Diablo® III

Console freeze- game breaker

I have 2lvl 60's, 2mid 30's and a lvl 36 hardcore character. I have been playing for too many hours for this crap to just randomly start happening. No mods, no duped gold- hell, i even cleaned my stashes out a little in core and hardcore while scrapping mules. EVER AUTOSAVE causes my system to freeze-hard-need to shutdown and turn back on. It is literally broken. Not just not fun but unplayable and further more the threat the freezes pose to my data is really, not tolerable.

So I would like a blue o help out with this seeing how i is not an isolated issue and we kinda gave blizzard money for this, for now, defunct junk. Any help or assurance would be slightly appreciated.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I am bumping this.

I am not sure if this is due to the save/corruption bug but my girlfriend and I are in Desolate Sands and after we go to the right on the map we freeze everytime. I either have to restart the game or worse force-restart the system.

Here are some things I tried:
Loading an older save before that point of the game was accessed..(Same thing happens)
Changing Network Connection to Offline (same thing happens but its later than it was before)

Sometimes the game does freeze when the auto-save icon is in the upper right hand corner, but other times it just freezes without the autosave icon on the screen.

Does anyone have any suggestions or fixes to this?
Thank you very much for reading =)
Reply Quote
Hope you guys are making multiple backups to USB Stick each day. Pretty obvious but, you'd be surprised the little things people never think of despite the message being repeated to death.
Reply Quote
We should back up by the data because of fear that it mat happen randomly down the road, not because the product is bad and freezes on every autosave.
Reply Quote
ideally blizzard needs to make it so the xbox version can be copied to a usb stick. at the moment its hard for me to backup my saves cos i can only move them. i use a mac so other programmes that allow me access to those files dont work an really i shouldnt have to use them. i should jus be able to copy the saves onto the stick an then have them safe on that as a backup. on xbox i can not do this without a lot of hassle.

hopefully blizzard will see the importance of this feature an update it with a patch to make xbox saves able to be copied onto other drives an not just moved.

cheating and hacking is already rife in this game an is easily done already. so it makes no sense to keep the saves locked on xbox as it does not prevent those that wish to hack/dupe an cheat. it only effects us legit players that would like to keep backups of our saves.

THQ did it for darksiders 2 an patched the saves so we could copy them due to the game having game breaking freeze issues that would either make you stuck an unable to progress or would corrupt your game. so theres no real reason why blizzard can not do this for D3

i keep backups of all my games especially loot based ones like this an borderlands.
Edited by ThaDon#2534 on 10/1/2013 4:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
09/30/2013 03:57 PMPosted by BlayneRTFM
Hope you guys are making multiple backups to USB Stick each day. Pretty obvious but, you'd be surprised the little things people never think of despite the message being repeated to death.

Did you even read my post? I stated that I had backed up multiple saves. One problem is the fact that You can't put multiple saves on the same device because the saves will overwrite eachother. I can't stand when people reply to a post without reading it. Way to state the obvious smh..

I have 2 usb sticks and i was backing up my gfs save on 1 stick, and mine on the other. I can't put more than one save on those because the file is the same generic name, and theres no way to save the file with a new name or rename.

UPDATE:
Still happening, been playing a 2nd character haven't lost any items or characters, it just freezes on my Barbarian in the Desolate Sands. I also tried playing just my character and it still freezes...

Thanks for reading again. Hopefully a Blizzard Rep will respond =)
Edited by tkinteractiv#1949 on 10/1/2013 6:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
maybe i won't get a console,I was thinking hc no dc,like this morning.Guess i was wrong again.
Reply Quote
I had this start happening to me out of the blue also, and I was able to resolve it after some tinkering. I tried all sorts of things, loading my character with my fiance and intentionally trying to get it to freeze, trying different characters and different difficulties, different acts, etc. Finally I figured maybe it was getting overloaded because I have too much to save, so I checked my stash. It was completely full and I had thousands of mats in there for crafting. I cut everything in half and stocked them on an alt account and haven't had a problem since.

Hopefully this solves the issue. Good luck.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
10/01/2013 12:36 PMPosted by Saerevok
I had this start happening to me out of the blue also, and I was able to resolve it after some tinkering. I tried all sorts of things, loading my character with my fiance and intentionally trying to get it to freeze, trying different characters and different difficulties, different acts, etc. Finally I figured maybe it was getting overloaded because I have too much to save, so I checked my stash. It was completely full and I had thousands of mats in there for crafting. I cut everything in half and stocked them on an alt account and haven't had a problem since.

Unfortunately, this isn't my problem both of our stash is practically empty, and our inventory isn't that full either, we salvage/sell right away...Hope this works for someone else =)
Reply Quote
OP what system are you using and which model, also is it installed or playing off disc. The "Slim" models that have small hdd's are plagued with freezing on installed games ( not sure about playing on disc)
Reply Quote
Also it is good practice for any hdd to keep at least 15-25% free space for Cache and OS
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I don't have a very filled HDD 120GB and I have the disc version of the game.
My system is in very good shape, i've had it about 3 years.

This is the 1st time I've had problems like this, I can play other games fine and it'll never freeze.
=D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]