Diablo® III

Returning player seeks some advice :)

Returning after a really really long hiatus, I gave all my money and gear away before I left so.

I have a 60 monk and 60 wiz both with no gear (and only access to about 80k gold) also have a lev 30 barb with some gear. Nothing in my stash except some gems and salvaged components.

I was thinking of just starting a new char from level 1, I dont want to beg for gear for my monk or wiz (maybe I will use the rmah before it gets taken down if its cheap enough to get stuff I can work with)

Just wondering how I should go about starting over again. (NO i dont want to just quit and wait till march)
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I think that playing any level 60 hero in 80k worth of GAH gear is a good starting place for a returning player, but it's more important to play the class you want. I'd only suggest starting from level 1 if you're not interested in playing one of your existing level 60 characters, or if restarting is what you really feel like doing.
Reply Quote
You could also run naked in a hell or inferno game and just pick up some loot of unsuspecting players and just equip it asap. I'd personally play the barb and level it up, it really won't take much time. Also sometimes some really decent legendary items can be really cheap. If you wan I can toss some junk gear your way. Not exactly junk, junk... but I have plenty of stuff just sitting around.
Reply Quote
I would just buy some cheap gear with the 80k and work from there. You might have to farm a little in hell but IMHO its better than starting from scratch and rerolling unless you were planning on having alts.
Reply Quote
go buy 100 mil gold for 5$ and save yourself 100 hours of grinding so you can actually have fun experimenting with different builds and trying out different monster powers
Reply Quote
09/30/2013 06:01 PMPosted by MVP
go buy 100 mil gold for 5$ and save yourself 100 hours of grinding so you can actually have fun experimenting with different builds and trying out different monster powers

^^^^THIS :)
Reply Quote
Get your barb to lvl 60 and come visit the barb forum. People are more than glad to help you start out, no begging needed.

You can add me also, ill gear you to get you started. I wont gear you super strong, as you should advance yourself.
Reply Quote
i would either start again.

Or

Go to hell mp0-1 and buy vendor gear then farm a little in keeps lvl 2 then when your a little more cashed up heat to mp0 inferno.
Reply Quote
hit me up I'll give you 50m Objectivity#1958
Reply Quote
Buy gold, then buy gear, the way the game was meant to be played.
Reply Quote
hrmm if its only 5 bucks for 100mil I can prob live with that and will go that way. Thanks everyone who replied :)
Reply Quote
No point though. Take Objects 50 mill. 50 mill is zip. I made like 500 mill in the last week from finds...
Reply Quote
Go to the monk and wiz forum and ask there, I know the monks will gear you out.
Reply Quote
09/30/2013 06:39 PMPosted by Shaka808
hrmm if its only 5 bucks for 100mil I can prob live with that and will go that way. Thanks everyone who replied :)

Let us know how long it is before you get bored and quit again. When the point of playing is finding loot you are only killing your replay value by using the RMAH.

I would have suggested buying a couple pieces from the GAH and farming NM power level 0 or 1. You can get a million gold in no time. A million gold goes a loooong way now at days in terms of getting set pieces and legendaries. Luckily for you this game is brokenly easy to gear up at 60 with little to no gold.
Reply Quote
RMAH, is hard to go back to the game after you get a taste...
Reply Quote
Get your 100M gold, and budget build your characters (20M or less for each). There are several videos on youtube that will get you right. Go with either Moldran or Shinobi. Shinobi has each character for 10M or less. Go with a little better gear, and you cant go wrong. My CM wizard is a 15M build, and MP10 can be done.
Reply Quote
Barb is great for surviving in high mp, BUT monk, DH, and WD are awesome at farming normal-hell. Why farm normal-hell? Because some of that low level junk is selling for quite a lot now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]