Diablo® III

The other Diablo 3 game

Have you seen the screens of Blizzard North's version of Diablo 3? Follow this link: http://diablo.incgamers.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/600.

Looks cool. Camera angle is too low but the design looks pretty nice and is more remiscent of D2 I think. Several screens seems to take place in Heaven, by the angelic statues. An interesting detail I find is that the statues are depicting angels with human heads. Same with the mana orb in UI which shows an angel with a face, just like in D2. Personally I find it more compelling that angels look human, and Tyrael's faceless appearence in D2 was simply because humans can't fathom the appearence of an angel.
Fascinating stuff, too bad that the devs of D3 choose to make this the standard look of all angels, even their statues in Heaven.
Reply Quote
View profile
Maybe it doesn't take place in Heaven?

Another Archangel (Hadriel) appeared in D2 and he looked just like Tyrael.
Reply Quote
No! A pox on you and your questioning! ;)
Kidding, you're absolutely true about Hadriel :)
Reply Quote
View profile
That reminds me: have you heard of Curse of Tristram?

It's a recreation of Diablo II on the StarCraft II engine, but the author plans to add an sixth act based on the Blizzard North terrain, should the final stretch goal gets reached.
Reply Quote
09/26/2013 12:13 AMPosted by Solidpontus
An interesting detail I find is that the statues are depicting angels with human heads.

They have the feathery wings too. Here's an interesting article from Forbes titled "The Diablo 3 that Never Was":
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/05/28/the-diablo-iii-that-never-was/

You might have already read it.
Edited by Starblazer#1223 on 10/3/2013 11:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]