Diablo® III

Tank Build: The Archimedean Hunter

Been playing my build a bit, amazing, you survive when you expect to die, in the middle of 5 arcane beams and plague.

The tank DH is back!

It was never gone ;) It's just that.. TankDHs won't perform as well as RF-SP types or the other more DH-ish gameplay/skill build :)

http://i.imgur.com/ol4dunq.png

Of course the tank DH thread continued a long while (I left after the nerf to JS). But it never really worked again with the same efficiency and popularity (I may be wrong).

But the builds in this thread IMO are not inferior to RF. Sure we don't have the DPS but we don't have to die, kite, get disrupted etc as much, esp in solo games. Bombardment is really strong in the best circumstances, but it has too many weaknesses against certain mobs.
Reply Quote
Of course the tank DH thread continued a long while (I left after the nerf to JS). But it never really worked again with the same efficiency and popularity (I may be wrong).

But the builds in this thread IMO are not inferior to RF. Sure we don't have the DPS but we don't have to die, kite, get disrupted etc as much, esp in solo games. Bombardment is really strong in the best circumstances, but it has too many weaknesses against certain mobs.

Sadly. majority of the players are dead on obsessed with EFFICIENCY, in which TankDHs don't really have. Not unless you steer towards Hybrids or just plain RF-SP since you are still tanking :)
Reply Quote
10/02/2013 09:33 PMPosted by Chrizzle
Sadly. majority of the players are dead on obsessed with EFFICIENCY, in which TankDHs don't really have. Not unless you steer towards Hybrids or just plain RF-SP since you are still tanking :)

The classic tank may not be efficient but well geared hunters using grenades, CoTs, traps, caltrops in some combination are capable of very good eDPS and AOE on high MPs. E.g. compared with Bola/traps or Bola/MfD builds. Of course I understand if it boils down to playstyle and as a ranged character not wanting to tank everything.
Reply Quote
Fun playing around with..

4.6% Blind
3.7% Stun
6.5% Freeze

with 14.5% Freeze Enchantress.

Add 4.4% more Freeze to a total of 10.9% Chance to freeze. I bought a 2OS Manticore just for fun. LOL. 800k is cheap considering the fact that I'm enjoying seeing them enemies Frozen even more.

Elite Tremors are hardly a problem now >_< They get frozen mid attack.. or their attack gets cancelled due to Blind and would look stupid.. or just have those stars in their head due to Stun.
Reply Quote
<-- HC-Version of the build

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Duff-2393/hero/29541771

I'm playing it for a year now and can only be stopped by DC.
Edited by Duff#2393 on 10/3/2013 5:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Whenever I see someone using Chains of Torment.. it makes me shed a tear. T_T

Anyways.. good to see more and more are using it ;)

Sentry was so useless then, pre-1.03, that nobody even bothered using it.. But during that time, CoT was already epic in terms of procs and it even can crit then. Sadly.. it doesn't crit now but you can put 2/3 now :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]