Diablo® III

Life on hit gem not working all the time

I am encountering an issue where the Amethyst gem ability life on hit sporadically works. Will work sometimes but not others. I am not talking about using shadow power and the channel issue. I have seen a lot of postings on that and understand how that mechanic works. Has anybody else seen that. The weapon I was using was a 2 socket manticore. I tried switching gems, from: one emerald/one amethyst combo; two amethysts; one amethyst with the same pattern of only working some of the time.

Any ideas what may happening?
Reply Quote
Not all skills have the same proc coefficient (i.e. a multiplier applied to skills on hit effects which adjusts their effectiveness relative to how often or how large an area the attack hits). Also, you cannot gain life if you are at full health (although this was possible in the early versions of the game up until 1.0.2 or something).
Reply Quote
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgL5S3Revw9ddEhScEpSLWhnRDZKV25OaWZJcHdkN0E#gid=3

here's a list, for example:
0.216 Hungering Arrow - Spray of Teeth Skill Proc Coefficient

0.216 * 600 = 130 LoH

0.333 Rapid Fire - High Velocity Skill Proc Coefficient

0.333 * 600 = 200 LoH

1.333 Rapid Fire - Fire Support Skill Proc Coefficient

1.333 * 600 = 800 LoH
Edited by TastySouP#1157 on 9/27/2013 10:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
And I notice that you have Rapid Fire High Velocity on your profile. If you have been using that skill to test out the effectiveness of LoH, bad news: it has one of the lowest proc coefficient per tick of all Rapid Fire runes. Test your LoH with other Rapid Fire runes or try some other skills with better proc coefficients.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the feedback, I will try different skill combos, so this would apply with my primary attack of hungering arrow for the proc coefficient as pointed out. I noticed the same lack of health replacement with hungering arrow.

Update: changing the skills made a big difference as it proc'd more. Thanks folks
Edited by Thanatos#1723 on 9/28/2013 11:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]