Diablo® III

(Play Station) PS4 and PS3 relationship

So I got 3 friends that have a PS3, and that will buy Diablo III.

The thing is that I don't want the PS3, I'm going to buy the PS4, and I'd like to know if there will be compatibility between PS4 and PS3 versions, because, I wouldn't mind going to a friends house and playing with my character stored in his console, but I'd hate to play with 2 characters, as I'm definetely going to buy D3's PS4 version.
Reply Quote
If you're following along on the PS4 details, you should know that they are doing low cost upgrades from the PS3 versions to the PS4 versions. There's nothing to say 100% for certain we'll have this on Diablo 3, but I'm hoping for it. If not, well I'll just live with the PS3 version.
Reply Quote
As far as I know, you will not be able to play your PS3 characters on a PS4, nor vice-versa.

While the game may or may not be part of the $10 upgrade program the other poster is talking about, it is my understanding that your PS3 characters can only play on PS3 and your PS4 characters can only play on PS4.

It'd be cool if that changes in the future, though.
Reply Quote
As far as I know, you will not be able to play your PS3 characters on a PS4, nor vice-versa.

While the game may or may not be part of the $10 upgrade program the other poster is talking about, it is my understanding that your PS3 characters can only play on PS3 and your PS4 characters can only play on PS4.

It'd be cool if that changes in the future, though.

Do you have some reference from Blizzard on this? If not, it's pure speculation. I see no reason for it to not to be able to move Chars over. What Blizzard has said they're focusing on for the PS4 dev is to make the game better for PS4 and utilize the controller to the max. They didn't want to come right out and say it's more of a direct port of the PS3 version, but unless they totally revamp the game I don't see why they couldn't allow chars to move w/ the PSN ID. No more difficult than moving between PS3 consoles.

Maybe you're confusing a general statement that PS3 players can only play on PS3 and XBOX on XBOX and can't be ported to PC. That was a statement w/o PS4 in the mix.
Reply Quote
No, I don't have a Blizzard reference, but it's not "pure" speculation, either - I've read elsewhere that players using the 'upgrade' program to go from PS3 to PS4 versions of games will not have access to their PS3 progress, and will have to start over, so it stands to reason the same will apply to Diablo 3.
Reply Quote
either way I highly doubt there will be backwards compatibility from a ps4 back to a ps3, youll be lucky if youll be able to move from ps3 to ps4.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]