Diablo® III

earthquake

View profile
datamined:

•DiabloWiki.com - EarthquakeEarthquake Cost: 50 Fury / Cooldown: 60 seconds / Shake the ground violently, dealing 2000% weapon damage as Fire over 8 seconds to all enemies within 18 yards. (Cooldown reduced from 120 seconds)
◦DiabloWiki.com - The Mountain's CallThe Mountain's Call : Remove the Fury cost and reduce the cooldown to 45 seconds. (Cooldown reduced from 105 seconds)

so as often as 8 out of 15 seconds? pretty sweet
Reply Quote
View profile
datamined:

•DiabloWiki.com - EarthquakeEarthquake Cost: 50 Fury / Cooldown: 60 seconds / Shake the ground violently, dealing 2000% weapon damage as Fire over 8 seconds to all enemies within 18 yards. (Cooldown reduced from 120 seconds)
◦DiabloWiki.com - The Mountain's CallThe Mountain's Call : Remove the Fury cost and reduce the cooldown to 45 seconds. (Cooldown reduced from 105 seconds)

so as often as 8 out of 15 seconds? pretty sweet

IMountains call reduces the total cooldown to 45 seconds, so 8/45 seconds with that rune.

It doesnt reduce the CD 45 seconds.
Edited by RagingKoala#1984 on 9/27/2013 4:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/barbarian/passive/boon-of-bulkathos
Reply Quote
View profile
09/27/2013 04:47 PMPosted by Fourty2DNAD3
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/barbarian/passive/boon-of-bulkathos

Ahh yes, That will be nerfed lol. Would be fun
Reply Quote
Now if they tweak CoA so they actually live you could make a cooldown heavy build with all 3 skills and always have one active.
Reply Quote
I think Nubtro did some tests on earthquake, and in his conclusion it only did ~1850% weapon damage.

But lets assume that it in-fact does 2000% weapon damage over 8 seconds..

2000% weapon damage / 8 seconds = 250% weapon damage per sec

Now lets compare this to Rend with Lacerate rune.

900% weapon damage / 5 seconds = 180% weapon damage per sec

So if you manged to rend the same target three times(two times makes you break even), you will in-fact do more damage to it, then with a earthquake.. And you don't have to worry about the target moving, as you would have to do with earthquake, as rend is a dot that stick to the target..

But what the hell.. lets even compare it to a barb at 2APS using a the basic bash attack.

165% weapon damage * 2 APS = 330% weapon damage per sec

In my eyes the damage of Earthquake still need to buffed, even with this reduced cooldown to make it viable..

Just for giggels we can compare this to a real damaging skill:

Firebats - Cloud of bats = 1002% weapon damage per sec, which scales with attackspeed.
Edited by Det0x#2856 on 9/27/2013 5:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You have to figure in that you stop attacking for rend, where with earthquake you get to keep your regular dps too.
Reply Quote
Now combine with the legendary passives:
¹ Reduce the cooldown of Earthquake every time it kills an enemy.
² Cause an Earthquake when you land after using Leap.
³ Leap gains up to 3 charges.

* Double the duration of Fire elemental effects.

Lots of assumptions but IF the passives really do cast an EQ after every Leap and the Leap charges are per cooldown cycle and Leap's cooldown only starts once the 3 charges are wasted, one could create a pretty dope build.

3 Leaps = 3 EQs = 6000% weapon damage as Fire over 8 seconds on a 10 second CD. That's only from leapping, didn't even spam the EQ skill, which has no cost from the rune.

Can't forget that Leap also has two cool control runes:
Call of Arreat - Pulls enemies within 16 yards of the landing site.
Death from Above - Enemies will be stunned for 3 seconds.

Now imagine the combat rotation would be something like that:
Initiate on enemies with say Ground Stomp-Wrenching Smash for pull+4 seconds stun
EQ - Leap 3 times and use EQ as soon as it is up (it doesn't cost anything)

So that's a minimum of 5 EQs every 10 seconds:
10000% weapon damage as Fire over 8 seconds. - Effectively, 1250% damage per second without having to stand still channeling or spending any Fury at all.

For even more flavor, combine with max fire skills Magefist and either Axe of Sankis or Maximus for a straight 45% damage increase. 1812% damage per second? Yea! Science!

- The passive with * seems a bit confusing. It'd be great if it didn't spread the damage over the new duration and, instead, reapplied a new cycle - thus becomming 4000% damage over 16s.

I'd call it the molten hopping bunny of apocalypse build. ^^
Reply Quote
09/27/2013 06:08 PMPosted by Eduw
I'd call it the molten hopping bunny of apocalypse build. ^^

I'm for it!
Reply Quote
Earthquake
-> deals 4.167% (250%/60) weapon damage each frame for 450 frames (7.5 sec)
-> 1875% total weapon damage per cast
-> uses main hand weapon damage
-> damage doesn´t scale with aps
-> sequence:
1. "jump" from skill click until fury globe response (around 22 frames at 1.00 aps)
2. "quake activation" from fury globe response until the initial damage frame (27 frames)
3. "damage" beginning on frame 50 at 1.00 aps
-> the game rolls for a crit on the initial damage frame and all subsequent 29 frames until the next roll will be crits if the roll was succesful, otherwise you get 30 normal damage frames including the roll one
-> you get a total of 15 crit rolls that occur each 30 frames

Haven´t tested what those 65% weapon damage rune boosts are doing but I don´t care anymore.

