Diablo® III

Anyone dropped WOTB?

Either with the intended nerfs in mind or just sick, stressed and tired of playing on a timer?

The pace drop without WOTB is significant but I am happier and more relaxed with the build.
Reply Quote
its why ive always disliked WoTB, this game does NOT need long Cd's thankyou. everytime i get painted into a corner its like...look at wotb, is it up?

makes me feel like a weak character.
Reply Quote
its why ive always disliked WoTB, this game does NOT need long Cd's thankyou. everytime i get painted into a corner its like...look at wotb, is it up?

makes me feel like a weak character.

Nice off the road build you have and hope you can resist the wrathemptation as your barb progresses ;)
Reply Quote
Now drop Battle Rage: Into the Fray and you can really experience amazing gameplay.
Reply Quote
09/25/2013 03:24 AMPosted by Nived
Now drop Battle Rage: Into the Fray and you can really experience amazing gameplay.

what do you suggest? Bloodshed?
Reply Quote
09/25/2013 03:53 AMPosted by rahl

Bloodshed is a very nice alternative for trash farming. However, fury gen will be non-existant, other than fury generators (bash, cleave, etc.), fury generating passives (animosity, superstition, unforgiving), and using mighty weapon and 5pc ik.
Reply Quote
09/25/2013 04:26 AMPosted by Nived

Bloodshed is a very nice alternative for trash farming. However, fury gen will be non-existant, other than fury generators (bash, cleave, etc.), fury generating passives (animosity, superstition, unforgiving), and using mighty weapon and 5pc ik.

Don't forget about overpower momentum! It's actually pretty good at fury generation for trash farming without taking up an attack turn.
Reply Quote

Read his (Nived's) comment again, but do so noting the hint of sarcasm about it.
Planet #6460 - Diablo III Barbarian Class MVP

"My name is - insert_battletag_here -, king of kings
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Ah, that's fine ;)

I just tried it briefly (the popcorn build). It's nice for trash but yes poor at generating fury unless I use HOTA only occasionally, which leaves me more vulnerable than if I could spam hammers with ITF.
Reply Quote
09/25/2013 04:53 AMPosted by zylog
Don't forget about overpower momentum! It's actually pretty good at fury generation for trash farming without taking up an attack turn.

Yup.. totally forgot about momentum tbh, thanks for adding that in.
Reply Quote
09/25/2013 01:40 AMPosted by rahl
tired of playing on a timer

09/25/2013 02:28 AMPosted by W01fe
look at wotb, is it up?

To be honest, WoTB is supposed to be up all the time if you geared properly. It is supposed that a pack of mobs could reset your timer to zero... and if you just in case missed the timer, your CD should be gone and next WoTB is ready.... just my $0.02
Reply Quote
It's nice to see there are others like me out there. I often don't even use my WoTB most of the time because I don't like playing with the stress of needing to find the next pack all the time. But when I do, man does the pace pick up in killing speed and in general.

It's such a want to use/don't want to use type of skill for me.
Reply Quote
I made a build that can trash farm mp10 for reallly really cheap.

And it doesn't even use WOTB or Into the Fray or WW

Made a thread about it. I call it the bulldozer build.

Mouse
Furious Charge - Merciless Assault, with enough mobs, generating fury and doing huge damage shouldn't be a problem
Rend - Lacerate or the bigger AOE one is great for this one as well, Though I might change this skill because mobs die super quickly anyway

1 - OPKS - that 10% Crit
2- RLTW - Works with furious charge
3 - Bloodshed - 20% of Crit Damage dealt in an AOE is a lot... now imagine that in a huge mob, lots of area dps
4 - Revenge - Provocation or Best served cold

Weapon Master, Ruthless, Brawler

Gear - Skorn no need for life steal, just get as much dps as possible from this
Cold/28+ Soj
Avg Dmg, Vit, CC, CD ring
Avg Dmg, Str, CC, CD Ammy
Ik Gloves with CD
Tyraels Might with High Vit for movement speed
Str Vit AR Crit Bracers
Vit Crafted Shoulders with AR and Str
Vit pants with AR 2sock and Str
Ik Belt with High Str and Vit
Ik Helm with High Str and with Vit or All res
Good Boots with Str All Res Vit And MS

Main focus on gear is a lot of Vit and AR, you might need to take some hits once in a while. All damage done will be off skorn and critting. Try to get at least 2k Str though

Paper DPS will hover around 120k

But your furious charges should be critting for around 700k, blood shedding at 150k, and Nadoing at around 50k

Rend crits will be around 200k a tick

Really great for farming. Elites do take a little longer, but it's still pretty fast, was soloing under a minute per elite when i had a mob with me.

Cons:

Sometimes Furious charge gets stuck, or you dont get cool down all the way.
There may be some hiccups when you can't really do anything but normal attack or revenge
In this case, use sprint and just round around towards a new mob to replenish monster count.

Either Way, You can probably trash speed farm mp10 for under 15m
Reply Quote
09/25/2013 05:48 AMPosted by ßlwøød
To be honest, WoTB is supposed to be up all the time if you geared properly.
Reply Quote
Learn to move efficiently across the map and you will never have to worry about WotB timer as it would surely be up long enough to get to the next pack. The monster density increase in the previous patch fixed this problem.

I don't even worry about the cooldown anymore. I just move from pack to pack and never drop WotB before cooldown is off.
Reply Quote
Along the same lines I was thinking about keeping them but going with muraders rage and insanity. I am not really skilled enough to do the perma wrath thing a lot anyway so that much damage makes for a real oh !@#$ button. Fun to watch %^-* just melt.

Edit- rage is an issue, but with cleave/reaping swing you can go from empty to full in 1-2 swings.
Edited by mjaay#1363 on 9/25/2013 9:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/25/2013 06:38 PMPosted by Hercules
To be honest, WoTB is supposed to be up all the time if you geared properly.

or need more practice
Reply Quote
I am one of those noobs who could never maintain wrath of the berserker in the 1.0.3-1.06 era.

But if you can't keep it up with the new monster density changes you are really bad at video games in general or have terrible hand-eye coordination, because even a 3 year old could probably keep up wotb permanently now.
Edited by Kirishima#1651 on 9/25/2013 10:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Guys the question is about preference, not skill or ability to permawrath. Respect that some people like to play the game in other ways.

@Pnuts - nice, I have never tried FC in all my time barbing. Will give it a go in FOM.

@EoB - just use Insanity then as and when you need wrath ;)
Reply Quote
I never liked the ToC rune really. I use it cause it's absurdly good but liked? Nah. When I was 2H I prefered the Insanity rune and that's what I'll do with Zerk in RoS (unless, they will decide to, somehow, nerf/change it). Elite => pop Insanity and become the embodiment of absolute destruction for 15 seconds.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]