Diablo® III

A few questions please

Hi ive had D3 since launch on console, I didnt play PC version. I did D1 & D2 though. Anyways I have been reading the forums and have some quesions for Xbox 360 version.

1. How do you stack nephalem valor.
2. How, where and when can you do infernal machine
3. The Whymeshire thing please explain how to get items and do you have to be a certain lvl?
4. Can I use the character I have offline on Xbox Live?
5. Is their endgame material?

Sorry its alot but thanks to anyone that can clarify these things with me
Reply Quote
81 Goblin Shaman
1. Kill more stuff = more stacks (up to 3). There's a few ways to get another stack - kill elite, kill boss, open resplendent chest, kill treasure goblin.

2. http://www.diablowiki.net/Infernal_Machine

3. http://www.diablowiki.net/Staff_of_Herding

4. No idea about XBL specifics, sorry.

5. From what I understand the Infernal Machine event is sort of all there is for endgame material (because you need to do it on a very high Master level to have a good chance at keys).
Reply Quote
3 - Console requires less items.

4 - yes

5 - master levels and infernal machine, that's all
Oh and PVP!!!!

I mean, brawling.
Edited by Griffith#1876 on 9/27/2013 11:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hi ive had D3 since launch on console, I didnt play PC version. I did D1 & D2 though. Anyways I have been reading the forums and have some quesions for Xbox 360 version.

1. How do you stack nephalem valor.
2. How, where and when can you do infernal machine
3. The Whymeshire thing please explain how to get items and do you have to be a certain lvl?
4. Can I use the character I have offline on Xbox Live?
5. Is their endgame material?

Sorry its alot but thanks to anyone that can clarify these things with me

1) After hitting level 60, every time you kill an Elite or Rare mob (Blue named and yellow named) you automatically get 1 stack of nephalem valor, and is shown as a treasure chest type buff. This can stack to 3, and each one add 25% magic find and gold find

2) Infernal machine is a bit of a process. First you need to be level 60, and in Inferno Difficulty. Then for EACH infernal machine you want to make you need three different keys. These keys are dropped by Keywardens. The kkeywardens are in random location on specific maps. Act 1 Fields of Misery, Act 2 Dalghur Oasis, Act 3 Stone Fort. In addition to getting keys from them, there is a keywarden in Act 4 Silver Spire (1 I think) that drops the plan to make the Infernal Machine, and can drop a random key. That all being said the keys and plans are only 100% drops on Master 5 (correct me if I'm wrong), but 50% on Master 1, and some % below that (I have gotten a key in medium inferno). After that you take the keys to the blacksmith, make an infernal machine, then you ask someone else what to do next, because I've not actually done the bosses.

3) Whimseyshire, AKA Ponyland requires you to go through some, sometimes grueling, steps to put together a Staff of Herding. So first the plans for the normal Staff of Herding drops from Izual in Act 4, but again, it's not a 100% drop. Then you need 3 other components to make it, two of which are completely random. First is the Black Mushroom, spawns in one of the areas of Act 1, don't remember which. Second, buy Wirt's bell from Squirt in Act 2. Last, go to Act 3, and pray that you find the dungeon Caverns of Frost, and then pray harder that the mob "Chiltara" shows up, so you can kill her, and loot the Gibbering Gemstone. Then you go to the Blacksmith, and make the staff of Herding. HOWEVER, the base staff of herding will only get you into normal Ponyland. To get into nightmare, hell, and inferno ponyland you need to go buy the plans for them from the merchant in the top left corner of the keep near your companions in Act 3. After you have the required Staff of Herding, go to Act 1, use the teleporter to go to Old tristram, proceed West out the gate, there is a hole in the ground just south and west of Old Tristram with a skeleton laying on the ground, then you can figure out the rest.

4) Yes...probably...ask someone else who has Xcrap

5) The endgame is getting Paragon 100, and the best loot possible.
Reply Quote
1. Kill more stuff = more stacks (up to 3). There's a few ways to get another stack - kill elite, kill boss, open resplendent chest, kill treasure goblin.

2. http://www.diablowiki.net/Infernal_Machine

3. http://www.diablowiki.net/Staff_of_Herding

4. No idea about XBL specifics, sorry.

5. From what I understand the Infernal Machine event is sort of all there is for endgame material (because you need to do it on a very high Master level to have a good chance at keys).

I'll add a bit more detail and clarify some things on this.

1.) When you get Naphlem Valor it will Stack Automatically - No requirement on you behalf other than getting it, and doing it before timer runs out. You can see how much time is on it when you go to char screen. It lists the buffs and how long until it runs out. Stacking another Nephlem Valor extends the time.

2.) Nothing to add

3.) Leoric's Shinbone and Liquid Rainbow are NOT required for the Staff of Herding on Console - Don't try to farm as them won't drop.

4.) Yes, on both consoles you can play your character Offline and Online (same character.) On xbox you will need a XBL Gold account to play online.

5.) Paragoning, Better equipment, Stuff you mentioned.
Reply Quote
1- you can get stacks of nephalem valor by killing an elite pack, opening a resplendent chest, or completing an event.

2- you can do the infernal machine, or ubers, in inferno. to do this you must first collect a key from each keywarden and the plans to create the infernal machine from the a4 keywarden.
the act 1 keywarden is in the fields of misery
the act 2 keywarden is in the dalgur oasis
the act 3 keywarden is in stonefort
the act 4 keywarden is in silver spire lvl 1
remember, you must have 3 stacks of nephalem valor to have a chance at a key/plans
also the chance to get a drop is directly related to the difficulty you are playing at
easy = 5%
medium = 20% (I'm not 100% about the percentages on medium and hard)
hard = 40%
master 1 =60%
master 2 = 70%
master 3 = 80%
master 4 = 90%
master 5 = 100%

once you have 1 key from each act and the plans are taught to your blacksmith you can create the infernal machine. after you have this you go to the house in new tristram (a1) next to the healer and on use it will be destroyed and a portal will open leading to one of three encounters. they have a chance to drop an organ, one per encounter, that are used to create a hellfire ring.

the link posted will give you all the exact details, i just posted a simplified version due to some changes because of the nature of the console version.

3- wimsyshire that link will give you all the info you need, although note that leorics shinbone and liquid rainbow are not required nor are they in the console version.

4-yes you can use your offline char on xbox live

5-earing paragon level and grinding for gear and working towards master level 5 is the endgame, you can also pvp with your friends.
Reply Quote
Damn, didnt expect so much help. Thanks everyone that clears everything up for me. I just got my alt monk to nightmare and in act , 3 legendarys dropped iwithin 30 mins. Puzzle ring, lai yuis taiji plan and a weapon. Crazy
Reply Quote
Damn I want a puzzle ring so much! XD

and a soj. neither dropped so far
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]