Diablo® III

Is Sony getting preference from Blizzard?

Hello all, I have noticed sony seems to be getting more preference from blizzard. for starters, the pre order bonuses were way more abundant on the ps3. And also, the only next gen diablo 3 version slated is for the ps4, I'm hoping for an xbox one version. This is an opinion, hold it as such. what do you guys think?
Reply Quote
The pre-order bonus, I am not sure of.

As for the next gen console, I am willing to bet it has much more to do with Microsoft policies on what is allowed on their systems. MS has been known to be pretty strict with their policies and update things. I think it is probably some working out between Blizzard and Microsoft on how this is going to go. Wouldn't be the first time someone had a problem getting a game license for Xbox.
Reply Quote
You are correct, blizzard has had an established relationship with Sony for a while. However, the ps3 version seems to be the version with the highest chance of save corruption, go figure!

Chances are it will come to Xbox one just not before ps4 in my opinion.
Reply Quote
reason for it not being announced for xbox one in my guestimation is microsofts communist policies on that next gen system, as far as only being able to play online and whatnot. especially with the offline mode that blizz has for the console versions of d3, I can definitely see that being a hangup.
Reply Quote
No conspiracies here or communist policies. Sony and Blizzard have had a good relationship for awhile so, they announce Sony releases first and foremost. Just look at the current gen release - they didn't say a word about whether or not it was coming to Xbox 360 at all right up until they had a release date. Then they finally showed the Xbox version.

Other companies do the same thing for Microsoft. Look at COD. Everything to do with COD gets released for Xbox first. All DLC comes to Xbox first. Doesn't mean they hate Sony. They just get special treatment from Microsoft. One company gets perks from the other company for doing these things. So, I am sure it will come to Xbox One as well. They just won't say anything about it until closer to the release date.
Reply Quote
Whatever the case is, both companies have their fans and haters in the industry and among consumers. Regardless competition is good, you think PS4 would launch at $399 if not for Microsoft? Without a true competitor, Sony would dominate the industry and likely released another overpriced $599+ console.
Reply Quote
the lack of diablo 4 for the x-bone is pretty much on microsoft's policies there are are number of game dev's out that wont make games for it because of Microsoft policies and licensing agreements they have too agree. and the only reason Microsoft went back on its initial stance about used game sales and such was half of the game companies threatened to cancel their games for that platform. not to mention they have to control when and how a dev can patch a game.

where as sony is a lot more easier to deal with as other have stated.
Reply Quote
You are correct, blizzard has had an established relationship with Sony for a while. However, the ps3 version seems to be the version with the highest chance of save corruption, go figure!

Chances are it will come to Xbox one just not before ps4 in my opinion.

not really true i have 6 friends all with save game corruptions on the xbox 360 and me and 2 other friends have ps3's have have not encountered a single save game corruption.

to be honest the corruptions are prob random and both systems have a high chance of it happening by the looks of the reports in the tech support forum
Reply Quote
I don't think it's preferential treatment, the items PS3 got, I'd like to think of it as their offering a benefit for the play station players, after all Xbox does get all their dlc an entire month before us. While neither is a big deal (IMO, anyways). As for whether or not it will come to the next gen consoles, that's a harder thing to say. The business relationship between each company, the total sales for each console, and the potential financial rewards versus the effort it would take further recreate this game, and any expansions as well.

As for me, I own both a ps3 and xbox 360. I only opted for the ps3 to play with my gf who's a lot more in favour of the ps3. I hope it does comes to the next gen Xbox console too.
Reply Quote
10/01/2013 10:26 AMPosted by DemonAcid
If so they are getting screwed since the game is horribly unstable on PS3 with screen tears and FPS drops galore when compared to the 360 version...

I must be lucky, I haven't had these issues
Reply Quote
10/01/2013 11:38 AMPosted by Ghstbr

I must be lucky, I haven't had these issues

Or me.

or me :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]