Diablo® III

Anyone dropped WOTB?

I got rid of WotB, not due to the intended nerf, but just because I really don't think it's that great, especially since I'm usually playing with a friend. We like to stop and take a moment to breathe every once in a while, so permanent wrath seems like a waste. I recently switch to my current build and it works incredibly well for me. With Superstition, I can literally stand in everything elite packs have without worrying. And when something goes wrong, Ignore Pain is essentially a 5 second god mode. I have no intentions of ever switching back at this point. The build I'm running now just works in every situation.

I would rather never die than kill a mob a couple seconds faster.
Reply Quote
its why ive always disliked WoTB, this game does NOT need long Cd's thankyou. everytime i get painted into a corner its like...look at wotb, is it up?

makes me feel like a weak character.

Nice off the road build you have and hope you can resist the wrathemptation as your barb progresses ;)

honestly been switching builds a lot, just trying to fit something more "me" then optimal, im well aware it wont be optimal, im well aware i will not progress as fast as others, but id rather enjoy my gametime.
Reply Quote
09/25/2013 05:48 AMPosted by ßlwøød
tired of playing on a timer

look at wotb, is it up?

To be honest, WoTB is supposed to be up all the time if you geared properly. It is supposed that a pack of mobs could reset your timer to zero... and if you just in case missed the timer, your CD should be gone and next WoTB is ready.... just my $0.02

"geared correctly" is quite subjective, but ill be the first to say im not.

but supposed to be up all the time? that means im taking two slots already on my skills list with two mandatory skills, wotb and the shout. i hate maintaining shouts, and i hate long Cd's, so my builds have neither, bad builds or not, i have more fun when im on.
Reply Quote
I got rid of WotB, not due to the intended nerf, but just because I really don't think it's that great, especially since I'm usually playing with a friend. We like to stop and take a moment to breathe every once in a while, so permanent wrath seems like a waste. I recently switch to my current build and it works incredibly well for me. With Superstition, I can literally stand in everything elite packs have without worrying. And when something goes wrong, Ignore Pain is essentially a 5 second god mode. I have no intentions of ever switching back at this point. The build I'm running now just works in every situation.

I would rather never die than kill a mob a couple seconds faster.

Good point about group play. Prolly Insanity will be useful vs elites in a group but you can even drop WOTB altogether and add some 'fun/cool/utility' skills such as Leap, Stomp and certainly WC.
Reply Quote
To be honest, I've been switching zerk for ground stomp or war cry when I'm in group play. My barb and gear is strong enough altogether that I don't fear instant death no matter what so I can afford to lose the cc immunity from zerk. If there's a freeze wiz in the game, then I use warcry instead of groundstomp.
Reply Quote
I use wotb as much as possible when playing solo. It's just so much faster and more efficient than any other playstyle (OK I know that on rare occasions leap is more use). I certainly won't drop it in anticipation of Blizz dropping it for me...that time will come soon enough.

If I'm in a group, that's a different matter. I'll always have it on my skill bar, but I use it for a greater or lesser time depending on how much we're chatting, how fast the other players are travelling and so on. Often I'll pop it for difficult situations, then keep it going as long as I'm not leaving the team behind.
Reply Quote
09/26/2013 11:02 AMPosted by W01fe
bad builds or not, i have more fun when im on

Having fun is the reason why we play this game, so I see no difference between us :P

But my short term goal is Paragon Level 100, so permawrath is mandatory. I was playing HoTA mainly for uber but I found double nado is really fast exp gain that HoTA can't compare in general. In fact I'm just a casual player, so let's see if I can make P100 in a month or two. Enjoy!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]