Diablo® III

Questions for all Sever/MFD - Grim Reaper DHs

With all the good things I've heard about how fun, let alone not so cookie cutter, this build is, I've decided to give it a shot. A DH being able hold its own without a bow sounds quite appealing. :)

After seeing some videos of some Sever DHs in action and fiddling around with the skill calc for a bit, I was considering using this as an endgame skill set:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#QedgYR!aXf!abbYZb

However, after doing some more investigating, I've found a lot of DHs that tout how well the combo of Cluster Grenades and Nightstalker can keep their discipline pool full, especially for practically permanent Shadow Power which goes a long way in surviving Inferno.

My questions to all the experienced Sever DHs are would it be worthwhile to consider fitting Cluster Grenades into the above skill set so I'd have a way to maintain a healthy discipline pool? Perhaps replace Spike Trap with 'nades? Or just stack a lot of crit chance and rely on Chakram and Spike Trap alone?

Any input from you all would be appreciated, and that also includes proposing changes to the above skill set or even suggesting something totally different altogether. Thanks in advance guys. :)
Edited by Ryutei#1114 on 9/26/2013 12:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Impale.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHrRXV545QU
Reply Quote
Has anyone out there hit 200k dps with Sever?
Reply Quote
Its really not worth it... your DPS will always be lacking with Sever to make it worht it in high MP's
Reply Quote
View profile
10/06/2013 03:29 PMPosted by MrBlonde
Its really not worth it... your DPS will always be lacking with Sever to make it worht it in high MP's

So?

Then don't play high MPs with it. I don't see the problem.

Game is essentially the same MP1 onward, as that's where the mob density turns on.
Reply Quote
View profile
10/06/2013 04:14 PMPosted by ActionKungfu

So?

Game is essentially the same MP1 onward, as that's where the mob density turns on.

But but...mp10 proves that my 'nyan' is bigger than yours!!
Reply Quote
I could do it at mp7.. and that was pushing it.

You really can't/shouldn't go any higher.

Used cull the weak to amp its damage and over penetration on impale to make hitting marked targets tolerable.

Fan of knives + hail of knives to apply slow to all of them -> finish marked target = huge crit.

25% to demons (on sever) and doing a3/a4 were crucial, so was cold impale SoJ for this imo.
Edited by nirgon#1278 on 10/7/2013 8:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I am in the market for some GG impale jewelry. I have been using chakram and sever with some of my monk gear, but I think I would like to go impale. I would be curious to see if there is a top sever DH out there, I would consider trading my top monk LTK set.

LTK guide: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8796269855?page=1
Edited by Sheldor#1759 on 10/8/2013 4:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote

So?

And that's where this build really shines when played right - in areas with high mob density. :) I really didn't see myself playing in any MPs beyond 5 or so although I might try a higher MP when playing in a group. So far though, this has proven to a be a fun build to play, especially for something not so cookie cutter. Thanks for all the input, everyone. :)
Edited by Ryutei#1114 on 10/8/2013 1:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
10/06/2013 04:14 PMPosted by ActionKungfu

So?

Except for the massive xp and magic/gold find bonuses, sure.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]