Diablo® III

Beware When You Ask For A Rollback..

I don't apologize for my aggressive tone. So now we are supposed to think that a very high paragon with billions in gear didn't see the need for an authenticator? And if your old one malfunctions, how hard is it to get another one? Much more likely that he wanted to sell the gear plus keep his old stuff, and blizzard has "accidentally" made him pay a much bigger price...or was it an accident? They don't like cheaters any more than we do. I'm glad you lost everything BC potential cheaters in the future will likely decide that it's not worth the risk.

Lesson, as always, is that you NEVER ask for a rollback under any circumstances.

Im not saying that you ned to apologize and honestly I agree with you. As a HC player why would anyone even think to ask for a roll back and anyone with that high end of a character/account needs an auth no matter what.

And I hate cheaters, thats why I like the fact of the 10second timer (detection of it sucks though) and would probably stop playing if they went back to the ways of D2.
Reply Quote
Before they changed the rules, everybody and their mom was faking compromised accounts to either get their dead characters back or dupe items, we all remember how that akira guy was going to become the richest player in US HC by duping item with rollbacks, maybe he still is the richest, but using another accounts, if I remember it right some players was offering billions of gold to players just logon into their accounts and delete/kill chars, get some items etc. Just to ask for rollbacks to blizzard, there were one guy that was dead one day and somebody created a rip thread here talking how he died, and one day later the char was alive again thanks to a rollback, and the guy was upset because the other guy created that rip thread, so everybody knew how he died and he was cheating... He had a high level paragon, and he tried to argue that he created another char with the same name, and then get the same amoount of paragon levels in one day ( which was impossible at that time ), but somebody stated that there were two items identical to the ones in the dead char or something like that, and then it was oups!

This is why everybody here hates "rollbackers"...
Edited by AkUriel#1501 on 9/28/2013 1:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Makes me think of that throw barb guy, furyweaver or whatever.
Reply Quote
Oh man this really is not my week :P
1. Finding out that my account was hacked (my fault)
2. Submitting a ticket which caused this mess
3. Being labelled a cheater and a liar

For your info, I was not asking for a rollback of my Hardcore gear when I submitted the ticket. I thought it was the right thing to do after your account is hacked. As stated above, after selecting the option for compromised account, I remembered it automatically led to the next step which was account rollback. There was no other option to choose from.

Anyways this was posted by a GM to me a couple of minutes ago:

Hello,

Game Master Gaevedreana, Master of the Poisoned Blade, at your service!

I hope your day has been going smoothly and you haven't run into any of my shadowy brethren on the battlefield! s(*-*)-b

I'm kinda bummed out that I didn't get to speak to you personally, but I'm going to make sure that your issue with your Hardcores is addressed properly.

We are looking into the reasons why your hardcores didn't get recreated. This seems like it is a bug, so I thank you for your patience while we look into this issue in-depth. In the meantime, e-mail my manager at [Email address removed by Blizzard Forum Moderator]. We were looking at this together and he wanted to reach out and contact you. While we look into this, any progress made could be reverted since we are dealing with rollbacks, but we are hoping that we can get you those characters back.

I hope that I explained everything clearly! In closing, I just want to thank you for playing and I hope to see you on the battlefield!

"May your spirit be raised, and always raise your spirits." - Chen Stormstout

I thought I was sharing my experience with the hardcore community, maybe seek your suggestions, but it seems to have done me more harm than good. I'm not that good with words, so I don't think I want to bother defending/arguing myself any further.

May you people not have the same experience like me. God bless and good luck in your hardcore adventures.
Edited by Kaltonis on 9/28/2013 1:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hey Cutezy add me Canaduh#1130 and ill help you get back to 60. Welcome back and sorry to hear about your loss. Unfortunately im still new to HC so i dont have much in the way of gear or gold but would be happy to group with you and help anyway i can. Never play alone :)
Reply Quote
09/28/2013 09:04 AMPosted by Bryanw1995
Sorry, but I have zero sympathy. Don't even ask for any sort of rollback on a hc character. Ever. I'm actually happy this happened to you, you were either criminally stupid with an acct that had 160 paragon lvls (classic hacker target), or you were trying to cheat. Neither situation justifies giving you a bunch of gear. And the funny thing is that your gear was likely so dated that you would have upgraded all of it in short order, anyway.

@Bryanw1995, you are a true A$$ I knew there was a reason I did not like you. Please stop being a troll and stop playing this game... HC would be far better off without people like you in it.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Cutezy, I sympathize with your situation, but it is against our forum rules to post a Blizzard employee's email address. Please do not undo my edit a second time. Thank you.
Reply Quote
Hey Cutezy, you not only got a blue response, which never happens, but you got a blue threat too! yoohoo! Too bad they never seem to want to address any real concerns of the HC community like, um, disconnects...

Congratulations on the kid!
Sorry about the toons.

One thing I am not clear on, since the expansion will use account wide levels - do yours still count since Blizzard is the one who deleted them? I haven't seen you or anyone talk about this. Kaltonis?????
Reply Quote
@OP- did you have 4M lifetime kills before you left?

Looks like they might've used ur account for botting.

