH button on the main menu.

Everyone else will simply have additional work to do to get their gear the way they see fit.

Illusion or not,the fat kid will finally lose weight since there won't be Snickers every time he opens the closet. Flipers will flip but it will be way better when it is not in your face all the time,even if it is an illusion. Also way less people gonna use 3rd sites.
Reply Quote
i'll pay the 39.99
Install the game
Feel very very happy
then start to hate in 2 months
leave the game forever
because ı dont trust blizzard anymore.

The PS version and $$ in mind (ah) destroyed everything. Now Ah gone but.. PS will continue to block this game. Limited and very low amount of spells, no travel between acts, no attributes. blaa blaaa
Reply Quote

The thing your missing is that 'AH whiners' (read: the vast majority of players) don't give a horse's rear end what other players are doing. Want to go use your mom's credit card to get the best item? Go ahead. Want to risk getting hacked/scammed/viruses from 3rd party sites? Have at it, hoss. What most players want is to play the game, get cool loot, improve their characters and not have to worry that they should actually be "playing the AH" or spending actual money to be making progress, which is the situation you have now. How anyone on god's green earth could think the current implementation of AH flipping/sniping is even the slightest bit fun is completely beyond me... and Blizz would not be making this change if many people didn't feel the same way.
Reply Quote
Wouldn't make sense to shut down the AH and keep DIII the way it is. Hopefully we see Loot 2.0 around then, but who really knows.
Reply Quote
09/25/2013 07:15 AMPosted by Templar

This. +1
Reply Quote
09/25/2013 07:56 AMPosted by Lumajo

This. +1

+1
Reply Quote
09/25/2013 07:41 AMPosted by Vorador
How anyone on god's green earth could think the current implementation of AH flipping/sniping is even the slightest bit fun is completely beyond me... and Blizz would not be making this change if many people didn't feel the same way.

Get your head out of the clouds.The only reason they're closing the auction houses is because they aren't making enough profit on the RMAH.You don't think they actually care about you do you?
Reply Quote
09/25/2013 07:56 AMPosted by Lumajo

This. +1

Has nothing to do with "being legit" and more about "rewarding gameplay."

I know this may be too hard to comprehend. Take your time.
Reply Quote
09/25/2013 07:15 AMPosted by Templar

Anti-AH people really don't care about this. They just want to be able to find their own upgrades without feeling forced to use the AH in order to progress.

Of course people who prefer to spend real money on items will continue to do so. Doesn't affect me in any way whatsoever. Spend money on nonexistent items all you want if that's how you have fun. Game shouldn't be tailored around this process though.
Reply Quote
Anti-AH people really don't care about this. They just want to be able to find their own upgrades without feeling forced to use the AH in order to progress.

Right now they can easily find their own upgrades in the AH.

The source of upgrade is irrelevant.

The "omg, but it dropped for me from a mob" is nothing but irrational and emotional fetish.
Reply Quote

The "omg, but it dropped for me from a mob" is nothing but irrational and emotional fetish.

Not really. Most people play an ARPG in order to slay hordes of monsters in hopes of finding their own upgrades. I know it's hard to process but the AH as the best way to find upgrades is just depressing to most fans of this franchise.
Reply Quote
Gotta love the reference to illusions.

As if video games were anything but, can't tell if trolling or naive.

09/25/2013 08:07 AMPosted by Darlynn

Doesn't look like you'll be playing Diablo III much after March 18th.

Cya.
Reply Quote
09/25/2013 08:01 AMPosted by Lumajo
How anyone on god's green earth could think the current implementation of AH flipping/sniping is even the slightest bit fun is completely beyond me... and Blizz would not be making this change if many people didn't feel the same way.

Get your head out of the clouds.The only reason they're closing the auction houses is because they aren't making enough profit on the RMAH.You don't think they actually care about you do you?

The current model is not sustainable, and is it has nothing to do with RMAH profits.. they donated most or all of that profit to charity. It's unsustainable because they are losing players left and right, so yes they do care about players - they are making the changes to bring players back or keep them. You can be cynical if you want to, you can call Blizzard a money grabbing faceless corporation, you can call me an 'AH Whiner'.. I could care less. The bottom line is, shutting down the AH while also making all of these loot/endgame/character changes is a HUGE undertaking on their part and the net result is a benefit to the non-AH flippers/botters/snipers who actually want to play the game. So get YOUR head out of the clouds, fella. If I was wrong, they wouldn't be shutting it down and they wouldn't be gutting the loot system and starting over.
Reply Quote
09/25/2013 08:14 AMPosted by Vorador
I could care less.

Actually m8 it's "Couldn't care less".
Reply Quote
I'll be playing Diablo3 just like i did Diablo2, killing stuff, looting gear, equipping gear, having a BLAST.

While all the scrubs will be trying to rush to endgame to get bored with it (AKA buying from sites/whatever else)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]