Diablo® III

RIP Barb - Moldran

I just saw this vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR4DUvrOk1Y&feature=c4-overview&list=UUho-XTOszUf8vxjy0bm20lA

If Moldran is correct about this, I'm really gonna miss that style of gameplay with my Barb.

I personally don't agree with his reasons why this a good approach, personally I'd rather spend a monthly subscription fee in WoW and enjoy being the tank in that game - been there done that. Diablo intrinsically was about CRUSHING the darkness, seemly now, barbarians are about being a WoW-like tank according to Moldrans thoughts.

Does anyone think that ending the WW build is a good idea?
Reply Quote
How else can you survive without WW build if you don't have the necesary amount of IAS and CC gear to pull off a HoTA or Rend build? Ive been farming MP10 with my meager DPS with WW/Hota. I can't HoTA unless the Elites have only one AoE affix. Otherwise the Plague/Molten/Electrify just melts me.
Reply Quote
09/26/2013 05:49 AMPosted by gwjunkie
How else can you survive without WW build if you don't have the necesary amount of IAS and CC gear to pull off a HoTA or Rend build? Ive been farming MP10 with my meager DPS with WW/Hota. I can't HoTA unless the Elites have only one AoE affix. Otherwise the Plague/Molten/Electrify just melts me.

I think there is an equation being given. The barb can survive, he just can't kill anything very fast -> he needs a group.

The whole tanking formulae for any game is non-sense.

Big boss monster: "Hey look at these guys who aren't doing much damage to me but are taunting me to keep aggro on them?"

"You know what? Screw them let me kill those squishies over there first dpsing and healing, then lets see how long their manly muscles of tankiness lasts... Muh-ha-ha-HAAA!"

You know D3 could offer an alternative to the staple tank gets aggroe formulae within the gaming world. But given what Moldran is pointing out; nope it seems they are following it.
Reply Quote

Not everyone should be able to faceroll the hardest difficulty without proper gear.
Your statement only confirms the fact it is an OP build.

Ww/rltw is so effective, even lower end gear can be made viable for mp10. It should be toned down but not killed.
Edited by RagingKoala#1984 on 9/26/2013 12:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Loss of Permawrath is probably the worst, since it makes other options hard. There are actually ways right now for Godly barbs to WW w/o into the fray (such as the bloodshed build), but the loss of the cc immunity is crippling for WW. There's talk of raising the movespeed cap, so that might sort itself out.
Reply Quote
Permawarth and Perma invincible is a crutch that I don't think the original game designers intended...but once it was given, they didn't have the balls to take it away.

How can anyone say RIP BARB when we don't know what the new changes will bring?

Its RIP Barb as we know it...but i'm optimistic.

PS...i've recently run many times without perma wrath (i.e., no thrive on chaos and/or into the fray) just to see and the barb still kicks butt

MOral of the story...gear properly and you can make any build viable
Reply Quote
PS...i've recently run many times without perma wrath (i.e., no thrive on chaos and/or into the fray) just to see and the barb still kicks butt

MOral of the story...gear properly and you can make any build viable

nerfing ToC was a given, but I have a feeling the devs will incorporate into the Fray - toned down - into our passive mechanics. What I surely don't want is coming back to generators build. At least not like bash/frenzy/cleave currently are.
Reply Quote
If they beefed up frenzy for more damage it would be very sweet to use in conjunction with weapons that proc spells.

Imagine a 30% proc of meteor on one weapon, and 30% proc for blizzard on the other. Pair those up with frenzys attack speed bonus and a high rate of aps, and you have yourselfa very viable generator build.

D2 dw EBOTD with frenzy anyone?

Point is, that they can be viable, they just need a ton of work first. Removing the KB from bash wasa great first step.
Edited by RagingKoala#1984 on 9/26/2013 9:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Point is, that they can be viable, they just need a ton of work first. Removing the KB from bash wasa great first step.

Ya it was =).

Another great step would be to reincorporate frenzy inate speed buff to the plain skill, just like it was back in D2.
Reply Quote
Its not so much face rolling vs the melee/range damage. Its those damn arcane beams and molten that kill me when they pop up under my nose w/o me seeing them through all the on-screen effects. In the real world, if you faced superior numbers, you would be able to hold the enemy off in a doorway or stairway but not in D3 where you have to worry about teleporters/vorrtex/poison clouds etc. My toon is still a work in progress but would be nice if there were more vids on the tube about character placement vs. elites. I loved the tips that gentlemen posted about fighting ubers. Getting them stuck w pillars or behind each other. etc.
Reply Quote
Here we go again...
Reply Quote
09/26/2013 10:57 AMPosted by gwjunkie
Its not so much face rolling vs the melee/range damage. Its those damn arcane beams and molten that kill me when they pop up under my nose w/o me seeing them through all the on-screen effects. In the real world, if you faced superior numbers, you would be able to hold the enemy off in a doorway or stairway but not in D3 where you have to worry about teleporters/vorrtex/poison clouds etc. My toon is still a work in progress but would be nice if there were more vids on the tube about character placement vs. elites. I loved the tips that gentlemen posted about fighting ubers. Getting them stuck w pillars or behind each other. etc.

I don't understand. Are you talking about Desecrator? Because Molten is the firebombs that certain mobs fire off, not the pools of lava at your feet. That being said, with enough Life Steal, Desecrator really should not be an issue if you are using rend enough and there are enough mobs around. The only thing that really seems to hurt bad is Plagued, as it is stacking damage. Arcane can be bad if it is in a confined environment and/or combined with wallers.
Reply Quote

I don't understand. Are you talking about Desecrator? Because Molten is the firebombs that certain mobs fire off, not the pools of lava at your feet. That being said, with enough Life Steal, Desecrator really should not be an issue if you are using rend enough and there are enough mobs around. The only thing that really seems to hurt bad is Plagued, as it is stacking damage. Arcane can be bad if it is in a confined environment and/or combined with wallers.

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Molten

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Mortar
Reply Quote

Seriously man, your DPS/EHP is really really reaaaaally out of what MP10 requires. This simple fact shows that the WW/RLTW build is way over the curve when it comes to power and utility. I mean, the build is so straightforward that once you achieve enough for permaWotB, you're good to face pretty much anything.

Btw, if you are having trouble with the elemental affixes, might as well switch Superstition for Unforgiving or the better (and probably most efficient) solution...play on a lower MP.
Reply Quote
09/26/2013 06:48 AMPosted by RagingKoala
Not everyone should be able to faceroll the hardest difficulty without proper gear.

What about designing the game were everyone can faceroll the hardest difficulty without top of the line gear. Not saying that there should be no gear dependency, just saying that there should be a minimum standard that takes time to get. Afterwards it should take a lot more time to perfect your gear layout, to get the BiS everywhere because all those 2nd BiS need replacing.

There's where the loot hunt and replay value of the game excel, people will play longer.

The only problem I see is level design, the game tends to "funnel" everyone together, unlike Cow level for example where 8 players could dart off in their own separate directions.

Maybe the Diablo universe does need WoW zones to pull that off? Are the developers up for that kind of challenge?
Reply Quote
It's not the levels that funnel. It's the very very short exp sharing range. They intended people to play together.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]