Diablo® III

Free Set Building Corner 2 [AVAILABLE]

Alpha this isn't meant to steal your thread or anything like that. But I noticed you said you have a hard time gearing for low budget sets. I myself started out low budget with the help of BladeMaster, he is very good at hitting all those 5/5/5 marks. I do not mind helping either since he showed me exactly what to look for and how to find good deals, where to place specific stats and where to sacrifice others. So if anyone wants some help I have no problem helping and if needed I can consult BladeMaster as well since we have become pretty good friends.

Also this is a friend that I have helped gear shortly after I was geared. Granted he did find a 6% crit mempo and I helped him with higher budget purchases once that sold. But if anyone needs proof that I at least know partially what I am doing, here it is.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TwoFaceKilla-1956/hero/3262218
Reply Quote
I've been working on my Monk lately, and I finally got her to where she is halfway decent on low MP, but I'd like to know if I am on the right track or what for getting to an MP10 build. Currently using Skorn, but I"m not really fond of it.

So hopefully I don't need a full rebuild, but can upgrade?

Thanks in advance.

eta: My life and Spirit regen really need work - I live off a mantra. Not good, I know.
Edited by Nephalem#1934 on 10/1/2013 12:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
10/01/2013 06:36 AMPosted by Aritha
*I'm in a quite weird time zone so i may only come online at your timings at weekends, or perhaps you could post here and tell me when my set is done so i can go and collect it. Thanks!*

Would not be a problem, and as practice I do use gear that I think I can work with. Sent you IGFR. :)
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
10/01/2013 12:23 PMPosted by Nephalem
I've been working on my Monk lately, and I finally got her to where she is halfway decent on low MP, but I'd like to know if I am on the right track or what for getting to an MP10 build. Currently using Skorn, but I"m not really fond of it.

I'm sorry to say but for mp10 you might need to do an overhaul. You're set up is missing bits and pieces of affixes on item slots needed for running mp 10.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
10/01/2013 09:06 AMPosted by Kashnere
Alpha this isn't meant to steal your thread or anything like that. But I noticed you said you have a hard time gearing for low budget sets. I myself started out low budget with the help of BladeMaster, he is very good at hitting all those 5/5/5 marks. I do not mind helping either since he showed me exactly what to look for and how to find good deals, where to place specific stats and where to sacrifice others. So if anyone wants some help I have no problem helping and if needed I can consult BladeMaster as well since we have become pretty good friends.

I remember this is now I started my own thread. :) What low budget range do you have in mind? It's not that I'm having difficulties doing it but it takes more time and searching for them. And I kinda feel bad when I don't hit the 200kdps/500keHP mark. =) So are you open in splitting the requests? I get 300m above and below I refer to you? And of course I want to make sure as well so I have to check in on you per set. Then maybe you can start a thred of your own? =P
Reply Quote
Hi! Could you guys give me any idea how to maximize my skill set to my current equipment? I just came back for over a month now and I'm still a little lost.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
Hello Alpha! I was referred to you by s friend and I'm in dire need of your assistance! I have a60(19) monk doing about 180 buffed and im looking get to the 200k mark and not dying so often on mp5+ my Battletag is BluntGuts22#1195 let me know if you can help in any way I have about 150 to spend and lots of gear to trade for mils! Thanks again!!
Reply Quote
10/01/2013 06:39 PMPosted by AlphaShift14
I'm sorry to say but for mp10 you might need to do an overhaul. You're set up is missing bits and pieces of affixes on item slots needed for running mp 10.

I'd like to see about getting as upgraded as I can then, maybe we can talk some time and figure out what is realistic on my budget of around 500 mil at the moment. MP10 would be nice, but realistically, MP-anything would be nice.
Reply Quote
Hey there Alpha so I added you but you're not online when I am it seems (I work full time and in a diff time zone) But I've got my monk to 60 and he has allt he gear I have on him (bar a few different weapons) can you have a look over it and let me know my priority upgrades , Also what kind of budget would I require to get him to a good level of dps while still keeping the Tank feel (i've been wanting a very tanky monk build) current is ~110k dps ~550k ehp without dodge calculated into it
Reply Quote
Wondering if you can help me get some more damage. I would like to get to the 200k mark if possible.
Currently at:
Dps=129k / ias = 26 / cc = 46.5 / cd = 490
eHP=521k / 498 all res(OWE) / 4.6k armor / 57k life

