Diablo® III

Legendary plans taught, then missing

I tried to search on this issue without results.

I have found (dropped) some legendary item plans, then went to the blacksmith and right-clicked. Plans disappeared from the inventory (as they should), but they never become visible in the crafting lists!?

I've checked "view all" options several times, both armor and weapons. Rare plans come to the lists ok when taught. Any clues?

EDIT: Blacksmithing is on level 10
Edited by Pyroz#2311 on 9/27/2013 6:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Newly taught plans have a star next to newly taught plan.

The star only stays next to the listed plan at the instance you have the craft window open. Once you close the window the star goes away.
Reply Quote
Thanks for your reply.

But I don't mean that *NEW* star. The recipe itself is not anywhere in the list. I simply cannot see any legendary items in there. When I teach the blacksmith new rare recipes, they show up nicely. Legendary items doesn't. And I'm not viewing "can equip" or "have materials" lists either.

Are there any special requirement for legendary crafting? I haven't seen any on guides / wiki's.
Edited by Pyroz#2311 on 9/29/2013 5:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Legendary crafting sets are in green. Legendary crafts are in the standard orange/gold color.

Only ilvl 60+ gear require brimstones, lower ilvl crafts require regular crafting mats from the level they are for.

Hardcore characters and softcore characters have their own list of crafting learned.
Here are some examples of legendary crafting and the required mats.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12315555/Screenshot543.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12315555/Screenshot544.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12315555/Screenshot545.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12315555/Screenshot546.jpg

The list is also seperate from the server your on as well. If you got the staff of hearding, that just shows up as a white item.
Edited by kryokon#1399 on 9/29/2013 10:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I just experienced this same problem with the new RoS patch as well. I taught the Blacksmith Asheara's Uniform and Hallowed Defenders, but only 3 items showed up on his lists and two of them were lower levels than they were supposed to be.
Reply Quote
Also just ran into this problem with a legendary daibo recipe. Disappeared from my inventory, but the blacksmith did not actually gain the ability to craft the item, must be a glitch.
Reply Quote
Same Problem. My friend bought 3 recipes and lost 100m+
Fix this... we're pretty dissapointed as I gave him my gold before the patch :s
Reply Quote
When you're searching for recipes use the dropdown box at the top and select "all". The recipes should be in there.
Reply Quote
I tried the all tab and still nothing 2 lost recipes but I got them from loot so I didn't pay for them.
Reply Quote
Scatch that, the all tab did work, was just on the weapon part and not the armor part.
Reply Quote
No. Guys. The issue is that the recipe Cant be used once given to the Blacksmith.
I gave him several recipes and none of them appeared in His list.
Reply Quote
Same thing happened to me today.... A plan for a legendary shield dropped today and when taught to blacksmith nothing at all showed up on crafting list.... Like it just vanished...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
and here too learned it at the BS went to look for it, didn't close the window and it wasn't there.
Reply Quote
Same thing. Lost 3 or 4 recipes in the past couple days, one actually looked like it would be worth something for my barb - a one-handed mace requiring lvl 10 blacksmith.

Is there any change we will get what we taught back once the bug is fixed?
Edited by Moonwalker#1258 on 3/2/2014 6:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
Same here, lost a few legendary recipes and found this post here.

Please fix this and give me back the recipes if it is possible.
Reply Quote
Same thing happened to me. I had a one handed axe legendary recipe. I taught it to the blacksmith, there was a little flash of light like an aura around him like he learned it. Then when I looked for it in the list...nothing.
Reply Quote
Same here,

In the last 2 days i learned like 4-5 legendary recipes, but 2 out of 5 are missing. Surely one is called Deadeye.

Please resolve the issue
Reply Quote
Guys, it's all our mistake. I searched around what options we have on the Blacksmither and found that the items are filtered to show us only items/gear for lvl 60. When you click on the blacksmither you have the option to show you all items, there you will find that some of the recipes you found are for lower levels and that's the reason we couldn't see them before.

Thank you.
Reply Quote
03/03/2014 03:38 AMPosted by DarkWarrior
Guys, it's all our mistake. I searched around what options we have on the Blacksmither and found that the items are filtered to show us only items/gear for lvl 60. When you click on the blacksmither you have the option to show you all items, there you will find that some of the recipes you found are for lower levels and that's the reason we couldn't see them before.

Thank you.

STill. No. I saw that AT first and changed the filter. Still not there.
Its a bug and really needs a fix. A lot of gold gone to neverland and its Not fair.
Reply Quote
Same issue in Europe - I hope they will appear in expension but would it be possible to get an officialoficial blizz statement?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]