Diablo® III

Free Set Building Corner 2 [AVAILABLE]

MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
PLEASE CHECK THE POSTING FORMAT to make my life easier.

I'm sorry but I'll only accept 1b+ budget from now on.
-To save some time for myself and real life issues I need to attend to. I hope you guys understand. :)

Well I do miss playing but I can't just stop now.. Feel free to post here for questions or if you want me to build you a set.

Most of my clients give me the gold straight up so they can enjoy their time grinding away while I look blankly into my computer finding deals. @_@ But I prefer it much this way because this beats the difference in timezone and activity level.

I always strive for striking that perfect balance between DPS and eHP. The 5/5/5 principle not unless the client wants to have it otherwise. I can pretty much build you anything except for TR & S&B inspired monks. I haven't tried it personally. =(

You can also find me here with the people I've already helped. =)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9573279126?page=25

Important!!!:

Please post your details if you want some help. Example is provided below:

Dps=289k / ias = 54 / cc = 51 / cd = 490
eHP=485k / 465 all res / 5.1k armor / 52k life

Please post here first if you want some advice or service. I want to have a copy of your battletag for future reference. :) Don't shoot me a blind invite without posting here. Thanks! :)

I will update the status of this post to reflect the workload I have:

[Available] = Taking in requests
[Building] = Too many requests and I'm trying to cope

Basic Set Building Principles:
1. Use d3 stat calculators. There's a lot. I personally use www.d3up.com
2. The targets at paragon 100 are as follows.
a. Defensively: 500 All Resist / 5,000 Armor / 50,000 Life / 500,000 eHP
b. Offensively: 50 IAS / 50 CC / 500 CD / 200,000 DPS
3. You get some affixes cheaper on some item slots compared to others.
4. You should always build your items depending on the type of monk you want to be. (Nirvana / Cookie-cutter / TR)
5. Farming mp10 is nice but don't force it if your gear is not ready for it. Dying is not efficient.
6. While getting to the 200k DPS mark is nice, you can't really do damage when you're dead so balance it out with eHP.
Edited by AlphaShift14#1155 on 12/15/2013 10:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
As Just talked to you heres my mates gear so far. any tips on what he's lacking?. I might even procure your services.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Proasian-1207/hero/36958148
Reply Quote
Hey mate I would like to use your services with a full set build please.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
09/26/2013 04:37 AMPosted by AlCol007
Hey mate I would like to use your services with a full set build please.

How much budget do you have? Any build in mind?
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
09/26/2013 03:43 AMPosted by ReveVersant
As Just talked to you heres my mates gear so far. any tips on what he's lacking?. I might even procure your services.

Im out with my wife. Will post my 2 cents later.
Edited by AlphaShift14#1155 on 9/26/2013 6:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Oops sorry left out the main bits. 100mil budget and like the looks of nirvana, if possible with that budget.
Reply Quote
Hi Alpha

It's great that you are offering your set building skills for players that don't really know what to look for!

I am interested in getting a set made by you if you had the time. My budget is 325 million gold. No sure how far that will take me but monk is the next class i will be farming up!

I have a level 60 monk with various random gear attached - could you review to assess whether any are useful or not?

Thanks for the help!
Reply Quote
Hi Alpha! I kinda want more ehp/all res/survivability without losing much dps (sure, getting some more would be awesome, but i prefer losing 5-10k dps and survive thru more !@#$ ^^) ...
Budget is roughly 500m
What can you suggest/build/gear hunt for me?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/WiseW0LF-1429/hero/36178567
http://d3up.com/b/1039875

Thanks in advance
Edited by WiseW0LF#1429 on 9/26/2013 8:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
09/26/2013 06:23 AMPosted by Generalhan
I have a level 60 monk with various random gear attached - could you review to assess whether any are useful or not?

Sent you in game request.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
09/26/2013 03:43 AMPosted by ReveVersant

All res @ 344 with OWE is really low. Minimum should be at 500, recommended is 550.You can shed about 300 armor count as the paragon levels will take care of that as well as the vit for the life.Average damage on jewelry could help dps as well. Can put all res on helm and then put / stack a single res on shoulders and shoes.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
09/26/2013 07:33 AMPosted by WiseW0LF
Hi Alpha! I kinda want more ehp/all res/survivability without losing much dps (sure, getting some more would be awesome, but i prefer losing 5-10k dps and survive thru more !@#$ ^^) ...