Seems I'm low on ias and armor but I'm not sure where to get more.I do enjoy dual wielding as apposed to a 2 hander. I looked into getting Tal's chest but for one in my price range I could gain about 3k dps but lose 4.6k life. Am I just best trying to craft upgrades at gloves, shoulders and bracers rather than looking on the AH? Should I be using an EF in my off hand instead of the rare? I only have about 120 mil to spend at the moment but may be able to get a little more. Thanks!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Kazuma0614-1463/hero/15926618
http://d3up.com/b/1064326
Reply Quote
10/01/2013 06:42 PMPosted by AlphaShift14

I remember this is now I started my own thread. :) What low budget range do you have in mind? It's not that I'm having difficulties doing it but it takes more time and searching for them. And I kinda feel bad when I don't hit the 200kdps/500keHP mark. =) So are you open in splitting the requests? I get 300m above and below I refer to you? And of course I want to make sure as well so I have to check in on you per set. Then maybe you can start a thred of your own? =P

That is fine by me :). Usually with around 300-500m you can get around 160-180k dps with just under or right around 500k eHP, it can be tough but find the right prices and you are good to go :). I will check back several times a day to see who has requested <300mil and I will work with them. I already had the thread bookmarked.:)
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
10/01/2013 09:13 PMPosted by Nephalem
I'd like to see about getting as upgraded as I can then, maybe we can talk some time and figure out what is realistic on my budget of around 500 mil at the moment. MP10 would be nice, but realistically, MP-anything would be nice.

FR sent. :)
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
10/01/2013 07:49 PMPosted by BIGATEN
Hi! Could you guys give me any idea how to maximize my skill set to my current equipment? I just came back for over a month now and I'm still a little lost.

Very good gear if you ask me. Can you post extra details like the following?

Dps=289k / ias = 54 / cc = 51 / cd = 490
eHP=485k / 465 all res / 5.1k armor / 52k life

Very nice crafts including the hellfire ring. :) Life too low for paragon 87. But I guess amethyst on helm will address that. Try running my build. It's trigen as of the moment. I hear its particularly effective on 2h monks.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
10/01/2013 07:50 PMPosted by BluntGuts22
Hello Alpha! I was referred to you by s friend and I'm in dire need of your assistance! I have a60(19) monk doing about 180 buffed and im looking get to the 200k mark and not dying so often on mp5+ my Battletag is BluntGuts22#1195 let me know if you can help in any way I have about 150 to spend and lots of gear to trade for mils! Thanks again!!

Can you also post stats on the ff: format:

Any of those gear you talk about for monk? Maybe we can use some of them.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
10/01/2013 11:17 PMPosted by Kazuma0614
Seems I'm low on ias and armor but I'm not sure where to get more.I do enjoy dual wielding as apposed to a 2 hander. I looked into getting Tal's chest but for one in my price range I could gain about 3k dps but lose 4.6k life. Am I just best trying to craft upgrades at gloves, shoulders and bracers rather than looking on the AH? Should I be using an EF in my off hand instead of the rare? I only have about 120 mil to spend at the moment but may be able to get a little more. Thanks!

I'll let you work with kashnere. And I will be working closely with to see if everything is working ok. :)

10/01/2013 11:49 PMPosted by Kashnere
I already had the thread bookmarked.:)

Thank you! :) Glad to hear you're onboard. Kazuma could use some help. :) So I'm entrusting him to you. Post your action plan first and we'll review them altogether. :)
Edited by AlphaShift14#1155 on 10/2/2013 1:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
10/01/2013 09:41 PMPosted by ReveVersant
Hey there Alpha so I added you but you're not online when I am it seems (I work full time and in a diff time zone) But I've got my monk to 60 and he has allt he gear I have on him (bar a few different weapons) can you have a look over it and let me know my priority upgrades , Also what kind of budget would I require to get him to a good level of dps while still keeping the Tank feel (i've been wanting a very tanky monk build) current is ~110k dps ~550k ehp without dodge calculated into it

Where are you from? :P LOL. I am from a different timezone as well cause I'm from asia. For the gear that we might be able to use I might need to look at that in game. If you are able to read this I can be online within the next 5-9 hours.
Reply Quote
I'm from australia so maybe same timezones. I work during day though. I'm on now for about an hour
Reply Quote
10/02/2013 01:24 AMPosted by AlphaShift14

Can you also post stats on the ff: format:

Any of those gear you talk about for monk? Maybe we can use some of them.

Hi, what is the formula of EHP?
Reply Quote
bought a new ring now at 2.09 aps just so you know.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]