Diablo® III

Breakpoint Noob

Sup?
I just started to play D3 again, and made a barb. I'm currently doing mp10 with a skorn, clearing trash pretty easily.

I was reading posts about break points, and tried to follow some of the people, explaining break points and there math calculation.

I'm not very good with math, and after reading some posts over and over, I'm still lost. Can anyone explain to me how break points work and what I should be looking for. I understand that sometimes adding more IAS will not tick faster... that you have to hit the "breakpoint" to make more dmg.

I'm not sure if I have to manually caluclate my dps to figure this stuff out. Please explain it, in away, I can follow step by step.

Thanks Barbs!
Reply Quote
Sup?
I just started to play D3 again, and made a barb. I'm currently doing mp10 with a skorn, clearing trash pretty easily.

I was reading posts about break points, and tried to follow some of the people, explaining break points and there math calculation.

I'm not very good with math, and after reading some posts over and over, I'm still lost. Can anyone explain to me how break points work and what I should be looking for. I understand that sometimes adding more IAS will not tick faster... that you have to hit the "breakpoint" to make more dmg.

I'm not sure if I have to manually caluclate my dps to figure this stuff out. Please explain it, in away, I can follow step by step.

Thanks Barbs!

I'll let some of the more seasoned Barbs explain it better to you, but I do know your aps (*edit*) needs to be atleast 1.45 for the first breaking point and your crit chance needs to be high. If your crit chances aren't high enough, then you won't be able to heal yourself fast enough.
Edited by Destrukt#1395 on 9/26/2013 4:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
There is a breakpoint at 1.00 APS. With a Skorn, this is how fast you swing with no attack speed on gear.

The next breakpoint is at 1.06 APS. In order to reach this breakpoint, you need 6% attack speed on gear.

If you have 5% attack speed on gear, you won't reach the 1.06 APS breakpoint, and you won't be swinging any faster than if you had no attack speed on gear at all.

The next breakpoint is at 1.12 APS. You need 12% attack speed on gear to reach this. If you have 11% IAS, you won't swing any faster than if you had 6%.

And so on.
Reply Quote
go into d3rawr.com

import your profile and acitvate WOTB

Go to skill damage and look at the WW skill you will see breakpoint in blue small print - click on this and it'll tell you exactly what you need for each breakpoint.

How do you import? Is there a file d3 creates?
Reply Quote
09/26/2013 04:21 PMPosted by Planet
did it for you, but you click on armory import and type in your battletag

Thanks Man!
Reply Quote
See, I told you the seasoned barbs would take care of you! I actually just learned some things too =D I am at 1.54 aps w/ Skorn which puts me at 5 ticks and is good enough to keep my behind alive!
Reply Quote
So now that know what Aps I need for each break point, how do I know what gear to get and stats, to achieve this?
Reply Quote
Planet, would u know a good site to check how much UnID's go for... was thinking of selling UnID's, but not sure how much to sell them for.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]