After seeing some of the new datamined content from the PTR on diablofans today, I got even more excited for this build idea I've been working on for RoS. Here's to hoping it doesn't get nerfed :D.

Items
ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_533_x1 - Strafe no longer costs Hatred.
ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_635_x1 - While moving your resource generation and damage is increased by 25%. While stationary your resource regeneration and damage is reduced by 25%.
[Optional] ItemPassive_Unique_Shoulder_002_x1 - [{VALUE1} * 100]% chance to explode in a fan of knives for 200% weapon damage when hit.

Passives
Grenadier - Increase the damage of grenades by 20%. Increase the explosion size of grenades by 40%. Upon death, you drop a giant grenade that explodes for 1000% weapon damage as Fire.
Vengeance - Your maximum Hatred is increased by 25. In addition, gain 20 Hatred and 2 Discipline when you are healed by a health globe.

Skills
Strafe: Demolition - Cost: 12 Hatred / Throw out bouncy grenades that explode for 240% weapon damage to enemies within 16 yards.
Fan of Knives: Knives Expert - Cooldown: 8 seconds / Throw knives out in a spiral around you, dealing 320% weapon damage to all enemies within 20 yards of you. Your knives will also Slow the movement of enemies by 60% for 2 seconds. Remove the cooldown but adds a 30 Hatred cost.

Optional Defense
Numbing Traps - Enemies you Slow or hit with Fan of Knives, Spike Trap, Caltrops, Grenades, and Sentry fire have their damage reduced by 20% for 3 seconds.
Smoke Screen: [Any Rune] - Cost: 14 Discipline / Cooldown: 2 seconds / Vanish behind a wall of smoke, becoming momentarily invisible for 1 second.
Shadow Power: Gloom - Cost: 14 Discipline / Draw in the power of the shadows, gaining 826 Life per Hit for 5 seconds. Reduce damage taken by 25% while Shadow Power is active.

Optional Offense
Cull the Weak - Increase damage against slowed enemies by 20%.
Archery - Gain a bonus based on your weapon type: / Bow: 8% increased damage / Crossbow: 50% Critical Hit Damage / Hand Crossbow: 5% Critical Hit Chance / 2nd Hand Crossbow: 1 Hatred generation
Marked for Death: Mortal Enemy - Cost: 3 Discipline / Mark an enemy. The marked enemy takes 12% additional damage for the next 30 seconds. Attacks that you and your allies make against the marked enemy generate resources: / *Demon Hunter: 3 Hatred / *Barbarian: 2 Fury / *Crusader: 2 Wrath / *Monk: 3 Spirit / *Witch Doctor: 16 Mana / *Wizard: 4 Arcane Power

The build is pretty self-explanatory. Strafe to win while using fan of knives every 2 seconds roughly, which luckily doesn't break strafe. Vengeance and the resource regen legendary should help manage hatred for fan of knives plus discipline for smokescreen or shadow power. Attack speed doesn't matter because strafe is free. Dual crossbows can help with hatred regen from archery but slower weapons will deal more damage per fan of knives.

Crimson Rockets

Another spinoff of this build can be based around rockets instead of grenades for low monster density areas or bosses. Just replace grenadier and demolition with:

Ballistics - Increase damage of rockets by 100%. In addition, you have a 20% chance to fire a homing rocket for 150% weapon damage when you attack.
Strafe: Rocket Storm - Cost: 12 Hatred / Shoot at random nearby enemies for 280% weapon damage while moving at 75% of normal movement speed. In addition to regular firing, fire off homing rockets for 140% weapon damage as Fire.

So... ya. I'm looking forward to playing something like this in RoS. I hope the devs don't butcher this spec too much I can try it lol.
Edited by RageSmash#1465 on 9/27/2013 2:08 AM PDT