Honestly, if my guys got stripped at this point from a hack (I have an authenticator and need to use it every time i log in...WHY O WHY?) I'd just quit playing til Loot 2.0
Reply Quote
you can get an authenticator for android, its FREE!!!
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Hardcore)
View profile
Cutezy, I feel terrible for you and what you're going through. :( I don't know why a couple of the better-known players around these forums decided to attack you and your character/intentions, when these same folks usually post helpful, friendly advice.

In fact, the whole Hardcore community has a reputation for being helpful and friendly, and it bugs me to see certain people breaking that good reputation. >.<

You may not remember me, since we only did a couple runs together, but if I'm not confusing my players, you ran with Acrimony for hundreds of hours, and were perhaps his best friend in the game. He recently returned, too, and I'm sure between the two of us, and several of the other generous people here who have offered to help, we'll get you back up and running strong in no time.

I'm glad that Blizz has agreed to look into your situation, because it certainly does sound like something went horribly wrong in the restore. Hopefully they can find your characters and get them back for you. Please keep us posted on the results, because I think most people here sympathize with your situation, despite a few outspoken detractors.

Galx

Reply Quote
Galx, if they restore the guys naked HC characters, that is fine. If they restore the gear also, then that is BS. As you are well aware, rollbacks were overly exploited by some, and that ruined it for everybody, and hence, no rollbacks are allowed in HC, period.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
09/28/2013 04:34 PMPosted by jco310
Galx, if they restore the guys naked HC characters, that is fine. If they restore the gear also, then that is BS. As you are well aware, rollbacks were overly exploited by some, and that ruined it for everybody, and hence, no rollbacks are allowed in HC, period.

Cutezy isn't upset because his hardcore characters remain naked. He is upset because his hardcore characters were deleted by the rollback process.

I don't understand the apparently deliberate misunderstanding of this fact.
Reply Quote
We understand that well, however, he also seemed interested in having his items and gear restored. In any case, hopefully his HC characters are restored to the condition they were in when he logged on this week.
Reply Quote
I am sure it is blizzard's mistake to delete your HC characters during rollback.

You should try talk to higher staff to sort out their mistake. most of basic customer support staff do not have enough access level and try to hide their mistake.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
09/28/2013 05:20 PMPosted by jco310
We understand that well, however, he also seemed interested in having his items and gear restored. In any case, hopefully his HC characters are restored to the condition they were in when he logged on this week.

Yes he wanted a restoration. . . of his softcore characters. The point of his posts is that in requesting a rollback, his hardcore characters were deleted. No more, no less.

Anyway, I also hope that this is straightened out for him.
Reply Quote
Hi Cutezy,

I do feel your pain...

My suggestion is:
First of all, please get an authenticator if you decided to continue playing this game.
Secondly, do you know that there will be ladder in the xpac? If you decided to play ladder, your current alive/dead/deleted non-ladder chars really don't matter much. So don't worry about it anymore.

One of my friends went through the same thing months ago. HC chars got killed and deleted, so he lost all his characters and the items on them. Blizz won't rollback any of them (btw, I do agree with it. cuz ppl will cheat on it). I met this friend before I hit lvl 60 on my first HC char, and have been playing with him for 9 months. Talked to him several times after his account got hacked and I know exactly how he feels. Galx is one of the person I asked for help, and she did give a lot of good suggestions. She is a nice and trustable person to talk to if you need further help.

Something off the topic:
The HC community is one of the reason I decided to give up everything on my SC and change to HC. A lot of nice ppl here, and those Pro HC players are tend to be more friendly and less arrogant.

For me,
1) a good player is the person with enough knowledge of this game and knows how to take advantage of the resources he/she has access to. (No matter where the gold/gears come from) Don’t be jelly when you look at other players’ godly gears. They need both gold and intelligence to build that godly char. (And don’t be rude when talking to a player with crappy gears, they can still be as knowledgeable as you are)
2) and a nice person is the one who are friendly to others in game/on forum, and the one who also know his/her responsibility in his/her real life.

We are all here trying to help each other and enjoy the game more, instead of showing off or attacking each other. (but everybody make mistakes and may do/say stupid things sometimes. At least I do @_@. So, please learn to forgive each other as well).
Reply Quote
09/28/2013 02:04 PMPosted by Kaltonis
Cutezy, I sympathize with your situation, but it is against our forum rules to post a Blizzard employee's email address. Please do not undo my edit a second time. Thank you.

All my years of training, still not as good of a troll as blues.
Reply Quote
Sorry, but I have zero sympathy. Don't even ask for any sort of rollback on a hc character. Ever. I'm actually happy this happened to you, you were either criminally stupid with an acct that had 160 paragon lvls (classic hacker target), or you were trying to cheat. Neither situation justifies giving you a bunch of gear. And the funny thing is that your gear was likely so dated that you would have upgraded all of it in short order, anyway.

such nice helpful comments
Reply Quote

Do you read any of this BS out loud to yourself before you post?

You should start. There's no justification, other than being a a PKer, for being glad people lose stuff.

Getting hacked doesn't mean you're stupid.

You also have no evidence he cheated, so do the forums a solid, and shut your trap.
Edited by KhalARon#1159 on 9/28/2013 8:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]