The fact that they still go around doing flat cooldown reductions makes me cringe. Is it so hard to give Quake the on kill reduction or change Boon to work like GI/CM on our crazy cooldown skills. I mean why does the WD have BBV Slam Dance up everytime he needs it but we´re stuck with "waiting", now the "waiting" will be shorter? Thank you, I guess.

Seriously guys, I´m so disappointed these days. Barbarians have by far the most cooldown skills of all classes and no active cooldown mechanics beside Overpower (now its availability will be limited due to crit chance and IAS caps) and Merciless Assault (single rune). That being said, the Crusader is shaping up to rival us in cooldowns hahaha (it´s crazy) but I bet he´ll get pseudo CM and pseudo GI and probably even CD reduction from globes...

I´ll sound like a broken record but skills should be useful, usable and available by themselves and gear should be there to improve their efficiency and not be the only reasonable way to use an otherwise horrible skill. Is that concept so hard to grasp?

Good job, they just forced you to equip a certain single legendary item. Good luck getting the drop, but I´m sure people will use the skill without that legendary item (sarcasm).

Where´s the AoE increase through pickup radius?
Where´s a special effect or any sort of utility?
Why do all runes do pretty much exactly the same thing?

The damage of the skill is pitiful. Also Eduw if Blizzard doesn´t stack, Earthquake won´t stack either. Don´t get your hopes up for nothing it´s still a very very bad skill. Also lol if you guys expect that the Leap Quake would be a real Quake...

You´ve probably noticed, but our cooldowns push me into overdrive...lol

And saturday morning before breakfast is when I´m most susceptible to going on a pessimistic spree :p

Oh well, not worth getting emotional over this. *Calmed down*.

I apologize for my outburst. Me and my sciamachy. Let´s all be happy players and "hope" ._.
Edited by Nubtro#2147 on 9/28/2013 1:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
it's a fire and forget skill, imagine how fast you can farm dropping this, rend, run like the wind and ww hurricane in fom, you can do the rend and run setup and drop earthquake for elites, pull them in with ww...

I think earthquake is going to be a monster
Reply Quote
it's a fire and forget skill, imagine how fast you can farm dropping this, rend, run like the wind and ww hurricane in fom, you can do the rend and run setup and drop earthquake for elites, pull them in with ww...

I think earthquake is going to be a monster

Agreed. A build like this could really be effective (assuming the new skill changes we know of) in monster dense areas:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#chURTP!gSY!aZZYbZ

Gather up a ton of monsters then go ballistic!
Reply Quote
Where´s the AoE increase through pickup radius?
Where´s a special effect or any sort of utility?
Why do all runes do pretty much exactly the same thing?

AoE increase in certain barbarian skills through PUR would be awesome. If I remember correctly, I suggested that synergy for shouts couple of months ago and one with EQ would make it really worth stacking PUR on a barbarian.
I just re-read the skill and noticed that I was taking an area slow as given, my mistake. Since it's a skill that really requires the barbarian to focus on keeping his enemies on it, it should reward the action properly through its runes. My ideas are as follows:
- Enemies who die in the area explode dealing damage as Fire to all enemies within 8 yards.
- Enemies who stand on the area are engulfed in flames, increasing all damage done to them.
- After the Earthquake ends, a trail of Fire follows the barbarian for a duration based on the enemies killed by the skill.

09/28/2013 01:10 AMPosted by Nubtro
The damage of the skill is pitiful. Also Eduw if Blizzard doesn´t stack, Earthquake won´t stack either. Don´t get your hopes up for nothing it´s still a very very bad skill. Also lol if you guys expect that the Leap Quake would be a real Quake...

It's on alpha and I'm just toying with the legendary passives, you didn't even mention that there are chances those passives might go into conflict for the same slot. I'm perfectly fine even if Leap's EQ isn't the same as the skill because then they would really stack with each other and Leap is a nice skill for keeping enemies within EQ for the full duration, specially if you got 3 casts.

Good job, they just forced you to equip a certain single legendary item. Good luck getting the drop, but I´m sure people will use the skill without that legendary item

Isn't that what Devs been saying for the past couple of months or so when it comes to itemization? I mean, the whole "find a legendary that makes the player want to try a completely new and different build". With what I've been seeing so far from those legendary affixes, they are really putting heavy efforts into it and I'm really happy with the results.
Come on, using the most efficient skills and stacking the same affixes will only 'force' players into one-two sort of builds while having tons of different niche legendaries will reward players with a completely different gaming experience. I might be too hyped about it but I really imagine myself switching classes with every build-targetted legendary found. ^^
Reply Quote
Also lol if you guys expect that the Leap Quake would be a real Quake...
Reply Quote
Also lol if you guys expect that the Leap Quake would be a real Quake...

^^

Whats next ? You guys gonna start to make builds based on how much damage the "flame-trails" from Fire Walkers does ? :)
Edited by Det0x#2856 on 9/29/2013 9:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Pessimist Barbs are pessimist......
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]