Diablo® III

How/why did you pick your first character?

MVP - Technical Support
View profile
My first main in D2 was a Necro so I really really wanted to try the WD out. I got through normal and hit a wall. My WoW main is a rogue so I tried the Monk out and found that to be more enjoyable. She is FINALLY 60. My highest char in D2 in the end was an 89 Sorc followed by a 80 Burrizon. I am currently leveling a Wizard and a DH. I enjoy all for different reasons.
Reply Quote
Barb, for the reason I always liked warrior style of classes and wanted to slay through enemies with powerful weapons such as cleavers and axes.
Reply Quote
I started with Barb just because I've always been more of a melee type of guy.

Kind of ironic that the class I picked first became my least favorite class after playing them all, I only have so many hours and elite kills logged on barb because I spent a lot of time achievement-farming in lower difficulties before I'd ever even tried the other classes
Reply Quote
in diablo 2 i was a hardcore paladin.

in final fantasy 11 i am a hardcore red mage.

i'm never usually a range class. the demon hunter is dark, sexy, and cool. like Kate Beckinsale the female vampire from underworld and like Vincent Valentine from final fantasy 7.

i just wished blizzard did more with her shadow power. like a female demon hunter who can druid morph into a shadow satyr or a shadow succubus. she has so much hatred i think shes growing mephisto horns.
Reply Quote
I chose Barbarian since I always pick the Knight-type class for my RPGs (Warriors in WoW), this was the closest.
Reply Quote
I chose the Witch Doctor because her abilities seemed the most interesting to me. :) I think my WD is Paragon 3 now. I need to get back into playing and try and get her to 100.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I love playing ranged casters, and truth to be told, I picked my first character based off of her voice! When I first heard the female Wizard speak, I instantly recognized the voice actor as being from another series I enjoy ("Avatar: The Last Airbender"), and decided it would be fun to journey along through Sanctuary with her commanding voice leading the way. :)
Reply Quote
10/01/2013 04:52 PMPosted by Vaeflare
I love playing ranged casters, and truth to be told, I picked my first character based off of her voice! When I first heard the female Wizard speak, I instantly recognized the voice actor as being from another series I enjoy ("Avatar: The Last Airbender"), and decided it would be fun to journey along through Sanctuary with her commanding voice leading the way. :)

I recognized the voice actor for the Templar as the guy from the TV show Enterprise. Made me chuckle.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
10/01/2013 04:54 PMPosted by MissyChrissy

I recognized the voice actor for the Templar as the guy from the TV show Enterprise. Made me chuckle.
Wait wait! I totally recognized him too, but was never able to place where I recognized him from! What character did he play on Enterprise?
Reply Quote
yusssssssssssssssssssss!!!!

wizard > all
Reply Quote
I chose a Barb because my friends all picked other classes and we wanted to have a balanced 4 person team. I wanted to roll a DH first but we wanted a tanky character on our team so Barb it was.

If there were more player spots like a max of 8 players I'd have gone DH for sure as it is my favorite now. Maaayybbee Blizz will surprise us at BlizzCon D3 panel and and tell us that they are increasing the player cap to 8?? *wink wink* Blizz *wink*
Reply Quote
10/01/2013 04:55 PMPosted by Vaeflare

Wait wait! I totally recognized him too, but was never able to place where I recognized him from! What character did he play on Enterprise?

Lieutenant Malcolm Reed!
Reply Quote
1st was for WD for me because i liked the preview in the alpha stages. I went all the way to inferno and finished it after two weeks. Did some inferno farming after then started my barb.

Monk was my last to level up and my least favourite still. I find it the most boring class because imo some of the skills are useless in MP8 and they need lifesteal on weapons.

I really only ever wanted the Paladin tbh and it looks like my wish has come true.

I levelled all my toons inc a 2nd barb because its a quick para class but i still have a soft spot for the WD. ALl of them are over 150k dps and some over 250k.

I really wanted to play the wizxard more but like the monk i feel other then Archon/CM wiz its boring as the other skills are not worth using. Its the class i die the most with. my WD almost never dies.
Reply Quote
i love kung fu action and mantra is somewhat similar to paladins aura that i main on D2. so it wasnt a hard choice. MONK.

PS : barb is seriously OP so i main him for now. but monk is still very close to my heart and gona rock it after barb nerf :D
Reply Quote
Community Manager

Lieutenant Malcolm Reed!
*!!!* ... this fact just totally made my day, thank you!

(I recently watched the entirety of Enterprise, and it really ended too soon!)
Reply Quote
I picked the Wizard for a number of reasons.
1.) I played the Sorcerer in Diablo 1 and a Sorceress in Diablo 2 quite often. I just love blowing s*** up with flashy spells.
2.) I also picked the Wizard because all of my RL friends were choosing other classes.
3.) After looking over and analyzing all the different classes that would be implemented into the game prior to release (even tested them out in the beta), I felt the Wizard would be most challenging to progress with, and I am always up for a challenge in a video game.
4.) I love the Wizard's cocky attitude.
5.) Shooting lightning from my hands makes me feel like a Sith Lord :-)

I still play my Wizard most often to this day and I feel the exact same way as I did back when I chose him in the first place.
Reply Quote
Was my favorite char from D2 so i went with the Barbarian
Reply Quote
10/01/2013 04:52 PMPosted by Vaeflare

I recognized the male wizard immediately as Duskmon and a number of my favorite villains from childhood, and even post childhood. Most recently White Knight Chronicles, another great RPG. Voice actors are a big thing for me, they really add personality and nostalgia to a game, especially an RPG. So I can definitely relate. Even though I was planning a Demon Hunter up til release night I switched to wizard pretty quickly just for the voice and had few regrets.
Edited by Cerberus#1294 on 10/1/2013 5:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/01/2013 04:55 PMPosted by n0LiJ
wizard > all

Pffffft barb all the way.. magic is for sissies.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]