Diablo® III

"Guided Tours of Sanctuary" Hardcore Challenge

+1! Great idea. The post also made me laugh. You should be a creative writer )or marketing executive).

Is there a way to do this in PC version? 2 PCs, perhaps? :-D

Edit: in PC, the "Tourist" won't follow you...
Edited by Galdor#6266 on 10/3/2013 7:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/03/2013 06:54 AMPosted by Godric
Obviously you can already do it so this is unnecessary... besides, sometimes doing things that aren't "official" modes is the most fun. Used to do this with my brother back in the day, I was younger so I wasn't competitive or perfectionist about games, we just liked to have fun and come up with our own game modes and stuff (perfect dark comes to mind).

GoldenEye and Perfect Dark were INCREDIBLE multiplayer games because of all the variety of modes and weapons and levels... Good for coming up with your own way to play, definitely!
Reply Quote
Its sad we have to find our own content because Blizz won't create any.
Reply Quote
10/04/2013 09:40 AMPosted by Worldslayer

Wait till RoS. You will be pleasantly surprised.
Edited by the8thark#1241 on 10/4/2013 4:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks for the shout-out Blizzcrew!

In an unfortunate turn of events, my tourist Gertrude kicked the bucket when a swarm of vicious wasps descended upon us in Caldeum's Hidden Aqueducts. Her last words; "..the baby ones, they're so cute, they won't hurt me if I pet them, right?".

I take solace in the fact she spent her last moments in one of her favorite places, despite Shen's ramblings about it's hokey architecture *sigh*. Out of respect I didn't loot her corpse, it was tough though, she had a great pair of gloves. Nice boots too.
R.I.P Gertrude.

Tomorrow I arrive back in Tristram to pick up my second tourist, a wandering Barbarian named Hodor. Rumor has it that he is loyal, tall, smelly, and simple. Wish me luck!
Reply Quote
10/04/2013 05:39 PMPosted by DamienJohn
I take solace in the fact she spent her last moments in one of her favorite places, despite Shen's ramblings about it's hokey architecture *sigh*.

Perfection... aside from the apostrophe in "it's".
Edited by Muraiki#1697 on 10/5/2013 5:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
This is a really unique idea. I'm definitely going to have to give this a try!

I'm not sure about the group tours though. =X I see myself failing miserably at that. Maybe if I paired up with a fellow tour guide (2 tour guides, 2 tourists)?

2 guides and 2 tourists is definitely a lot of fun, albeit even more of a challenge simply due to the hectic amount of combat going down at any given time. :)
Reply Quote
And wonderful this is what happens when you lack features in your game
Reply Quote
I'd def try a group tour it be entertaining seein em picked off one by one like Oregon trail..... someone could suffer a rather serious snake bite
Reply Quote
10/04/2013 10:08 PMPosted by Disobedient
And wonderful this is what happens when you lack features in your game

10/04/2013 09:40 AMPosted by Worldslayer

Yes, it is true...

Diablo 3 is the only game where people have come up with self imposed challenges for fun.

I'll try this out sometime.
Reply Quote
10/05/2013 12:55 AMPosted by MackDaddyMef
I'd def try a group tour it be entertaining seein em picked off one by one like Oregon trail..... someone could suffer a rather serious snake bite

A rather serious snake bite indeed.

I just tried a "solo" group tour and it was pretty difficult, almost like I was herding sheep through a minefield. Before too long my Wizard bit the dust and I decided to kick it back to 1x tour guide, 1x tourist.
Reply Quote
maybe this idea is possible if you're playing on easy, because otherwise, first pack of elites that have desocration, arcane, or poison are going to insta kill "the tourist"
Reply Quote
NPH Said:
Challenge accepted!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]