Diablo® III

End gear: Nat chest verus Inna chest

Hi I start a new DH that is now level 39. I am preparing to buy gear for MP8+

For players using Nat chest as end game, can you advise why? I read the guide for DH but there is little information on the chest.

What i know about Inna chest end game gear is
160+ dex
270+ vitality
12% life
Damage reduction melee 6%

The benefit with the Nat is the bonus 130 dex (using with Nat ring and Nat boots). So if the chest rolls 150+ dex, this means with the bonus = 150+130 =280 dex., wihch is significant.
Howver, the vitality roll is pretty low compare to Inna.
Should I also add the AR in the Nat chest along with highest vitality?

Thx
Edited by larage#2111 on 9/27/2013 5:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
-Both chest pieces can roll the same exact randoms as far as stats/AR. The ONLY difference is that Nats chest can roll discipline
-Innas 2 piece bonus is the same as Nats 3 piece bonus.
-The only difference with stats is that Innas comes with 6% melee reduction, while Nats comes with a Skill bonus.
-For comparable stats, Innas chest is cheaper

So here are the rules of thumb:
1) If you don't have Nats' 2 set bonus (7% CC) yet, get Nats chest.
2) If you want +max discipline, get Nats chest. No matter what some people will tell you, it's all about your personal preference. Some people NEED +max disc, others can make do without it. In the end, it comes down to 10 Max discipline vs. up to 200 stat points. It's your choice.
3) If you use any of the skills that Nats chest can come with (usually Spike traps or Strafe), then get Nats. The +skill bonus is one of the greatest rolls on any item.
4) If you already have Innas 2 piece bonus (belt+pants), get Nats. This also applies if you want to get Nats 3 set (ring/boots/chest) AND Innas 2 set (pants+belt).

However if you use a typical build with Nats Boots, Nats ring, Witching hour and Innas pants, and you don't want Max disc and don't use traps/strafe, then Innas chest is better because:
-It's cheaper
-Melee reduction is very good for your ehp
Reply Quote
Thanks Ragnar,
On thing is sure is that I am gonna use calamity with a ruby. Therefore, I would go with the WH because of the CHD. You made a good point about bonus inna on dex Inna chest with Inna pant.
I am still unsure whether I should put the max discp 10 on nat chest or on DML.
I tend not to put AR on chest cus apparently, it lowers the vitality high stat.
I plan to use RF but there is no RF skill on nat chest... Sad.
Edited by larage#2111 on 9/27/2013 6:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks Ragnar,
On thing is sure is that I am gonna use calamity with a ruby. Therefore, I would go with the WH because of the CHD.
Not always the best way, for example if you take my Calam DH:
-8% holy from Inna's belt is 26K DPS, 1%cc =4K, total 30K, 50% CD from WH is 33k
-It's much cheaper/easier to get high dex Innas Belt, even a bit of Vit. If you take my 170/60 Innas belt, I get extra 130 dex from set bonus, giving me a total of 300 dex, 60 vit and 250 armor. If we assume your WH is 150 dex (which is already pricey), that gives a difference of 150 dex vs. 8/9% IAS. For me, 150dex = 15k dps, 9% ias = 22.5k DPS.
Then you consider EHP. armor/vit from Innas is about~28K EHP bonus.. which would be equivalent to around 60 AR. In short, in order to slightly exceed Innas in DPS and match it in terms of EHP, you're looking at a witching hour: 9% IAS, ~50% CD, 150 dex and 60AR. That's an expensive item.

All of those calculations also assume that you actually NEED the attack speed from WH. Some RF Calamity DHs, like D3M0N, like high aps (3.34 breakpoint). I like being a bit slower (2.5), but hit much harder.. hence the high dex and plethora of +avg dmg.

You made a good point about bonus inna on dex Inna chest with Inna pant.
I am still unsure whether I should put the max discp 10 on nat chest or on DML.
I tend not to put AR on chest cus apparently, it lowers the vitality high stat.
I plan to use RF but there is no RF skill on nat chest... Sad.

Personally I favor the use of the SOJ, due to bonus vs elites and because RF SOJ bonus is actually very good. The fact it gives +discipline is just icing on the cake. (I have one in inventory and swap it for every elite fight)
Edited by Ragnar#1875 on 9/27/2013 7:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Wow I did not look at your gear. Nice dps and eHP!
Now I understand the whole logic of using Inna belt with nat chest. Thx!
You pretty convince me. Will look at these 2 items.
What is your CHD? Enough to generate disc with NS?
Edited by larage#2111 on 9/27/2013 7:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Great summary of the inna/nat cloak pros and cons. At a certain point it does boil down to sort of pah-TAY-toe pah-TAH-toe decision. The one factor I would add to the list is that the nat cloak looks MUCH better on the dh, so there's that too. The cool class has cool threads.
Reply Quote
09/27/2013 07:43 AMPosted by wrayzee
The one factor I would add to the list is that the nat cloak looks MUCH better on the dh, so there's that too. The cool class has cool threads.

Nat's cloak makes you look like a waiter at a renaissance fair. :-P

Dread Cloak + Hood is stylin.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]