Diablo® III

my console freezes when playing diablo 3

my console keeps freezing randomly when i play diablo 3, i does not have any pattern or action that triggers it, it just happens at any random moment.

I had been reading some posts and it seem like it happens to other people too, so i hope they are working on a fix to this.
Reply Quote
I had had one total freeze on offline mode playing with my barb...as best I could tell I was tearing up the content way to fast and it froze on me...WOTB,WW sprint, large mob, in a dungeon...who knows..havent had it happen since...wonder how it might work if I roll a sns wiz....hmmm

when playing online...I've had it freeze when new players enter a public game or when the host leaves...
Reply Quote
my console keeps freezing randomly when i play diablo 3, i does not have any pattern or action that triggers it, it just happens at any random moment.

I had been reading some posts and it seem like it happens to other people too, so i hope they are working on a fix to this.

My XBOX will freeze every time I play Multiplayer with 4 people at some point after a while. 100% of the time if I play for a while.
Reply Quote
I only had one freeze so far.

Yesterday. I was fighting some elite Fat dudes in the end of Act 3 (the big fat ones)

The thing I thought that caused it: They had illusionist, then when they multiplied the game froze. Too many fat monsters on the screen.
Reply Quote
For the first 2 weeks, this never happened to me. Since Monday, it has happened 5 times. Oddly enough it never happened in VoTA runs killing 40-50+ baddies at the same time, but any time I strolled on the Bridge or really anywhere outside in Act 3 it was a gaurantee.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Warlock
Mine freezes sometimes while loading; never in game though.
Reply Quote
Mine has froze a few times while playing. So far only when im playing online with a friend
Reply Quote
My console (Xbox) has frozen several times. Usually at least once a day. Sometimes while playing multiplayer. Sometimes while playing solo. So far (knock on wood) it has not caused any file corruption issues. Oddly enough it has not happened the past few days.
Reply Quote
This is a known issue and hopefully they're working on a fix as both the PS3 and Xbox 360 experience freezes both in single player and multiplayer that get as severe as making the console unresponsive forcing you to shut down. Would be nice if a blue will post something to assure us that they know and are working on fixing it.
Reply Quote
I didn't have any issues until last night, playing with my wife ( two separate consoles) and I froze up 5 times in about 10 minutes.

Then she hosted a game and she froze, so we switched to a LAN instead and still froze.

They need to fix it asap, I can't even play now.
Reply Quote
my xbox freezes usually once a day when Im doing keep runs in act 3. The sound turns to ticks then I have to completely shut down the 360.
Reply Quote
33 Worgen Hunter
I have never frozen before until to day it freezes every time there is an auto save it happened 12 times within a hour or so I don't understand what is happening because I have been playing 12 hours or more every day and have never had this problem since the game came out now I can't do anything. is it the game? or is it my console ( I have the console in a open environment with a fan on it) . please some one give me some suggestions on how I can stop it from freezing. P.S. props on the new game blizzard u honestly did fix it a lot...its much better then the pc version!
Reply Quote
I've had 3 freezes so far , me and another where playing co-op than we opened it up to public for the extra xp and magic find . Loaded than froze
Reply Quote
Im having the same issue. As of 8 pm central time on saturday my system a 360 slim gen 1, started freezing at first in a room of 4 people in act 2 camp. Then it was only in act 3 camp. Now its anyware and any time. My system is open with a fan behind it, installed to hdd. I even swapped the disk out for a brand new diablo 3. And still freezes. So it has to be the codeing in the game. When it freezes for me im eather moving around camp. Or loading. Ive had the issue in both hardcore and soft core game plays. All acts and diffictultys. Also online offline multiplayer and solo. Also tried other disk games that save contantly likevassassins creed and saints. All other games run fine so its not the eye or v card.... will call microsoft about this....
Reply Quote
3 freezes al on nigtmare before Diablo fight.
Reply Quote
Ive had 1 freeze total....during an autosave....game save corrupt...this is NOT acceptable ...
Reply Quote
I used to have this issue, what I tried doing on Xbox was going to dashboard, clearing the cache 3 times, and redownloading my profile. So far (key words there), no lockups since, single or multiplayer. So far, anyway.
Reply Quote
I only had one freeze so far.

Yesterday. I was fighting some elite Fat dudes in the end of Act 3 (the big fat ones)

The thing I thought that caused it: They had illusionist, then when they multiplied the game froze. Too many fat monsters on the screen.

I just had the same problem tonight with those guys on Act 3 . I ran in to the door and tossed some Skulls and my dogs attacked and I locked up :/
Reply Quote
35 Pandaren Mage
Having similar issue on Nightmare Act III. Constant lock ups with a Witch Doctor. I hope Blizzard responds to this because it is a game killing issue. We need to know they are working on it. It is not an overheating issue and clearing the cache does not help. If they want my save I will send it to them.

PS - thanks for being smart and opening the Diablo Console forum. It makes so much more sense since most console players probably don't have active Battlenet accounts.
Reply Quote
From my last post i contacted microsoft. They had me do the normal troubleshooting. Uninstall, clear system, reinstall, uninstall, del. Profile. Chear systm. Redownload profile. After all that they said that diablo needed a stability patch... i then contacted bilzzard.... after 4 redirects i got to the games online dept. Told them the whole story and guess what. They could do nothing.... so i did the following. I emptied my game chest. Made a mule char to hold 60 items i wanted. And guess what... that worked. I got from act 2 through the end credits solo and multiplayer with outa prob. I think it maybe a bug. Ive heard about possable duped items and gold. Maybe i had duped items from a player who dropped them for me i dunno. But after chearing my game chest and mulein the items it ran perfect.... let me know if it worked....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]