Diablo® III

The Best and Easiest Fix To WotB Issue

So when we're playing solo, nobody is affected by how we play when we're in zerk mode. Other players only complain about us being OP when we're playing with others. So why not simply put a hard cap (say... 30 seconds) to ToC rune for WotB only when the barbarian is in a game with other players or when we're in a public game? :-)

No more QQ'ing from other players for sure then and we still get to keep our beloved WotB when we play solo (which is how I play 90% of the time).

Yaay!
Reply Quote
Nubtro has already made this suggestion on multiple occasions....but it seems that without Into the Fray giving any fury back per crit this is somewhat of a moot point....there are ways that the fury exchange rate would be plausible to perm-zerk with mighty weapons/ weapon master, IK bonuses, boosts from Templar with resource regeneration, etc. even without Into the Fray, but with the change of not only ToC, but also WW and Into the Fray....it will be a completely different build when the expansion releases. It seems as though Blizzard is completely disassembling the build as we know it, and they aren't interested in just a small tweak here or there.
Reply Quote
What I'm saying is simply put a hard cap on Toc when barbs are in public/group games. No need to change anything else. :-)

Leave my barbarian alone Blizzard!
Reply Quote
Make TOC drain fury at increasing increments the longer its active.

Complete double edge sword. Burning the precious fury you are trying to conserve.
Reply Quote
WotB isn't broken, all the other classes have numerous underpowered issues with their skills.

Here's a thought, what about allowing CM/WW wizards to insta tele around like Sorcs did in D2?

Maybe then Barbs and Wizs will race to see who gets first dibs on the elite packs throughout the chapter?

Or maybe Blizz should plainly state they do NOT want to pursue the same style of gameplay that is found in D2LoD. Honestly they should be saying they want D3 to be more like WoW because Tanks are necessary for groups to have fun.
Reply Quote
WotB isn't broken, all the other classes have numerous underpowered issues with their skills.

Just an honest question here, have you even permawrathed before?
Reply Quote

Tried it, harder to substain than it's made out to be
Reply Quote

Running a ww build with the right gear makes it stupidly simple. When people refer to the broken aspects of barbs and their OP builds, they are mainly referring to permawrath and WW/RLTW.
Reply Quote

Running a ww build with the right gear makes it stupidly simple. When people refer to the broken aspects of barbs and their OP builds, they are mainly referring to permawrath and WW/RLTW.

What some folks would call stupidly, they mean stupidly for wowlike gameplay. Let me ask you an honest question. Did you have 3 or more level 99's in D2?
Reply Quote

What some folks would call stupidly, they mean stupidly for wowlike gameplay. Let me ask you an honest question. Did you have 3 or more level 99's in D2?

Nope, I only had one 99, a barb, and a 90 (sorc) and a couple 80s, (sin/druid) oh, a level 60 or something pali.

I can see your fishing for an argument.

While I applaud you trying to stick up for a class and its builds and functionality, perhaps you should get acquainted with how it works, and all the ins and outs of it, before making opinions.
Reply Quote

Nope, I only had one 99, a barb, and a 90 (sorc) and a couple 80s, (sin/druid) oh, a level 60 or something pali.

I can see your fishing for an argument.

While I applaud you trying to stick up for a class and its builds and functionality, perhaps you should get acquainted with how it works, and all the ins and outs of it, before making opinions.

I appreciate your civil responses and I'm not fishing for an argument, I'm sticking up for the gameplay style found in D2. There are lines in the sand and there's probably is no solution other than agree to disagree.

I do believe that there is a huge problem for Blizz to replicate the fun packed and utter non-wowlike style of D2 , but counterpoints to their present approach should be made nevertheless.

Personally I hope they take some of their profits and produce a legacy version of D2.
Reply Quote
Life steal, Into the Fray, and perma-wrath free us from the restrictions of dying, generating fury, and crowd control effects. Hurricane provides us with the ability to ignore monster collision. We're completely invincible... how is that fun or challenging?

What's left to cover with our gear? We just stack damage. Look at my skills and items (on the level 70), you probably could have guessed what it was without even looking at it.

With the expansion, they are giving us a chance to come up with amazing and unique builds, if you've see the latest datamined info. Lifesteal, wrath and into the fray won't be there to lock our skill bar and force us to remove any thought process from the game. We should thank Blizzard for that, unless you like solo farming mp10 mindlessly and endlessly for a sliver of chance to find a decent drop.
Reply Quote

With the expansion, they are giving us a chance to come up with amazing and unique builds, if you've see the latest datamined info. Lifesteal, wrath and into the fray won't be there to lock our skill bar and force us to remove any thought process from the game. We should thank Blizzard for that,

Or make us quit altogether... This is a complete nerf, nothing been buff on those useless skills that barb have except war cry... They want a complete build I have nothing to say, but seriously leave our passive alone... (The new ruthless is seriously BS, might as well remove it?)

Yeah we should "thanks" Blizz for that...

I am most likely going crusader
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]