Diablo® III

witch doctors, spirits and Maltheal

As we know, the source of the wd's strength is her connection to the spirit world. The spirits aid her, lending their might to the wd.

Some of the spirits obviously originate from humans. Now correct me on this, but why are the human spirits so powerful when in life the humans are so frail? Oh I am a human I am weak and frail, don't sacrifice me to Belial!..... I'M BACK AS A HAUNTING SPIRIT RAWR seems a bit weird. Why can't humans tap into that power when alive?

Also, if the spirit world is the source of the wd's power, wouldn't maltheal just kick her !@#? In the opening cinematic for RoS he just sucks all the soul like candy.
Reply Quote
1) Why the spirits are strong? This is a question to lore department at Blizzard. They probably won't delve into it that much but if this question is to be answered than they would need to present the laws that rule in the Sanctuary. The laws of nature, the afterlife and 'heaven' (where the souls of humans go, as the Heaven in Diablo is a bit different concept than in real world christian faith)

2) Malthael is like a Witch Doctor, both mastered the the powers of the spirit world and are wielders of its magic. But I don't know how much of this knowledge Malthael mastered but probably very much as he entitled himself the Angel Of Death.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]