Diablo® III

Can't survive Uber Zoltun & Siegebreaker

Hi guys,

It been almost a year since i last play D3. Just got back to it recently and find myself so out of touch. I look at my gear and it seem decent (to me anyway).

So any advise on how to take on the uber mention above? How to not get 1 shot by the stupid Zoltun while keep the damage output?

I'm not into a tanky DH build. So any advise on increase damage and survival will be great.
Edited by DarkPhoenix#6735 on 9/26/2013 5:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hi guys,

It been almost a year since i last play D3. Just got back to it recently and find myself so out of touch. I look at my gear and it seem decent (to me anyway).

So any advise on how to take on the uber mention above? How to not get 1 shot by the stupid Zoltun while keep the damage output?

I'm not into a tanky DH build. So any advise on increase damage and survival will be great.

On what MP? Solo or group? How many in group?

I only do unbers at MP 9 or 10 and only if we have a full game of 4 useful characters. I generally use Bola - Thunder Ball to keep Kulle as stunned as possible. If he gets loose he will likely kill everyone. If he gets loose for more then 30 seconds straight and doesn't kill everyone, your MP isn't high enough. Not sure about Siege Breaker because someone else in the group is usually keeping him busy. I do notice he seems to have some serious thorns going on, so Gloom it up before shooting at him.
Edited by DoubleD#1397 on 9/26/2013 5:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
For solo run: 2 turrets and boar do the job while you run like a chicken :) Use reduced Vault, Night Stalker to return disc, Rapid Fire (FS) to main damage and retrun life under Gloom.

In group... I use 3 or 4 skill combos depending who runs with me.

Tip: go and try Zoltun and Siegebreaker in game quests, find mp you OK with, drop level down and own ubers. Also it helps to master skills
Reply Quote
MP5 and I ran with a monk.

If it about skill, then i'm rusty. I used to run Uber MP5 with my friend in the past. Guess a year of inactive make us rusty.

How is my gear guys? Is there anything that isn't up to date? Is Crit chance, Crit damage and Atk speed still the most effective stat? And how not to get 1 shot from Zoltun as I am fine with kiting Siegebreaker. In fact i got his HP down to 2/3 before Zoltun tele to me and 1 shot me.
Reply Quote
are you talking about your athena monk? if so...i can see the problem. 22k hp, is incredibly low. mp5-mp10 ubers and elites can usually oneshot at that hp range. cc ccd and atk speed are still the most effect stat yes, but it is all useless in the end if u cannot take a hit
Reply Quote
09/26/2013 08:33 PMPosted by Tamman
are you talking about your athena monk? if so...i can see the problem. 22k hp, is incredibly low. mp5-mp10 ubers and elites can usually oneshot at that hp range. cc ccd and atk speed are still the most effect stat yes, but it is all useless in the end if u cannot take a hit

No, I mean i used my DH and ran with a friend who use monk. He can tank OK.
Reply Quote
View profile
Agree there about the turrets. One of the under rated skills that I use against ubers and when grenading...
Reply Quote
ur dh has 29k hp, which is also extremely low as well. as u go higher in the mp levels, hp starts to mean alot more, coupled with dps, since u want to kill things quicker, and survive longer
Reply Quote
09/26/2013 08:53 PMPosted by Tamman
ur dh has 29k hp, which is also extremely low as well. as u go higher in the mp levels, hp starts to mean alot more, coupled with dps, since u want to kill things quicker, and survive longer

So what is the minimum threshold for MP5 for both HP and DPS? And with my current gear, what do I need to do to get to that threshold.
Reply Quote
dead man's legacy: can usually find good ones with better dex and vit, 190 vit is a bit low for dml's

as for the rest of the stuff, u have the right gears (with the exception of the helm and belt...belt, u need to find a witching hour, and helm, mempo's atm are the best), u just need to get more vitality. what are ur resistances atm as well?

as for mp5 for hp and dps, i'de say 35-40k should be fine for hp. i mean i have 55k atm in mp10 and i survive just fine, but i also have 612 resist and 240k dps so i kill monsters quicker and dont give them the opportunity to do as much dmg to me. but even 55k on mp10 is low, always feel like i need more hp. mp5, havent played in it as much to be able to suggest to you anything really but general tips. im sure someone more knowledgable than me will come in and either correct me or give yah better tips. also same problem i have, u have: manticores...need 2 sockets. they lose alot of dps with 1 socket, as i have seen with my own manticore experience.
Edited by Tamman#1849 on 9/26/2013 9:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/26/2013 08:58 PMPosted by DarkPhoenix
So what is the minimum threshold for MP5 for both HP and DPS? And with my current gear, what do I need to do to get to that threshold.

I always do simple test (i did should say): wp to old Tristram, right next to waypoint there are fat mobs don't remember names, don't attack and get them hit you. On mp level you want to play, you should survive 3-4 hits. Benchmark for EHP :)
Edited by Defender#1772 on 9/26/2013 10:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]