Diablo® III

Psvita compatible?

75 Blood Elf Death Knight
So you understand I'm talking about if they make Diablo 3. cross compatibil so tacke your Ps3 characters on to the vita and play anywhere. Just wondering how all would do that. obviously being abil to join gams via adhoc mode or by wifi.
Reply Quote
Not going to lie - having access to the Vita controls with the back touch pad would make for an interesting and innovative experience. I would be more inclined to pick up a Vita if such a scenario existed.
Reply Quote
I think this could be possible on the PS4 version. There should be an option for that version to have Vita support. You can have your HUD and map on the VITA. It would great for co-op, in that you would not have to wait for someone to go through their inventory and stash screens one at a time.

It would also make sense if you want to port it to the WiiU, since they have the second screen gamepad.

The Remote Play works with all games on the PS4, it's just a matter of support for certain controls per game.

I don't know how much development would be involved to do it, but it would be a nice feature.

Edit: To fix Grammar
Edited by Raktastic#1891 on 12/2/2013 11:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We've recently confirmed that Remote Play on the PS Vita will indeed be available for the Diablo III Ultimate Edition on the PlayStation 4. :)
Reply Quote
MVP
Actually, I don't think Sony will even let you publish a game on the PS4 without providing remote play.
BattleTag: Drothvader#1215 | Twitter: @Drothvader | Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Drothvader
"Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy! But here's my BattleTag! Add me maybe? O.o
Reply Quote
Well I'll be darned!!
Reply Quote
Well the remote play is great, but I was wondering if they will also taking advantage of the second screen functionality. Like I mentioned in my previous post the ability to use your vita to look at inventory on the fly would make DIII amazing, but again if it will take more time and resources to develop, I can be satisfied with the remote play.
Reply Quote
So... Remote play = can play on the train without internet or PS4 "on"?
Reply Quote
This is pretty cool. Look forward to it
Reply Quote
12/04/2013 02:15 AMPosted by Enkeria
So... Remote play = can play on the train without internet or PS4 "on"?

Remote play requires you to be connected to either the network your PS4 is on or be connected to a strong wifi connection elsewhere.When you remote play, you are actually playing the PS4. I did the remote play on a few games like Lego Marvel Super Heroes and it's pretty awesome. Can't wait for the PS4 version of D3.
Reply Quote
12/04/2013 12:15 PMPosted by Adoragon
Remote play requires you to be connected to either the network your PS4 is on or be connected to a strong wifi connection elsewhere.When you remote play, you are actually playing the PS4. I did the remote play on a few games like Lego Marvel Super Heroes and it's pretty awesome. Can't wait for the PS4 version of D3.

You and me both homie.
Reply Quote
Any thoughs about making a PS Vita version of the game with cross-play/ cross-save ?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Sooooooo, if you have a PS4 and a Vita, and I want to play Diablo elsewhere near the console, I need to leave the PS4 turned on and connected to internet permanently to be able to achieve my playtime with Diablo?
Reply Quote
Here is an interesting read of someone already playing their games via the internet:

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/12/13/remote-play-over-the-internet-playing-the-ps4-at-work/comment-page-3/

And some folks from the ign.com boards putting in their two cents. Some of them have done it as well:

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/ps4-remote-play-via-internet.453618041/

Really I don't think Sony is going to support play over the internet, only through in-home wifi. The fact that it still works over the internet is a little surprising, but Sony obviously didn't want to give peoples' hopes up about doing internet play anywhere outside the same wifi network.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]