Diablo® III

History of Westmarch

I've been writing a series of lore articles to expand the story of some of the people, places and happenings in the upcoming expansion. There is so much story behind the scenes in the Diablo series that don't get included in the games and I want to try and bring some of it to the forefront.

This week I wrote about the history of Westmarch so that we might know a little bit more about the setting of the beginning of Act V.

http://www.blizzpro.com/blog/2013/09/29/ortsol-the-history-of-westmarch/

If you liked it please check out some of my other other articles on the Paladins and Crusaders and some of the speculation I did prior to the announcement of Reaper of Souls.
Reply Quote
Great little post you have here. Really great. The Hand of Zakarum post as well. Please, continue to make these and post them here.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I've been writing a series of lore articles to expand the story of some of the people, places and happenings in the upcoming expansion. There is so much story behind the scenes in the Diablo series that don't get included in the games and I want to try and bring some of it to the forefront.

This week I wrote about the history of Westmarch so that we might know a little bit more about the setting of the beginning of Act V.

If you liked it please check out some of my other other articles on the Paladins and Crusaders and some of the speculation I did prior to the announcement of Reaper of Souls.
That is a really great and informative article you put together on Westmarch, Neinball! Thanks for sharing it!

If you're curious about some of the lore surrounding Diablo III and Reaper of Souls, make sure to check out Diablo III: Book of Tyrael, which comes out later this month. As Reaper of Souls draws closer, we'll also be sharing even more in-depth information on the locations you'll be exploring in the coming expansion. :)
Reply Quote
i love incgamers podcast, keep up the good work man :D
Reply Quote
ty at the time i am reading the books because i wanne know more about the lore thank you for posting this i think i am in love with the lore about this game :)
Reply Quote
10/01/2013 01:24 PMPosted by Chris
Great little post you have here. Really great. The Hand of Zakarum post as well. Please, continue to make these and post them here.

Don't you worry, I still got a few more planned centered toward RoS, but I'll keep going on other lore topics in the future.

10/01/2013 04:23 PMPosted by kamVINCI
i love incgamers podcast, keep up the good work man :D

Thanks! Schedules haven't worked out for the last few, but I'll still be around for more.

10/01/2013 05:25 PMPosted by dutchy666
ty at the time i am reading the books because i wanne know more about the lore thank you for posting this i think i am in love with the lore about this game :)

I just finished re-reading the Legacy of Blood and probably going to skip some and hit up the the Zayl novels or the Order before Blizzcon to refresh my memory on some of them. Writing the piece on Westmarch showed me just how much I had forgotten in Moon of the Spider.

That is a really great and informative article you put together on Westmarch, Neinball! Thanks for sharing it!

If you're curious about some of the lore surrounding Diablo III and Reaper of Souls, make sure to check out [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/9871961"]Diablo III: Book of Tyrael[/url], which comes out later this month. As Reaper of Souls draws closer, we'll also be sharing even more in-depth information on the locations you'll be exploring in the coming expansion. :)

Oh I got mine on pre-order, I LOVED the Book of Cain and cannot wait for Tyrael's. I'll also be interested in what you guys have prepared going up until launch.

I was impressed with the quality of the short stories for D3 and Heart of the Swarm, hoping for more of those!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]