Diablo® III

Comparing Item Stats

I've spent way too much time playing the PC version of Diablo 3, and now I'm hooked starting over again on PS3. I love the way it all works, but there is one small thing that is bothering me.

When you try and look at items, the information telling you how much DPS/Armour/HP differences there are between the item you are looking at, and you're currently equipped item isn't there, and all we have is up to three little arrows pointing up or down.

Is there anyway to get it to display like on PC? If not then how do those arrows translate into actual stats? E.G. One up arrow means 'X' more DPS and two up arrows mean 'Y'. It's not too much of a problem with drops, as you can just equip it and see the change, but it's really hard to figure out what's worth buying in the shop or not. If for example, two items are an upgrade, which one is the most value for my gold is very difficult without buying both items to check - such a waste of gold.
Reply Quote
Gold is about worthless. If you're still at the point of worrying about gold, I would guess you're not even 60 yet. If that is the case, worrying about which one is the bigger one or two arrow upgrade is pretty miniscule. Should be just fine gear wise through drops throughout the game.

To answer your question, No, you cannot change the display.
Reply Quote
I'm not 60 yet, but I play Hardcore on Master 2, so buying is still very much worth it for me. Shame there is no real way to tell. I hope they add it back to the game at a later date. Sometimes a boost from a shop item is the only thing keeping me alive through a hard fight and it's annoying to have to go farm twice as much just to figure out which one to use.
Reply Quote
I agree those arrows are a bit confusing, especially because they often don't calculate all stats in game. They're good for a quick evaluation, not for a fine tuning one.
Back on PC games I used a nice utility that allowed me to test the DPS gain or loose before to buy an item (from AH or vendor): http://www.lemonskin.net/d3-dps/?en
That one is for iPhone as it was a convenient way to check without leaving the game, but there are many web based.
On console, without AH, I use it less but it's still good when two items have close stats.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Warlock
I agree those arrows are a bit confusing, especially because they often don't calculate all stats in game. They're good for a quick evaluation, not for a fine tuning one.
Back on PC games I used a nice utility that allowed me to test the DPS gain or loose before to buy an item (from AH or vendor): http://www.lemonskin.net/d3-dps/?en
That one is for iPhone as it was a convenient way to check without leaving the game, but there are many web based.
On console, without AH, I use it less but it's still good when two items have close stats.

looks like a pretty awesome app, but the item stats should be pretty different between console/pc so i wonder if it translates?
Reply Quote
09/30/2013 05:07 PMPosted by Siér
looks like a pretty awesome app, but the item stats should be pretty different between console/pc so i wonder if it translates?

I did some tests with my console char and it seems formulas are pretty the same (values seems to vary after first decimal value but I guess it's a round matter).
Of course it's not possible to automatically import chars via b.net so it's a bit tedious to insert items values but, beside that, it seems to work.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]