Diablo® III

Barb Pro Advice Please - HOTA / Skorn Barb

Hello.

So I have been back playing my barb for a week or so now after a year off. I upgraded some of my gear and changed my build...

Just wanted your pro barb advice...

1. I can NOT constantly run HOTA. If I make an effort to run around pack after pack then I can keep it going but it takes effort to keep HOTA up.

2. I also am NOT sure about the attack speed breakpoints. I know once I get to a certain attack speed, then I might be at that next level. I tried reading up some of the forum posts here about it but I'm pretty retarded when it comes to #'s and how they apply to my barb.

3. I know I am NOT even close to MP10 yet as I still have deaths in MP5, but with more paragon leveling and increased stats. I hope to soon run MP10. I was actually carried by a LEET barb on MP10 ubers with all 3 gates but could NOT keep from dying constantly.

Your help with gear, upgrades, build, and info about the attack speed would be greatly appreciated.
Reply Quote
The sticky has the link to the skorn AS breakpoints. Use the chart for your 11% IAS Skorn. Your dps is about the same as mine, and I can do mp10 (not terribly easily though). I suspect your EHP needs work. Your EHP is less than 500K, so that's a priority here. I'd gun for 700k. Mine is a bit low too, which is my problem.
Reply Quote
Thanks Pry. Not getting any help on the forums w/ this post lol.
Reply Quote
You're off to a pretty good start gearwise, and it's probably largely just a lack of practice. As far as breakpoints go, you have 34% IAS on gear right now. 26% is enough for your current breakpoint, but you need 6% for the next one up. For the time being, I probably wouldn't worry about it.

The long-term route would be to get a crit mempo and it would take care of it. Cheaper route would be ice climbers + inna's, but it'd disrupt the balance you've achieved with your gear whether you meant to or not. There are a lot of other little adjustments I'd make...mostly to get a lot more strength everywhere and to bump up the amount of HotA cost reduction on your SoJ. (I wouldn't bother with cold for Skorn unless you have the budget to afford it with high reduction)

For now, put the amethyst in your ring in your helm, and the ruby in the ring, and start out practicing in MP8 weeping hollow act 1. (This is the easiest zone for a ww barb in the game in my experience, and where I usually bring first timers to teach them)

You're selling your gear short, it's a lot better than you give it credit for. MP10 isn't something I'd likely do much with it, but at MP5, you're going to make things hard on yourself just because of how quickly stuff will die.

Feel free to add me if you want to do some hands on practicing of ww/hota.
Reply Quote
Thanks Silver.

Had the ruby in helm just for experience gain for paragon level farming. That and my crappy hellfire. I have a Amythyst in chest for the helm when I need it.

Guess I need to practice a bit more.

Thanks again for the encouragement.
Reply Quote
Thanks Silver.

Had the ruby in helm just for experience gain for paragon level farming. That and my crappy hellfire. I have a Amythyst in chest for the helm when I need it.

Guess I need to practice a bit more.

Thanks again for the encouragement.

It won't be doing you much good in terms of experience if you're dying with it. Hellfire and ruby are okay IF they don't gimp your gameplay in any other way.
Reply Quote
Ya I just use the ruby / hellfire when farming keys mp5 or paragon levels at mp1 and I do okay with em.

Not sure if at P100, id be fine w/ current gear at MP10. Minus the hellfire and Amethyst in helm.
Edited by EmE#1152 on 9/27/2013 3:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]