Diablo® III

Lull in legendary drops

Anyone else notice a major lull this weekend in legendary drops? I played M-III and M-IV all weekend, clearing entire areas and might see 1 legendary per 2-3 hours. All of which are massive downgrades. MF is 400+.

Any ideas? I really want to find Tals set items for my wizard. I see so many people with Tals and Chantodoes. Where/how are they finding them?
Reply Quote
I haven't found a thing to upgrade my wizard since last week when I finished Inferno on medium. Playing Master 1 now and drops are all severe downgrades.....thought I'd be finding upgrades on Master 1.....I'm lvl 60(10)....made all 10 paragon levels on Master 1, but just not finding the loot....
Reply Quote
We noticed this exact same thing. Legendaries were dropping like flies the whole time we were leveling, but now that we are farming master III, we hardly get anything, and when we do its either the same exact piece with slightly different stats, or a complete downgrade.
Reply Quote
I get far more frequent drops on Easy than I do on the Master settings. Upgrades are really hard to find past a certain point (I have awesome gear for my Demon Hunter, and to find something better than what I have is going to take a while). It would be cool if the game sensed what items you were wearing and gave you a good chance of actually finding better gear. Maybe it would take longer for any legendary to drop, but once it did there could be a high chance of it being better than something you already have. Of course "better" is subjective, which complicates matters.
Reply Quote
@muraiki since you said you do have awesome/amazing gear to find something better probably will take some time. I myself all Sunday have been grinding my barbarian and found tons of legendaries and none were better then what I already had. I found some much gear that my son got mad and kicked me off my game.
Reply Quote
I think that is to be expected to a degree; there is a point where you have that "almost perfect" rolled gear all around, and getting that "perfect" gear to drop will take some time.
Reply Quote
This past weekend rocked for me.
Rng be Rng
Reply Quote
I'm more interested in finding set items right now. I have 2 set rings and my wizard found a set knife for Witch Dr. and Set staff for Monk. Neither of which I can use. Was really hoping to find more by now. Seems like the really powerful chars have mostly set items. Just wondering what to do differently to find some. Also finding legendary 2 handed weapons a lot. This is frustrating. Wishing these were 1 handed.
Reply Quote
First, a disclaimer. This represents my own findings and by no way is meant to explain what any individual experiences over a finite period. I provide this info only to offer some explanation of what I believe to be the most efficient way to farm legendary loot based on m own experience. Draw your conclusions as you will.

Last week I thought I was noticing lower drops too so I decided to do some runs at three different difficulties using Vault of the Assassin in Act II and record my findings. It's a small area with about 8 elites per run and makes for quick testing. I did 25 runs on Easy, 25 on Master I, and 25 on Master III. I start each run with no NV so it builds to the max 75% bonus after the first 3 kills.

On the Easy and Master I runs I go with a lot of MF gear since I don't need to spec for survivability as much, and end up at 375 MF and 425 MF respectively with 3 NV stacks. My kill rate is roughly 1 elite every 30-40 seconds, and it takes me about 4 minutes on Easy and about 4.5 minutes on Master 1. Basically the only thing determining how quickly I get through on Easy and Master I is my movement speed since kill rate doesn't slow much . On Master III however I need to dump some of my MF gear for higher resistances, armor, and survivability. My kill rate slows it takes me about 7 minutes/run and my MF reaches only about 415 even with the additional bonuses from Master III due to the MF gear I need to ditch.

Results were as follows (roughly, again going from memory here)
Easy - 12 Legendaries/25 Runs/97 Minutes = 0.48 Legendaries/Run or 0.124 Legendaries/Minute
Master I - 14 Legendaries/25 Runs/108 Minutes = 0.56 Legendaries/Run or 0.130 Legendaries/Minute
Master III - 14 Legendaries/25 Runs/170 Minutes = 0.56 Legendaries/Run or 0.082 Legendaries/Minute

I realize the above is a relatively small sample set to draw conclusions from, but it seems to suggest that you're better off farming at a lower level with higher MF and Kill Rates than at higher levels with lower MF and Kill Rates. I think many are being lured into Master 3-5 assuming that they'll be rewarded with more/better gear and end up sacrificing some speed and MF in order to make the jump to those upper difficulty levels.

RedSAFARI, my advice is to lower the difficulty level assuming this will help you pick up speed and swap out some of your gear for a higher overall MF. If you can end up with the same MF in master 1 as you have in master 3 through trading gear like I do and you can increase your kill rate by even 5-10% you'll end up with more legendary drops/hour.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]