Hi ive had D3 since launch on console, I didnt play PC version. I did D1 & D2 though. Anyways I have been reading the forums and have some quesions for Xbox 360 version.
1. How do you stack nephalem valor.
2. How, where and when can you do infernal machine
3. The Whymeshire thing please explain how to get items and do you have to be a certain lvl?
4. Can I use the character I have offline on Xbox Live?
5. Is their endgame material?
Sorry its alot but thanks to anyone that can clarify these things with me
1) After hitting level 60, every time you kill an Elite or Rare mob (Blue named and yellow named) you automatically get 1 stack of nephalem valor, and is shown as a treasure chest type buff. This can stack to 3, and each one add 25% magic find and gold find
2) Infernal machine is a bit of a process. First you need to be level 60, and in Inferno Difficulty. Then for EACH infernal machine you want to make you need three different keys. These keys are dropped by Keywardens. The kkeywardens are in random location on specific maps. Act 1 Fields of Misery, Act 2 Dalghur Oasis, Act 3 Stone Fort. In addition to getting keys from them, there is a keywarden in Act 4 Silver Spire (1 I think) that drops the plan to make the Infernal Machine, and can drop a random key. That all being said the keys and plans are only 100% drops on Master 5 (correct me if I'm wrong), but 50% on Master 1, and some % below that (I have gotten a key in medium inferno). After that you take the keys to the blacksmith, make an infernal machine, then you ask someone else what to do next, because I've not actually done the bosses.
3) Whimseyshire, AKA Ponyland requires you to go through some, sometimes grueling, steps to put together a Staff of Herding. So first the plans for the normal Staff of Herding drops from Izual in Act 4, but again, it's not a 100% drop. Then you need 3 other components to make it, two of which are completely random. First is the Black Mushroom, spawns in one of the areas of Act 1, don't remember which. Second, buy Wirt's bell from Squirt in Act 2. Last, go to Act 3, and pray that you find the dungeon Caverns of Frost, and then pray harder that the mob "Chiltara" shows up, so you can kill her, and loot the Gibbering Gemstone. Then you go to the Blacksmith, and make the staff of Herding. HOWEVER, the base staff of herding will only get you into normal Ponyland. To get into nightmare, hell, and inferno ponyland you need to go buy the plans for them from the merchant in the top left corner of the keep near your companions in Act 3. After you have the required Staff of Herding, go to Act 1, use the teleporter to go to Old tristram, proceed West out the gate, there is a hole in the ground just south and west of Old Tristram with a skeleton laying on the ground, then you can figure out the rest.
4) Yes...probably...ask someone else who has Xcrap
5) The endgame is getting Paragon 100, and the best loot possible.