Main problem is res. As mentioned on the post above. 500 is minimum and 550 is recommended. You can get a vile ward with high vit and 75+ all res, by doing that you can free up some vit affix on gear like the pants (you can get 70+ all res here). You can also try to look for a high dex / res bracer if you can come up with a high dex/vit shoulder. Aside from that, you can explore all res on gloves but that might be expensive and you'l lose a lot of DPS. Nice Hellfire ring. :)
Reply Quote
Thank you for your input, that confirms what I thought ^^
and thanks about the hellfire, was my first ever :P .... the other ones are !@#$ty as fk lol
Reply Quote
Hi alphashift14 I need help in looking for a better ring for me I prefer a ring with good resist and dps can you help me.find one thats better than mine? And a better witching hour with good resist and dps budget is 5ooM.. any advice on my gear? Add me up... pinoy dn ako
Reply Quote
Hi Alpha,

Just finished leveling up my monk and almost finished a somewhat budget build (just need to get a new nats ring)

Current stats are:
171k dps
44k life
666 AR (OWE)
4394 armor (STI)
46.5% CC
623% CD
41 total IAS
5.6% LS

I had quite a bit of difficulty on mp10 and I was wondering if anything jumps out at you on why I was dying so much. (mostly in arcane/plague etc.)

Is it my DPS being too low, or not enough life/armor or build or just not used to the playstyle?

If you have time I would like to just be able to ask you some questions and perhaps get your input on next gearing steps.

thanks!
Reply Quote
I'm just finished up gearing my monk as best I can. This is what she's wearing now with the current build.

I know I need better crafts, is that the main way you see for me to improve? Should I use my DE to craft or to make Marquise for my weapon?

I also have a Skorn:
1421 dps
1143-1700
310 Dex
141% CD
5.4 LS

Should I use the Skorn with a 2h build or are my 1h's ok for now. I've tried the TR Bell Nirvana builds and I still prefer my 1h's with the build I'm using.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
09/26/2013 12:06 PMPosted by Dragzz
Hi alphashift14 I need help in looking for a better ring for me I prefer a ring with good resist and dps can you help me.find one thats better than mine? And a better witching hour with good resist and dps budget is 5ooM.. any advice on my gear? Add me up... pinoy dn ako

Pre mukang alam mo naman na kelangan mo eh. :) You can find that on the AH. =P Nice monk. If you're hittting 550+ res then you're fine. :)
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
09/26/2013 01:46 PMPosted by sleepy
Is it my DPS being too low, or not enough life/armor or build or just not used to the playstyle?

Looking good for a budget. Very nice main hand. :) Are you face tanking the poison pools and arcane beams? Cause facetank monks are really expensive. On a side note the shoulders are very nice follows your res and all, But I think you can get a cheap one with higher dex and vit with cold res? Or the max for vit with cold res affix is 100 not really sure you can try that because for low paragon monks I think 4.5k armor is needed to balance it out. You can also try exploring adding ias, you might not be getting life back fast enough.
Edited by AlphaShift14#1155 on 9/26/2013 4:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
09/26/2013 02:03 PMPosted by ForceofWill
I'm just finished up gearing my monk as best I can. This is what she's wearing now with the current build.

Can you put your character information so I can have an overview?
Something like this:

Dps=289k / ias = 54 / cc = 51 / cd = 490
eHP=485k / 465 all res / 5.1k armor / 52k life

On a sidenote I think 2h nirvana is better for faster bell drops. :) Also you can try using STI to get your armor up. With a balance build it should be 5k.
Edited by AlphaShift14#1155 on 9/26/2013 4:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
d3up has my Char at:

162,957dps
34%ias
53.5% CC
301% CD

Ehp=236k / 424 AR / 3.5k armor / 32.9k life
Reply Quote
09/26/2013 04:05 PMPosted by AlphaShift14

Looking good for a budget. Very nice main hand. :) Are you face tanking the poison pools and arcane beams? Cause facetank monks are really expensive. On a side note the shoulders are very nice follows your res and all, But I think you can get a cheap one with higher dex and vit with cold res? Or the max for vit with cold res affix is 100 not really sure you can try that because for low paragon monks I think 4.5k armor is needed to balance it out. You can also try exploring adding ias, you might not be getting life back fast enough.

Thanks! Both weapons are loaners from friends, the gloves were self found, and pants I had ages ago for barb. Sure made the build a lot cheaper!

Yes I am face tanking the pools and beams, but I find it kind of hard to get away (maybe cause FOT is on right click?)

For shoulders you're talking about Viles right? I was testing and would need about 145 vit in order to have the same amount of life as my current ones. What would be the minimum stats you recommend for mp10? 550+ resists, 5k armor, 50k health?

Thanks again
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]