Diablo® III

Original epic orchestral composition

So I write film scores and had some free time the other day so, after being inspired by a session of Diablo III, I wrote this and put it to some pictures. Thought some of you might appreciate it--assuming it's good of course!

http://youtu.be/jSd5kZMj5go
Edited by Axiomatose#1938 on 9/28/2013 9:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
So I write film scores and had some free time the other day so, after being inspired by a session of Diablo III, I wrote this and put it to some pictures. Thought some of you might appreciate it--assuming it's good of course!

http://youtu.be/jSd5kZMj5go
This is really great stuff! Thanks so much for sharing your original composition with us and keep us the fantastic work. :)
Reply Quote
This is awesome! It really made the artwork look so much more epic and alive!
Reply Quote
Nice work! I'm diggin' it :D
Reply Quote
Wow, man - sounds really great! :D I'm a musician too, but I haven't really written much orchestral stuff. Which program did you use to make this?
Reply Quote
Really great job! You coordinated the music with the right pictures and gives it a really good flow
Reply Quote
10/01/2013 12:30 PMPosted by Lolcohol
Wow, man - sounds really great! :D I'm a musician too, but I haven't really written much orchestral stuff. Which program did you use to make this?

Thanks alot! I used Logic Pro 9 as my sequencer. I used stuff from the following sound libraries:

Heavyocity Damage (percussion)
East West Symphonic Orchestra (percussion)
LA Scoring Strings 2.5
Hollywood Strings
Hollywood Brass
Heavyocity Evolve (percussion/syths)
Absynth (synths)
Native Instruments Battery
...and I think I used the stock Logic gong. Quite honestly, it's the best gong I've heard in a sound library so far.

I may have used a few bits and pieces from other libraries, but that's all the main stuff. The whole piece was about 60 tracks :-O

Oh, and thanks for the compliment Vaeflare! Much appreciated! And hey, if Blizzard wants a track for an upcoming trailer on the house......
Reply Quote
you rock
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]